preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
TropecitaGames I just tested out the game for sometime and it's looking great so really good job! But the game certainly can use more girl on girl fun (with mc present preferable but doesn't neccessary). Game has many girls so these content certainly helps. Will there be more girl on girl fun between our girls in future content? Kinda like in Harem Hotel

Reactions: TropecitaGames

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
TropecitaGames I just tested out the game for sometime and it's looking great so really good job! But the game certainly can use more girl on girl fun (with mc present preferable but doesn't neccessary). Game has many girls so these content certainly helps. Will there be more girl on girl fun between our girls in future content? Kinda like in Harem Hotel
Thanks for your opinion
I haven't played Harem Hotel, so I don't know what that game shows, but My Dorm will feature (if all content is unlocked):
* Threesomes MC-Centric with and without interaction between the girls
* Threesomes Polycentric with girl on girl fun
* At least one Girl-centric with another girl

MC will always be present.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
Tropecita, first of all: Nice game! Second, make the game you want. It is impossible to please everyone. If some people don't like what you're doing, guess what? I'm sure there's some other game they'll love. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Or, there's a nice line in Tombstone, "Well
.. bye!..." :)

Reactions: TropecitaGames

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Tropecita, first of all: Nice game! Second, make the game you want. It is impossible to please everyone. If some people don't like what you're doing, guess what? I'm sure there's some other game they'll love. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Or, there's a nice line in Tombstone, "Well
.. bye!..." :)
Thanks for the "nice game" thing :)
I am doing the game I want to do, with updates 100% planned until v.0.9 (December/January), and from them on a big picture of what's going to happen. But I don't say I'm not open to discussion, as it's my first game of this size (and my first AVN), and I know the game is far from perfect. You, the players, know much more about AVNs than me, as I've played very few, and I can learn a lot from the player base. Things that in my head work great (Mystery Girl, for example) aren't received too well.

Also, I know I can't please everyone, Iberian ham hasn't made it, let alone I'm going to make it (Spanish saying only understandable for those who have tasted Iberian ham), but I also don't want to force content on anyone. I couldn't have expected the controversy generated by two girls practicing kissing, so knowing it allows me to avoid it in the future.

Discontented

Mar 19, 2018
Just to make sure I didn't miss anything, as of the current version, is Eileen the only one with a sex scene thusfar? Not counting the ex at the beginning, I mean.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
View attachment 2000443
MC is a vampire confirmed
I didn't think about that reflection. Reflections are bitches. I didn't want him in that toast for a couple of reasons (his hand and drink aren't there)
If I remember correctly (I'm at work and can't look at the files) they are toasting for a night without assholes, so MC is not toasting there ;).
In Spain we only toast with alcoholic drinks (he's drinking pineapple juice) as it brings bad luck otherwise. I'm not a superstitious guy, but tradition is engraved in my brain. Spain is a country with strange traditions and superstitions.

But I think I like more your explanation about vampirism. I only hope it doesn't end (or begins, or progresses) like The Twilight saga.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
We've got cloning, and snipers, and motorcycle ninjas, so why not?
She's not a ninja. What kind of ninja takes pictures of the house in the open? ;)
She "only" is a girl with access to some key information and with a taste for leather

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
She's not a ninja. What kind of ninja takes pictures of the house in the open? ;)
She "only" is a girl with access to some key information and with a taste for leather
My qualification for calling someone a ninja are very low.

She's dressed in black and acting sneaky = She's a ninja. :ROFLMAO:

Edit: If Erika ever starts acting sneaky, she's a ninja too.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
It actually took me a while to get a chance to play the latest content. I very much enjoyed it! That game night went from fun and wonderful to uncomfortable really quick. Kind of like real life when people play games like this. I've seen it happen like this a lot. Well, I used to back when I was young enough to play games like that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, if there isn't at least one day where they play D&D after this:
screenshot0002.png
I'm going to be very disappointed. And I'd like it to happen more than once. Have a whole sub-plot of Daphne's campaign. Hell, maybe eventually even have a whole spin-off game of these character with D&D versions of themselves in a fantasy adventure. I would love that, :ROFLMAO:

Taking a stab at guessing the girl's races/classes:
Daphne would usually be Dungeon Master and a half-elf wizard when she gets to be a player.
Emma is a half-orc barbarian.
Erika would be a tiefling bard and also DM sometimes to give Daphne a break and let her be a player.
Scarlett would be an aasimar druid.
If Norah plays, which I imagine she would, then she'd be a halfling rogue.
And if mom plays then she'd be an elven sorcerer
Now, if we could get Eileen in then she'd probably be a gnome ranger.
Yeah, those are my guesses...

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
It actually took me a while to get a chance to play the latest content. I very much enjoyed it! That game night went from fun and wonderful to uncomfortable really quick. Kind of like real life when people play games like this. I've seen it happen like this a lot. Well, I used to back when I was young enough to play games like that.

Also, if there isn't at least one day where they play D&D after this:
View attachment 2000535
I'm going to be very disappointed. And I'd like it to happen more than once. Have a whole sub-plot of Daphne's campaign. Hell, maybe eventually even have a whole spin-off game of these character with D&D versions of themselves in a fantasy adventure. I would love that, :ROFLMAO:

Taking a stab at guessing the girl's races/classes:
Daphne would usually be Dungeon Master and a half-elf wizard when she gets to be a player.
Emma is a half-orc barbarian.
Erika would be a tiefling bard and also DM sometimes to give Daphne a break and let her be a player.
Scarlett would be an aasimar druid.
If Norah plays, which I imagine she would, then she'd be a halfling rogue.
And if mom plays then she'd be an elven sorcerer
Now, if we could get Eileen in then she'd probably be a gnome ranger.
Yeah, those are my guesses...
The "bottle-game" never ends well if there are rivalries, and there you have at least two rivalries:
*Emma-Daphne are throwing daggers to each other since the Star Wars talk at lunch
*Scarlet-Erika-Emma are female wolves fighting over a little lamb (the MC)

Yes, it's a typo, they are talking about Olivia. I'll correct it when I return home from work and will be corrected in the next release.

They will play D&D at least once, don't worry. Only the girls play, not Norah or Martha
You got it right with Daphne being the DM, but she plays a pseudo-NPC accompanying the party who is a half-elf as you say, but cleric
Do you see a half-orc dressed in pink? Emma plays a Ghaele descendant aasimar (with pink opalescent eyes, the only reason to play that race) paladin. She's melee, but with a bit of magic.
Erika is tiefling, but rogue
Scarlett's the substitute DM. She plays a Fairy wizard
Eileen played once as a human bard. She didn't understand the game.
If Norah and Martha ever play, you are not missing the mark by much.
Do you remember the dream sequence at the end of v.0.2 (Day 4)?

I'm tempted to have the MC play as an Aarakocra, as if he were the rooster of the henhouse... Just kidding, rendering that will be a nightmare

EDIT: This game will get a couple spin-offs in due time. One will be a normal-update-sized one shot when My Dorm is past a key point. And the other one I'm still thinking about it, but it will be when the game is nearing its end. As I also want to do a fantasy game, perhaps I steal your idea and make a game based on Daphne's campaign for that second spin-off

• Haha
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
The "bottle-game" never ends well if there are rivalries, and there you have at least two rivalries:
*Emma-Daphne are throwing daggers to each other since the Star Wars talk at lunch
*Scarlet-Erika-Emma are female wolves fighting over a little lamb (the MC)
I love the girl's dynamics; they play off each other so well. It's like watching a group of real girl friends. So many AVNs ignore the interpersonal relationships between the girls or do it poorly, but I think you do a really good job with it. So, keep up the good work there, ;)

They will play D&D at least once, don't worry.
Thank you...

Only the girls play, not Norah or Martha
You got it right with Daphne being the DM, but she plays a pseudo-NPC accompanying the party who is a half-elf as you say, but cleric
I knew she'd be the DM, I bet she's a good one too.

Do you see a half-orc dressed in pink? Emma plays a Ghaele descendant aasimar (with pink opalescent eyes, the only reason to play that race) paladin. She's melee, but with a bit of magic.
That was why I picked half-orc, because of how funny it would be. Seeing her as a half-orc dressed in pink and being girly, but then going full rage mode on goblins and stuff. That would be very funny. Though Paladin was the other class I was going to guess for her. She seems like the always lawful/good type.

I just went for half-orc barbarian for the joke. Aasimar fits her very well and if I hadn't gone for the joke of half-orc and thought Scarlett might be an Aasimar I probably would have landed on Aasimar as Emma's race of choice too.

Erika is tiefling, but rogue
I considered rogue, but then I thought that maybe she'd also be kind of playing a "punk band" style bard of the party since she was probably still in her emo phase when they started.

I love that you are carrying over the theme of opposites with Emma and Erika. Pink and Black, angel and demon, Aasimar and Tiefling, Paladin and Rogue. I'm interested in seeing the other areas this carries into.

Scarlett's the substitute DM. She plays a Fairy wizard
I'm not surprised by the Fairy (I just didn't think to pick it as it's not a common player race at my tables). The only reason I went with Aasimar for her was because I knew she'd want something supernatural but that could be sweet but also kind of mischievous and since I wasn't even thinking of fairy as a playable race, I went with Aasimar. But I am surprised by her playing a wizard, that is interesting.

Eileen played once as a human bard. She didn't understand the game.
Maybe if she had been Gnomish Ranger, she would have had more fun, :ROFLMAO:
We need to get her to give it another try and have her pick a better class for her.
See, the problem is that playing a human is usually boring for newer players while the Bard has too much going on for a new player. They have to pick spells from level one (most of which have to be support or control spells and not attack spells so they are harder to use), they have to roleplay a lot and be the face or backup face of the party, they have to be the skill-junkie picking any skills the rest of the party doesn't have, and they have to be a backup healer usually... too much for new players. Gnome has just enough special stuff, dark-vision, a little bit of magic, they're small as well, much better race then humans for new players. And the ranger starts with just a few special things but not too many, and then can expand into more cool stuff early on as the player learns the game. It's a good new player class.

If Norah and Martha ever play, you are not missing the mark by much.
We got get them into the game then.

Overall, I think I made pretty good guess. Especially considering it's still early in the game. I think it shows how well you are doing at revealing the character's personalities in the game that I was able to get so close at this.

Do you remember the dream sequence at the end of v.0.2 (Day 4)?
Why do you think I want a whole game of the characters looking like this but with more, ;)

Give me Erika with sexy horns and a tail. And Emma with pink eyes, and Scarlett flying around as a short fairy... that would make me a happy man.

I'm tempted to have the MC play as an Aarakocra, as if he were the rooster of the henhouse... Just kidding, rendering that will be a nightmare
Rendering a bird man would he hard I’d imagine. :ROFLMAO:

It’s interesting to think of the MC’s race/class. Maybe a Drow or a Changeling Warlock (Great Old One Patron).

SPEEDxxDEMON

Aug 10, 2019
hi wondering if there's a walkthrough mod for the game, i know i read in the Devs notes there was a integrated walkthrough which i turned on but it don't give me any high lighted answer. Thanks

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
hi wondering if there's a walkthrough mod for the game, i know i read in the Devs notes there was a integrated walkthrough which i turned on but it don't give me any high lighted answer. Thanks
It is only there when a choice has an effect on things. If there is no information (such as a choice closing a route or something) then you pick what you like as it has no effect later and just changes that scene a bit.

Reactions: SPEEDxxDEMON

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
1 year playing D&D and 20 years playing AD&D.
The original box set I got in 1979 and when I went into the Navy in 1980 went to AD&D and never moved on or back since.
Played AD&D well over 20 years and still have enough books for 5 players to have there own copy.

God I miss this game, can't find anyone around me that would commit to a weekend every month or so.

TropecitaGames

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
I love the girl's dynamics; they play off each other so well. It's like watching a group of real girl friends. So many AVNs ignore the interpersonal relationships between the girls or do it poorly, but I think you do a really good job with it. So, keep up the good work there, ;)

Thank you...

I knew she'd be the DM, I bet she's a good one too.

That was why I picked half-orc, because of how funny it would be. Seeing her as a half-orc dressed in pink and being girly, but then going full rage mode on goblins and stuff. That would be very funny. Though Paladin was the other class I was going to guess for her. She seems like the always lawful/good type.

I just went for half-orc barbarian for the joke. Aasimar fits her very well and if I hadn't gone for the joke of half-orc and thought Scarlett might be an Aasimar I probably would have landed on Aasimar as Emma's race of choice too.

I considered rogue, but then I thought that maybe she'd also be kind of playing a "punk band" style bard of the party since she was probably still in her emo phase when they started.

I love that you are carrying over the theme of opposites with Emma and Erika. Pink and Black, angel and demon, Aasimar and Tiefling, Paladin and Rogue. I'm interested in seeing the other areas this carries into.

I'm not surprised by the Fairy (I just didn't think to pick it as it's not a common player race at my tables). The only reason I went with Aasimar for her was because I knew she'd want something supernatural but that could be sweet but also kind of mischievous and since I wasn't even thinking of fairy as a playable race, I went with Aasimar. But I am surprised by her playing a wizard, that is interesting.

Maybe if she had been Gnomish Ranger, she would have had more fun, :ROFLMAO:
We need to get her to give it another try and have her pick a better class for her.
See, the problem is that playing a human is usually boring for newer players while the Bard has too much going on for a new player. They have to pick spells from level one (most of which have to be support or control spells and not attack spells so they are harder to use), they have to roleplay a lot and be the face or backup face of the party, they have to be the skill-junkie picking any skills the rest of the party doesn't have, and they have to be a backup healer usually... too much for new players. Gnome has just enough special stuff, dark-vision, a little bit of magic, they're small as well, much better race then humans for new players. And the ranger starts with just a few special things but not too many, and then can expand into more cool stuff early on as the player learns the game. It's a good new player class.

We got get them into the game then.

Overall, I think I made pretty good guess. Especially considering it's still early in the game. I think it shows how well you are doing at revealing the character's personalities in the game that I was able to get so close at this.

Why do you think I want a whole game of the characters looking like this but with more, ;)

Give me Erika with sexy horns and a tail. And Emma with pink eyes, and Scarlett flying around as a short fairy... that would make me a happy man.

Rendering a bird man would he hard I’d imagine. :ROFLMAO:

It’s interesting to think of the MC’s race/class. Maybe a Drow or a Changeling Warlock (Great Old One Patron).
At the end of the day, My Dorm is a game about friendship and family (with sex and snipers :eek:), so I think showing the girls interacting (not sexually, I don't want to begin that discussion once again ;) ) is a way to know them better. They are different when they interact with the MC than when talking to each other. I cheat and show conversations like the one with Norah and Martha that the MC can't know about, but... it's a game and I can cheat :D
Daphne is a good DM, who prepares the game with (too much) realism, Emma is the protagonism-whore, Erika is the sneaky one who gets the job done, and Scarlett is who saves the day with the brilliant idea (she knows how Daphne thinks, and plays on it)
Eileen didn't have fun, not because of her character, but because she didn't get the "Think as your character would do, act based on her skills, get into her skin". She's a too feet-on-the-ground girl.
You got a great guess considering what we know about the girls!
The first game will be with the same people who played the bottle game. I don't know right now if there will be more.
I should have a (bad and early) test render of the party. I should look for it and upload it here.

As JoeTheMC84 pointed out, it only shows if there is any long-term consequences. First instance, in the first movie night with Martha.

1 year playing D&D and 20 years playing AD&D.
The original box set I got in 1979 and when I went into the Navy in 1980 went to AD&D and never moved on or back since.
Played AD&D well over 20 years and still have enough books for 5 players to have there own copy.

God I miss this game, can't find anyone around me that would commit to a weekend every month or so.
I began playing in high school, at 16 with AD&D. Then moved to AD&D 2nd edition at college, and played until I was 47, with on and off times in between. Then a pandemic appeared. It's difficult to get a group of people to commit after that. But I invest the time designing My Dorm, so it's not a total loss.

When I was in the Air Force (drafted service here then) I built a couple of playing groups, one with drafted soldiers and another one with NCOs and COs. The draftees enjoyed D&D, but the Officers preferred to move to Twilight 2000 (a WW3 game). We even made a blueprint of the barracks and played an attack by scavengers where the players should defend the barracks. Great times!

Reactions: a1fox3
4.10 star(s) 99 Votes