SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Let me know if the troubles persist.
Dang. Still getting the errors again. Used the fix, and now getting errors about Emma.

I reinstalled both parts clean, removed everything (even all my old saves). Started from scratch, no mods or anything. Did an Eileen & Alexis playthrough only. Waited a good minute at the end for the save to be created as well (just in case). Imported it into part 2, and still get the errors.

EDIT: Don't know if it matters, but here is the save in question. This is the one that the game created for importing into part 2.

Reactions: Trope95

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I did, bro. It was never about the text to begin with for me.
Yeah I Noticed later, you are complaining that the UI is quite with small letters, (now it is clear after I read your post) :rolleyes:
Now I'm complaining that my reading glasses are foggy :ROFLMAO:
amiable34

when you start up in the first menu screen you click on " Configuraciòn" -> then on the top of the screen the last Icon to the right "Idioma"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Dang. Still getting the errors again. Used the fix, and now getting errors about Emma.

I reinstalled both parts clean, removed everything (even all my old saves). Started from scratch, no mods or anything. Did an Eileen & Alexis playthrough only. Waited a good minute at the end for the save to be created as well (just in case). Imported it into part 2, and still get the errors.

EDIT: Don't know if it matters, but here is the save in question. This is the one that the game created for importing into part 2.
With this, I could import your save. Try it please.

Bloodmoon22

Oct 17, 2020
While the save from part 1 worked, now when I forward the talking it will go forward for a little while then it will reverse and go backwards. Any fix for this?

• Thinking Face

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
While the save from part 1 worked, now when I forward the talking it will go forward for a little while then it will reverse and go backwards. Any fix for this?
Do you mean, the dialogue starts normal and then it rolls back to the line before and then rolls back to the line before that? I don't even know how that should be possible. :eek:

• Red Heart

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Do you mean, the dialogue starts normal and then it rolls back to the line before and then rolls back to the line before that? I don't even know how that should be possible. :eek:
It sounds like he's excessively using the skip button and it's borked somehow.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
I never said that. You better go look again.
I hacked the new UI out and the old one in. Not sure I got everything and I had to add the new choices, since they are needed to show the WT correctly.

Let me know if there are problems.

Attention: Does not have a language switch in it and no toggle for the patch. Make those settings as you like them with the "part 2 UI", before installing this.

• Red Heart

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I hacked the new UI out and the old one in. Not sure I got everything and I had to add the new choices, since they are needed to show the WT correctly.

Let me know if there are problems.

Attention: Does not have a language switch in it and no toggle for the patch. Make those settings as you like them with the "part 2 UI", before installing this.

Google DriveMEGA
Only problem I'm having is with my old eyes. The settings section is the worse for me. It's too busy. Main menu is ok though.

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Really loved this update. First, had no issues importing saves or changing the language to english. I'm kinda hoping that Eileen and her mom stay at the house permanently, but we'll see how that goes. As for Scarlett situation, please please please let us kick the living shit out of Kevin as soon as possible. I want to see that excuse for a man strung up by his balls, literally!! And just for good measure, someone needs to slap Scarlett's mother upside her head, preferably Betty with a rolling pin. As for the ending, that was a great uh-oh moment. Can't wait to see how Simone and Sam handle this one, while the MC sits back silently watching and holding his breath. Keep up the great work.
You know the last MK game have some very inovative Fatalities.
Maybe we can try 1 or 2 on Kevin.Or all:)

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Is it really only me who noticed that sweet Norah, who we already put a baby in, didn't even get a kiss in this update? I'm sad...:cry: The best character :love:
Makes sense for the story though, her is one of the secret relationships, so we can't be kissing her with others (besides one of her daughters) around. And all her screen time this update there were others around

• Red Heart

amiable34

Jan 1, 2019
Yeah I Noticed later, you are complaining that the UI is quite with small letters, (now it is clear after I read your post) :rolleyes:
Now I'm complaining that my reading glasses are foggy :ROFLMAO:
amiable34

when you start up in the first menu screen you click on " Configuraciòn" -> then on the top of the screen the last Icon to the right "Idioma"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
thanks .i realy like this game but i hope he hsn,t messed with it too much.

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Nice update. Now I wonder what's up with Scarlet's mom. She clearly deserves a better man than that loser Kevin.
I think she doesn't deserve anything better than Kevin. Kevin is her new boyfriend (for a bit over 3 months) and she believes him over her.
She has been lying to Scarlett about her bio father all her life.
She thinks Scarlett wrecked her life just by being born.
If she gives someone like Kevin free rein, it's her fault, not only his. If she doesn't want to see the proof, if she had taken the work to know her daughter and knew she wouldn't lie about it, it's her fault.

Nope, nobody deserves a Kevin, even if the situation with Scarlett is indefensible and makes her a bad mother, whether she loves her daughter or not.
Read the above answer. I think Mrs. Russell is unredeemable (right now). She is blind to Kevin's faults and she's one of the worse mothers I was able to write.

Come on. She is a disabled single mom, who was thrown out herself by her parents because of her pregnancy. And her partner is a lying rapist. Nobody deserves that.
Most characters in My Dorm aren't black or white (beyond Jonas, Jack, and Kevin), I want them to be a shade of grey, and Scarlett's mother is a very dark shade of grey.
As S1nsational says below, there is some intended parallelism with Scarlett: She has been kicked from her home (not because of her pregnancy in this case) and she has the same condition. The difference between Scarlett and her mother is where she ends up. Scarlett is received into a new family (regardless if she is MC's half-sister or not, because they don't know about it) that will teach her what a real family should be like.

And where if at all would you suggest it all end? Should Scarlett get a pass to abuse and neglect our children with her because of her own abuse? Hell no.

What Scarlett's mother has said and done is beyond defense.

I don't give a damn that she's disabled, Scarlett is too.
As I wrote above, the biggest difference is where they end up.
Scarlett has found a mother in Norah, an aunt in Martha, a couple of sisters in Daphne and Erika, and a cousin in Emma.
Yeah, the irony of Daphne, Erika, and Emma's roles, and Norah and Martha's ones, if she is our sister, is intended.

Really loved this update. First, had no issues importing saves or changing the language to english. I'm kinda hoping that Eileen and her mom stay at the house permanently, but we'll see how that goes. As for Scarlett situation, please please please let us kick the living shit out of Kevin as soon as possible. I want to see that excuse for a man strung up by his balls, literally!! And just for good measure, someone needs to slap Scarlett's mother upside her head, preferably Betty with a rolling pin. As for the ending, that was a great uh-oh moment. Can't wait to see how Simone and Sam handle this one, while the MC sits back silently watching and holding his breath. Keep up the great work.
Having Kiara and Eileen at home permanently is tricky. They will use a room that should be free in some months for the new students, but Meemaw and Betty's rooms should be freed. There is a solution down the road (literally).
We haven't seen the end of Kevin and Mrs. Russell's story arc yet. I won't say anything more.
About the Uh-oh moment, the convo will be completely different if the MC is dating Simone or not. One option ends better than the other one.

The day will come when his lying ass is exposed for the sexual predator he is and when that happens she will realize that she destroyed her relationship with the only person who truly loved her. Once and if this happens she will try to make things right with her daughter. But will it be to late? I just hope that Tropecita lets the little rat bastard try to do something again to Scarlett and this time he gets caught by her bitch ass mom and all the girls. Then allows the girls to make an example of him by turning him into a eunuch.
Not an eunuch, but Kevin will pay. Amanda saved the day without knowing Scarlett. Imagine what she and Eva are willing to do when they become part of the family. Same with Alexia. Same with every girl in the big family when the word spreads. There aren't enough rolling pins in Newport for all the people wanting to use one in Kevin's head/dick/balls.
The right question in your post is "But will it be too late?" for their relationship to be amended. Let's wait and see.

That sucks. I'm hating this UI more and more and not just because of my old eyes. I fear this game is going to go into the bin. Which fuckin sucks.
I hope Riam's hack solved it for you.
If not, the sequel will be "My Bin".

where is the english language for fuck sake.
In the OP you have an instructions manual to change languages.

4.10 star(s) 103 Votes