TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Well that looks interesting. I'd need a desk setup that would work with that, but its on my radar now (I don't think I could re-learn how to type on anything other than a QWERTY setup though ...).

Also, I prefer the thumb trackball myself.
Mine is still qwerty, the biggest hurdle was learning layers, since it doesn't have as many keys as a standard keyboard.

Reactions: Trope95

MarsUltor

Aug 2, 2018
View attachment 3925733
Never seen those, I'm using my good old QWERTZ Keyboard...:p
Funny story about the Dvorak keyboard layout...

Years ago, I used to be the designated "tech support" guy in my department at work; the guy folks in my department would call for help with minor tech issues before taking the next step of contacting the I.T. department for help. Anyway, I discovered that the Dvorak keyboard layout setting was an optional keyboard setting in Windows (dating back to Win98, IIRC), so on April Fools Day each year, I would pick somebody from my department to switch their default keyboard layout setting from QWERTY to Dvorak before they came in to the office for the day (I'd always make sure to select a victim with a good sense of humor). Invariably, I'd get a call on the morning of April 1st from my targeted co-worker in a panic, convinced that their computer was possessed. It was all I could do to manage keeping a straight face as I'd tell them that I hoped we wouldn't have to replace their computer, then I'd log in to it and "poke around" for a bit, covertly switch it back to QWERTY, and then tell them I had managed to "fix" it (much to their relief).

Now you all know how truly evil I am... :devilish:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
what did you swap out the keycaps for then?
Just various color ways I liked better, it's not even a full swap cause some of the keycaps are weird shapes that 4 years ago I couldn't find good fits for, so it's a real hodgepodge. Like the one on my gaming pc has the textured wasd keycaps from an old corsair board I had cause I got used to those as my wasd. And my favorite color is blue so where able I've swapped in blue caps. I've got super clicky switches on both boards though cause I love me some click.

Trope95

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Feel free to ignore this if it's too personal, but was it tough to get to the point where you could be open with your family about creating adult content (and letting them play it)?

Just curious. Obviously there are plenty of creatives who have their family test things, I was just curious if there were major differences in this sphere.
It was easy for me. I played a bit with Poser (and a bit of Daz) more than 10 years ago, mainly to do character portraits for the RPG games we played. I've lost most of them, but here you have...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In 2021 (or perhaps earlier) my stepson discovered Daz AVNs. He played a lot of manga AVNs and tried to get me into them, but I never got the feeling. But he recommended a game to me and that's the story's start! My first game was Sisterly Lust and fell in love with that game.
And that was a problem. The next games I tried weren't at the same level. Every one of them had something I didn't like (sandbox, NTR, having to choose one girl over another, unclear choices, etc.).
Since he was the one recommending the games, we chatted a lot about them. And one day he told me "Why don't you convert one of the stories you wrote into a game? You know how to code and how to do Poser graphics". And that was the spark for My Dorm.
I talked about it with my wife (she loved my little stories) and she chose one after my stepson explained to her the different genres. "This one can become a harem incest game", she said. It was a (non-adult) sci-fi story with clones and a shady company trying to get the protagonists' family farm on a distant moon.
I started re-writing the whole story (several times) on my 49th birthday until it became unrecognizable. Changed the farm for a Dorm, then added NTR not only as the "bad guys" but as the object of desire (instead of the farm) and kept the Dorm. Changed the family tree, etc.
After a couple of weeks, I had a schematic of what the story would look like. Explained it to my wife and stepson and they loved it. Then I needed to re-learn Daz (I'm still in the process), learn how to code in Ren'py (luckily, I got a lot of help from RiamMar when the game was already running), and then I started writing the new story dialogues and rendering.

I can say I couldn't (or wouldn't) do it without my family supporting me. Doing this takes a lot of time My Dorm "stole" from the family time. I even had a (small) marriage crisis because my wife thought (correctly) that I was spending more time with "the dolls" than with her. We adjusted. I still spend more time with "the girls" than with her, but she loves the story and, sometimes, she even pushes me like "Isn't a new scene to test yet?". She and my stepson became the testers. My goddaughter got an alter-ego in the game and also became a tester ("That sentence said by (insert a young girl here) looks like written by a 50 y.o. guy").
I named my "company" (Tropecita Games) after a nickname I use for my wife.

I guess some devs can do this behind their families' backs if they spend little time on it or if they live alone. I spent more than 40 hours doing the gallery on Friday-Sunday last week. I can't (nor want to) hide it.

Sorry for the wall of text.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
It was easy for me. I played a bit with Poser (and a bit of Daz) more than 10 years ago, mainly to do character portraits for the RPG games we played. I've lost most of them, but here you have...
In 2021 (or perhaps earlier) my stepson discovered Daz AVNs. He played a lot of manga AVNs and tried to get me into them, but I never got the feeling. But he recommended a game to me and that's the story's start! My first game was Sisterly Lust and fell in love with that game.
And that was a problem. The next games I tried weren't at the same level. Every one of them had something I didn't like (sandbox, NTR, having to choose one girl over another, unclear choices, etc.).
Since he was the one recommending the games, we chatted a lot about them. And one day he told me "Why don't you convert one of the stories you wrote into a game? You know how to code and how to do Poser graphics". And that was the spark for My Dorm.
I talked about it with my wife (she loved my little stories) and she chose one after my stepson explained to her the different genres. "This one can become a harem incest game", she said. It was a (non-adult) sci-fi story with clones and a shady company trying to get the protagonists' family farm on a distant moon.
I started re-writing the whole story (several times) on my 49th birthday until it became unrecognizable. Changed the farm for a Dorm, then added NTR not only as the "bad guys" but as the object of desire (instead of the farm) and kept the Dorm. Changed the family tree, etc.
After a couple of weeks, I had a schematic of what the story would look like. Explained it to my wife and stepson and they loved it. Then I needed to re-learn Daz (I'm still in the process), learn how to code in Ren'py (luckily, I got a lot of help from RiamMar when the game was already running), and then I started writing the new story dialogues and rendering.

I can say I couldn't (or wouldn't) do it without my family supporting me. Doing this takes a lot of time My Dorm "stole" from the family time. I even had a (small) marriage crisis because my wife thought (correctly) that I was spending more time with "the dolls" than with her. We adjusted. I still spend more time with "the girls" than with her, but she loves the story and, sometimes, she even pushes me like "Isn't a new scene to test yet?". She and my stepson became the testers. My goddaughter got an alter-ego in the game and also became a tester ("That sentence said by (insert a young girl here) looks like written by a 50 y.o. guy").
I named my "company" (Tropecita Games) after a nickname I use for my wife.

I guess some devs can do this behind their families' backs if they spend little time on it or if they live alone. I spent more than 40 hours doing the gallery on Friday-Sunday last week. I can't (nor want to) hide it.

Sorry for the wall of text.
That's actually really interesting to hear, thanks for the background! My wife and daughter don't know about the games I play (my daughter is too young anyway), but I only play them - it would be impossible to hide if I was actually working on them, so I think it's vital that you have "buy-in" from your family on this (but also keep that "work–life balance").

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
That's so much better than what I'm used to seeing with poser.

Reactions: MarsUltor

JeJuice

Aug 11, 2024
But he recommended a game to me and that's the story's start! My first game was Sisterly Lust and fell in love with that game.
Hi man first thanks for the game and I understand now why I like My dorm like that, sisterly lust was my first game too and I love it too. I just discovered my dorm last week and man he is awesome, I see some similarity between the games. But I have a question for you I don't know how many update will remain for finish the game but you are not afraid about the fact that you have too much girl in the game not that bother me i like them all ( Norah, martha and debbie best girl ) because now we have like 22 girls and maybe after in act 3 like you said for choosing for kate if the MC return from Aruba or something like that it will have 6 more girls, for have a scene with each that will be a little complicated. I will take the example of sisterly lust you build a relationship between the MC and each girl more in depth than in this game so that why I'm questionning mysel about that.
Anyway, continue this very good game I'm in a hurry to discover the DnD game and the next of the game (I hope the first time with debbie will be soon). Sorry if my english is not very good it's not my native languauge, Thanks.

JeJuice

Aug 11, 2024
It's not a problem just like trope said a few days ago about alexia or simone that we don't have seen a scene with her for long time, it's just that if you like one girl you can just not see her for long time. Don't get me wrong I really like the developpement about each girl if the next one are like that I'm happy about that.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I think the problem with most harem games, isn't the large numbers of girls available to have in your harem, it's that the vast majority of players come to these games while they're still in active development, and so they're getting everything in drips and drabs and so complain about how it's ages since this that or the other favorite girl of theirs got content, forgetting that were you to play this large harem game for the first time when it's complete you'd never have any complaints at all.

It's a matter of perspective.

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
It's not a problem just like trope said a few days ago about alexia or simone that we don't have seen a scene with her for long time, it's just that if you like one girl you can just not see her for long time. Don't get me wrong I really like the developpement about each girl if the next one are like that I'm happy about that.
Yep, there are some girls I'm really looking forward to getting back to. Trope95 might as well lump some of those together, for efficiency's sake. I'd love a full Erika and Norah scene, or pretty much any other combination, to be fair, since I like everyone.

Also waiting for this to bear fruit...
1723567126947.png

Reactions: Shadow74 and e6mill

jI11jaCksjAkk

Jun 26, 2023
I don't see the problem as being the absolute number of girls, but when they stop being individuals and begin to blur together. Which there doesn't seem to be any danger of here yet.
I agree...BUT the blurring-together obviously becomes a problem sooner for some players than others - not because the characters themselves are not disctinctive, but because old brains have a hard time remembering who some of the peripheral LIs are when they get little screen time. I definitely find myself asking "Who the Hell is that again" regularly already, so the prospect of adding 6 more soon is getting me to the point where I may :cry: have to start excluding some. It's just too many to keep apart in my head, even though Trope does such a great job of making them all so likeable that I want to have them all. :love:

But I absolutely refuse to go the spreadsheet route. :D I've used Excel way too much professionally to want to bring it into my (virtual) bedroom too. :sick:

JeJuice

Aug 11, 2024
Yes your not wrong about that once the game will be finish there will be no complain about who many girl you have.

JeJuice

Aug 11, 2024
Yep, there are some girls I'm really looking forward to getting back to. Trope95 might as well lump some of those together, for efficiency's sake. I'd love a full Erika and Norah scene, or pretty much any other combination, to be fair, since I like everyone.

Also waiting for this to bear fruit...
View attachment 3928226
Yes we will have more and more group scene in the future and it's a really good things

4.00 star(s) 116 Votes