jclarke

Feb 10, 2019
Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure I'm caught up on the game content, but I don't remember the phrase "in the real world" being a thing at any point, so I either missed some content and need to revisit something, or I managed to get through a scene that really set off someone's brain gremlins with mine not making a single peep about it?

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Did I miss something? I'm pretty sure I'm caught up on the game content, but I don't remember the phrase "in the real world" being a thing at any point, so I either missed some content and need to revisit something, or I managed to get through a scene that really set off someone's brain gremlins with mine not making a single peep about it?
Option 2, assuming you've watched the D&D

Reactions: jclarke

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Did you play the DnD part or did you somehow skip over the whole thing? :unsure:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Have you seen MC play DnD? If so and you completed that update, you're up to date

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
He is refering to the dnd game where MC thoughts in gameworld and Dialoges differ from what is spoken around the table, Trope used that phrase to signal when they are talking in MyDormverse, and when they are talking in the DND world.

johnpouljones

Oct 17, 2023
And I thought I was the one "in the real world". The game is in the game and where am I? I think I'm lost!

• Haha
Reactions: xapican and jclarke

Pax Draconis

Aug 18, 2023
*In the real world* I came to hate this very quickly.
*In the real world* Once is more than enough, and it would probably be better to switch to a picture of the player, even a static one and then back to the character.
*In the real world* Some things look very much good in your head, but you just gave anyone with OCD/ADHD an aneurism.
*In the real world* Please never do this again.

It's a minor but consistent annoyance in a very much good story you're building here, one I have enjoyed up until this point.

*In the real world* I turn off all music and most sounds in games because repetition like this grates on my nerves and tears me away from any semblance of a story.
*In the real world* Once was enough, you hit overkill very quickly and if you run a dnd campaign like this, I would feel very sorry for your players.
*In the real world* If you ever feel like rewriting anything, I suggest this very phrasing. Take it out and please use the aforementioned way to make it more dynamic if you really have to, but this phrase turns your ingame story into a slog, and make it complete nonsense.
*In the real world* I'm not trying to be mean, but I really do hope I am making my point clearly.
R4oJZXS.gif image053-WF215.jpg
images.jpg

Last edited:

jclarke

Feb 10, 2019
Option 2, assuming you've watched the D&D
Have you seen MC play DnD? If so and you completed that update, you're up to date
Did you play the DnD part or did you somehow skip over the whole thing? :unsure:
He is refering to the dnd game where MC thoughts in gameworld and Dialoges differ from what is spoken around the table, Trope used that phrase to signal when they are talking in MyDormverse, and when they are talking in the DND world.
Awesome, so it's just that that dude's gremlins fixated on something mine completely ignored. Thanks for the clarification/confirmations!

4.00 star(s) 118 Votes