Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 10] [CeLaVie Group]

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Fish_lip

Mar 21, 2022
correct me if Im wrong. but the whole patreon thing is based on donations, not pay per anything. so if this is correct, it means whoever use it has to make a free product, does not say it cannot be delayed but I think there is a thin line in missusing all this and patreon might be serious about this. missusing like "if you pay you have it for free 10y before anyone else. I know I exagerate but how is this free and donation only?
I don't think that's reflected in the Patreon terms of service ( ), or perhaps anywhere apart from in your head. I may be wrong though.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Here's my guess at what's going on: CLVG worked hard to stomp out the leaking, and that worked and there are no more leakers. The second step is to stretch the time between supporters and free users, which is going on now. More people will pay the $1, a token amount, as they get frustrated at the wait. The third step will be to increase the cost of being a supporter. Sounds like a good business plan and I wish them luck at it.

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
Here's my guess at what's going on: CLVG worked hard to stomp out the leaking, and that worked and there are no more leakers. The second step is to stretch the time between supporters and free users, which is going on now. More people will pay the $1, a token amount, as they get frustrated at the wait. The third step will be to increase the cost of being a supporter. Sounds like a good business plan and I wish them luck at it.
or cause people to stop playing (and a certain gaming site hosts the free version and they could possibly stop) but i dont mind the wait i have other games i can play while i wait

Serj_SSB91

Oct 19, 2018
Ha ha ha, worked hard to cross the leaks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well, well...
If you blackmail subscribers, it's working hard. :geek:
Then the developer needs to be awarded a medal. (y)
And for subscribers, a token of suckers! :poop:
I wrote how he identifies them.
I wrote how to avoid this.
But fools cannot be convinced.
You can’t leak the game, an angry CeLaVie uncle will come and kick your ass. :devilish:
No logical thinking... :cautious:
It's a pity. :(

• Haha
Reactions: LegendBear

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Ha ha ha, worked hard to cross the leaks. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Well, well...
If you blackmail subscribers, it's working hard. :geek:
Then the developer needs to be awarded a medal. (y)
And for subscribers, a token of suckers! :poop:
I wrote how he identifies them.
I wrote how to avoid this.
But fools cannot be convinced.
You can’t leak the game, an angry CeLaVie uncle will come and kick your ass. :devilish:
No logical thinking... :cautious:
It's a pity. :(
You wrote how he might identify them. But, since your revelation, no one has followed your advice on how to leak in an undetectable fashion. So, maybe you were wrong. Have you found any evidence whatsoever to back up your hypothesis? If you had some evidence, perhaps someone would believe you and try to leak.

Reactions: 87Gamer

Serj_SSB91

Oct 19, 2018
You wrote how he might identify them. But, since your revelation, no one has followed your advice on how to leak in an undetectable fashion. So, maybe you were wrong. Have you found any evidence whatsoever to back up your hypothesis? If you had some evidence, perhaps someone would believe you and try to leak.
He does not release versions for each one individually.
It's long, expensive and the Mega cloud is not rubbery.
Because of 1 dollar, keep a separate version for the subscriber.
The cost exceeds the income from it.
And there is no ID.
The game is uploaded to the cloud, one version.
There is a key generator.
Each subscriber is given a link to the game, with a unique key.
If you leave this link here, it will use this key to determine who leaked the game.
Everything is based on a unique key.
If there is no key, the chain is broken.
I wrote, give me the game, I'll dig up the scripts and the game code.
If I find an ID, I'll let you know.
And I will close all my theses.
But I know I'm right.
And CeLaVie knows this, so he participated here and writes everywhere not to leak the game.
And they don't try to do as I said, because they are afraid.
He scared them. Fear is a great power!

• Haha
Reactions: LegendBear

huh_sq

Apr 16, 2024
I am honestly curious how the developer individualizes the game copies. If a few subscribers cooperated, we could test Serj's hypothesis that the files are identical.

An easy way to determine, whether two files are identical is to calculate their SHA-256 Checksum. If two files are identical, their checksums will be identical. But if the files differ only slightly, their checksums will be completely different.

We would need a few subscribers to share
  • their subscriber level
  • game version
  • approximate time of download
  • checksum of their downloaded file
In Windows you can calculate the checksum in PowerShell with the command 'Get-fileHash <path to file>'.

E.g. for the current public version (Myearlylife-10.02-win.zip) it would be:
  • subscriber level: no subscription
  • game version: 10.02 (windows)
  • time of download: June 30th
  • SHA-256: 753F3FF746B7088471E36DDD168D7DE8C933A6465B95FB85DD9098D831DCE6F3
If you don't want to share any information in this thread, you can send it via dm and I'll share my findings later.

Reactions: Serj_SSB91

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
You create all this drama only because you have to wait a bit longer for the free Version?
Doing speculation even assumption that this was done for greed or ill will?

This is nothing short of slander and lies.
Ofc. always coming from the same both persons:

Serj_SSB91 & gopherino
A normal forum would had banned you both months ago. Be happy that I don`t belong to the mod Team here...

Anyways I know you guys are just in here for your own fun and trolling, so I won`t waste more energy on you...
I rather provide the community with a thing or two to think about...

In the latest Ep. the "old" main location got "replaced". why? because it`s part of the main story/highlight.
So ofc. there is a natural need to create a complete new main location, which takes time and effort.

If you have played the latest Ep. to the very end, you all should know and realize what I`m talking about.
It`s sad to see that an extra effort from the Dev. got turned into something bad.
Bad people try even to make this look bad.

Thankfully the rest is smart enough to make their own conclusion...

GamerDaddy

Feb 6, 2023
You create all this drama only because you have to wait a bit longer for the free Version?
Doing speculation even assumption that this was done for greed or ill will?

This is nothing short of slander and lies.
Ofc. always coming from the same both persons:

Serj_SSB91 & gopherino
A normal forum would had banned you both months ago. Be happy that I don`t belong to the mod Team here...

Anyways I know you guys are just in here for your own fun and trolling, so I won`t waste more energy on you...
I rather provide the community with a thing or two to think about...

In the latest Ep. the "old" main location got "replaced". why? because it`s part of the main story/highlight.
So ofc. there is a natural need to create a complete new main location, which takes time and effort.

If you have played the latest Ep. to the very end, you all should know and realize what I`m talking about.
It`s sad to see that an extra effort from the Dev. got turned into something bad.
Bad people try even to make this look bad.

Thankfully the rest is smart enough to make their own conclusion...
quite a few of us havent played 11 and dont know what happened (but im sure that spoilery post is still here)

huh_sq

Apr 16, 2024
I went to this thread, because I play the free version of this game and the episode would have been due today. I wanted to see, why that is.

From what I have read, dev gave two reasons for it:
  1. There's bugs that need fixing before releasing the public (final) version episode 11
  2. Subscribers had to wait for the latest episode longer, so the free version gets also delayed
I see the point of reason #1. People will probably play the public version first before they decide to subscribe to their patreon and get access to the newest episode. If the public version has bugs that impact the gameplay negatively, you'll want to fix them in order to get more future subscribers.

Reason #2 on the other hand is just weird imo. The longer wait for subscribers was between episodes 11 and 12, not between episodes 10 and 11.
Gold members got episode 10 on April 10th and episode 11 on May 10th. Subscribers had to wait on episode 11 for 30 days. The public version of episode 10 was released on May 30th. If non-subscribers had to wait the same time as subscribers, the public version of episode 11 would have been released on June 30th as planned.
With the change of the release schedule, non-subscribers will have a long wait between episodes 10 and 11, but a shorter wait between episodes 11 and 12.

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
I am honestly curious how the developer individualizes the game copies. If a few subscribers cooperated, we could test Serj's hypothesis that the files are identical.

An easy way to determine, whether two files are identical is to calculate their SHA-256 Checksum. If two files are identical, their checksums will be identical. But if the files differ only slightly, their checksums will be completely different.

We would need a few subscribers to share
  • their subscriber level
  • game version
  • approximate time of download
  • checksum of their downloaded file
In Windows you can calculate the checksum in PowerShell with the command 'Get-fileHash <path to file>'.

E.g. for the current public version (Myearlylife-10.02-win.zip) it would be:
  • subscriber level: no subscription
  • game version: 10.02 (windows)
  • time of download: June 30th
  • SHA-256: 753F3FF746B7088471E36DDD168D7DE8C933A6465B95FB85DD9098D831DCE6F3
If you don't want to share any information in this thread, you can send it via dm and I'll share my findings later.
Would your method catch ID's using steganography, i.e., change a few bits in one of the images? That's a pretty simple thing to do, takes a few seconds, and easy to read.

huh_sq

Apr 16, 2024
Would your method catch ID's using steganography, i.e., change a few bits in one of the images? That's a pretty simple thing to do, takes a few seconds, and easy to read.
Yes, absolutely. One of the common use cases for checksums is to to verify that a file has not been tempered with in any way. It's practically impossible to create two non-identical files that share the same SHA-256 value.

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes