Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 10] [CeLaVie Group]

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ever think of releasing the 10 different images after the game goes public?

Akram

Aug 26, 2016
well we're getting the game by Wednesday at the latest, celavie heard all the anger and disappointment by the free fans and agreed to release the public version of the game after a couple days for bugfixes.

ep 12 is its own client and game to keep size down and it makes sense cuz of the spoiler at end of episode 11, lots of images will be replaced for episode 12, so any talk of figuring out the protection should focus on ep 12, it might have a whole new system to figure out who the leak would be

huh_sq

Apr 16, 2024
yeah, so anyone willing to leak has to find the differencies, text or pictures and then delete them and hope he found all of them, and why?
It would make sense a subscriber who like the fun of it if the wait for free is too long or not free at all. but doing it for a week of wait for anonymous people does not make sense. that is also reason, them creators makes free copies in my opinion. to make it not fun to crack.
I just like to see, whether the leak protection is as the dev says and it'd be a fun little challenge to find the different images.

Edit:
Since it sounded like fun and I wanted to see how difficult it really is (didn't do any programming in a while), I made a small program that can go through two folders (e.g. two /game folders of two copies of MEL) and list all differences.

I don't have access to different downloads from the same batch (e.g. two copies from different Silver subscribers), but in this thread you can download both version 10.01 (which got leaked?) and 10.02 (free version from Patreon). At least the images in both versions are 100% identical. Most/all of the rpyc files are different. Though, that is to be expected since I compared two different versions.

The comparison of those two versions in itself doesn't say much. I have no idea, how renpy works and how the rpyc files get compiled.

I'd need two different copies of the game from the same tier to get any information, whether / how copies are individualized.

Last edited:

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Dear all
First of all
I'm really thrilled to see how much some of you are keen to play episode 11.
I guess that your - let's call it 'aggresive factor' :) is similar if the game has bugs.
Anyhow - I have decided to let episode 11 goes public no later than Wednesday. Please give me 2 days to fix some known bugs.
For you who are planning to break my protection - let me help you a bit.
I have 10 images in each episode that are different - so for 2 episodes I have enough combinations for all my supporters.
Now it's your turn to find out which images that are differents so you have to compare at least 3.000 imagesto find al the images and decide which ones that has to pass.
Which you happy searching ...but maybe it's easier to pay USD 1.00 and be a true supporter or just wait some days.
For your information ...out of USD 1.00 from supporters I only get USD 0,55 due to transaction fees at Patreon. With ex 20 new supporters I earn USD 11.00. I only have USD 1.00 tier so all is able to be a supporter.
Dear Mr. CLVG:
I don't believe you. You say you are solving the two-pirate problem in a simplistic way, that is easy to beat. It would be easy to write a little python code to find the 10 different images and blur the ID on them. Here's what I guess you are doing (which would work and couldn't be beaten): Pick 1000 images to encode. For each subscriber pick N of them and modify the images with some idenfifying code. Then if two pirates both get copies, one has N images with mods, the other has N different images with mods, and if they collaborate, they deduce they have found the 2N images you are using to encode. So they blur these 2N codes in the images and leak the result. But the choice of the 2 x N image sets also serves to identify the two pirates and you can castigate them, ban them, or do whatever else you are able to do as punishment for leaking.
This leaves you with only the FalseID leaker problem, which you are likely relying on Patreon and the other frontguys to solve for you. All they have to do is make forming a FalseID too hard for the usual gamer.
So this is how you eliminated the leakage, right?
BTW, why are you bothering, as no other devs seem to care about this?
Thanks for you attention,
G

Last edited:

sava000

May 23, 2021
Dear all
First of all
I guess that your - let's call it 'aggresive factor' :) is similar if the game has bugs.
Anyhow - I have decided to let episode 11 goes public no later than Wednesday. Please give me 2 days to fix some known bugs.
I have 10 images in each episode that are different - so for 2 episodes I have enough combinations for all my supporters.
Now it's your turn to find out which images that are differents so you have to compare at least 3.000 imagesto find al the images and decide which ones that has to pass.
Which you happy searching ...but maybe it's easier to pay USD 1.00 and be a true supporter or just wait some days.
For your information ...out of USD 1.00 from supporters I only get USD 0,55 due to transaction fees at Patreon. With ex 20 new supporters I earn USD 11.00. I only have USD 1.00 tier so all is able to be a supporter.
No, not everyone can pay! I am ready to pay, but due to circumstances, I do not have such an opportunity, even though I have money

Reactions: shynos and denen

Fuksara

May 28, 2017
Dear all
First of all
Thanks Celaviegroup for releasing.
Also, challenge accepted to find the images.
Pirates assemble and search :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: RustyV
3.30 star(s) 38 Votes