Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 11] [CeLaVie Group]

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Actually it's not directly stated, and I can't. I need a direct statement as to whether it's possible to make the arguments and quotations go away.
Actually it's not directly stated, and I can't. I need a direct statement as to whether it's possible to make the arguments and quotations go away.
I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean, but our MC is not in family with the girls. Our MC decided to call them 'sisters' because they live together like siblings. In fact I tried to make a small funny issue where the girls deny to be his siblings but when he try to have sex with them they use it as an excuse for not having sex...because they are siblings. That's why I use the quota. I hope I have clarified it.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Nobody is "destroying" your game. Worst case scenario is just a reduction on the number your paying supporters - less cash for you.

But again, I don't think your supporters are paying for the early release - in other words for the "privilege" of being the alpha testers of your.. ok, let's call this, game - I think they simply like your work and want to see the end of the story. In this case, your income will remain consistent as long as you provide them with regular updates and the whatever else you promised them in terms of content.

I am not to getting a side in this, content leaking story, in fact I don't care at all about that, it's your dramatic attitude that made me replying to your post.
Honestly - I have made these games for almost 5 years now and I have gained a huge experience about my supporters' behaviour. Here are some facts - 30 % of my supporters are in general recurring supporters. In other words 70 % sign up when a new episode is ready for the Tier they want to support. If they can get it for free they do not sign up. If I only had 30 % of the support I have today I'll stop immediately making these games as it will not be worth spending all my time on this. If you have a job and you suddenly get a 30 % salary only, I'm sure you'll find another job.
Next reason why I try to protect my games is my supporters' reaction when they have signed up and realize that the game can be downloaded for free. Many of my supporters really get annoyed and they even blame me ... and I fully understand them.
I hope that I have clarified how I see it from a devs point of view.

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
I would be really concerned having such a fickle supporter base. 70% of your customers leaving your business on a monthly basis means a very uncertain income for someone making a living out of this.
You may want to reconsider the whole Patreon thing, altogether... or...
...find ways to insure the loyalty of your supporters and increase the attractiveness of your work. How? That's up to you, I'm afraid...

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I would be really concerned having such a fickle supporter base. 70% of your customers leaving your business on a monthly basis means a very uncertain income for someone making a living out of this.
You may want to reconsider the whole Patreon thing, altogether... or...
...find ways to insure the loyalty of your supporters and increase the attractiveness of your work. How? That's up to you, I'm afraid...
Sorry I have to correct myself - it's not the number of supporters but the income from supporters. For me it's okay and I don't think it's different for other devs on other platforms as well. Charity is something else.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I'm not sure I know exactly what you mean, but our MC is not in family with the girls. Our MC decided to call them 'sisters' because they live together like siblings. In fact I tried to make a small funny issue where the girls deny to be his siblings but when he try to have sex with them they use it as an excuse for not having sex...because they are siblings. That's why I use the quota. I hope I have clarified it.
You have. The game is fraudulently using the incest tag. I'll move along now.

• Haha
Reactions: Kytolo Braven

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Of cooooourse... and by the way - the program can continue to be used free of charge after the end of the trial period.
Just to clarify - I'm not against anybody playing a leaked version. I'm only complaining the leaker. However when free players starts to complain to me about a leaked version I get quite annoyed as I have no influence on that at all.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
Kinda funny to see how people flame, and expre
You have. The game is fraudulently using the incest tag. I'll move along now.
Wincest is actually not only about Blood relatives, it can also included those related to affinity - including marriage or stepfamily.

- The more you know^^

ischyros

Oct 4, 2017
I am actually ashamed to be part of this forum for the complaining people who dont even pay for anything. I didnt neither, but I wont complain and cry, and funny enough, close to some leaked version anticipation date. Sure the games would need some polish. But just imagine what money get that cockie guy for his summer time game. Not even an update for a year at that. I mean, with that money you can pay big team and have updates monthly easy. But no you complain to guy who makes ton of work for much less. And he even response to you people. You should praise him actually.

Wentyliasz

Feb 9, 2019
But just imagine what money get that cockie guy for his summer time game. Not even an update for a year at that. I mean, with that money you can pay big team and have updates monthly easy. But no you complain to guy who makes ton of work for much less. And he even response to you people. You should praise him actually.
This. Can't even count how many devs drop updates once in a blue moon with minimal contact or go MIA without a word (still salty about Naked Holidays). For as long as I follow this game the dev missed his window once, and cried his heart out about this on patreon, and somehow bent time and space to still get the next ep on track. Dunno if quality didn't took a hit, can't shil for a diamond membership but that's still impressive. So please guys, either share some constructive ideas or STFU

Xenix22

Oct 25, 2017
Just for your info - I'm not in charge of various tags added to this thread
Regardless of whether Bob is related to the girls, the girls are still definitely related to each other and are doing sexual things with each other. So any related (blood, step or adopted) characters doing things together still results in a game getting that tag (and potentially being a gamble being on Patreon... Although off the top of my head I'm not sure if anyone has gotten suspended/banned for only sister on sister content rule violations?)

Last edited:

eqjyeqjy

May 29, 2020
Honestly - I have made these games for almost 5 years now and I have gained a huge experience about my supporters' behaviour.
I'm curious about this - If you released the Full game only, once it was complete, what would you charge for the game?
I support you on patreon, for episode 4 I subscribed to the gold tier, and then dropped back down to a lower tier. The cost was comparable to what I'd expect to pay for a 'complete' game. Paying the full price of a steam game every month for an episode doesn't seem sustainable for a casual player. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but for my curiosity, is it common for subscribers to continue supporting at high tiers or to change their subscription amount for certain releases?

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Regardless of whether Bob is related to the girls, the girls are still definitely related to each other and are doing sexual things with each other. So any related (blood, step or adopted) characters doing things together still results in a game getting that tag (and potentially being a gamble being on Patreon... Although off the top of my head I'm not sure if anyone has gotten suspended/banned for only sister on sister content rule violations?)
If you have played some of my other games - you'll know that not everything is as it looks like.
I don't want to spoil anything but maybe you can guess why there should not be any incest tag on this game.

Reactions: BoobiesSugoi

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I'm curious about this - If you released the Full game only, once it was complete, what would you charge for the game?
I support you on patreon, for episode 4 I subscribed to the gold tier, and then dropped back down to a lower tier. The cost was comparable to what I'd expect to pay for a 'complete' game. Paying the full price of a steam game every month for an episode doesn't seem sustainable for a casual player. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but for my curiosity, is it common for subscribers to continue supporting at high tiers or to change their subscription amount for certain releases?
I have gold members that have been supporters since my first game.:love: They support me because they like the game and the work I do (I guess :) ). However most of the Gold members sign up and cancel their subscription immediately after and then come back when new episodes are available. That's why it's important for me to make sure the game is not leaked. If I only had the recurring members I couldn't afford to spend time and money on these games.

Pirate1

Sep 26, 2020
When are you going to release the public one? I'm tired of reading these nonesense comments all the time:mad::sleep:

• Angry
Reactions: cdmax
3.20 star(s) 41 Votes