Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 11] [CeLaVie Group]

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
Comments on MEL5

This episode has about as many bookmarks as the last two episodes, and is done with the unbeatable graphics that CLVG is known for. I went slow, took about 7 hours to finish, and enjoyed it all. In this episode there are at least three bookmarks that require 10 hits to score, and there is also one more action to be taken when there are no FC's present in a location; specifically, besides the cooking and laundry in the kitchen, the MC has to get his blanket from FC2's room when it is empty, specifically at 1100, as the dialog tells you.

There is a player's dilemma in that finished bookmarks do not go away, and so if you keep returning to their time and place, you will get repetition of the last actions for that bookmark. This is what some players call “grind”. You do have to do repetitions of hits on bookmarks requiring multiple hits, and you can tell the difference because the bookmark counter won't advance when more hits are required, and usually, the string of scenes gets longer. Some of the length changes are tricky to catch, however. Maybe it is best to keep an eye on the bookmark counter for every hit.

CLVG has introduced a sort of hints section where they show the events that have not been triggered, and the final location needed to trigger them. I played a second time using these hints to control the game, and the player experience is definitely much worse. And also, you can get near the end of the episode, with a few bookmarks left, and no hints to tell you the non-final time/place to go to trigger the current step of the bookmarks you missed. These hints are great if you go through the game normally, reading the dialog, and then if you wind up with a few missing bookmarks, you probably are near the final stage of them and don't have to try and guess what the missing middle steps were. Just my opinion.

There are no significant bugs in this episode, that I was able to notice, with just a few minor details like a second FC portrait where it doesn't belong. Makes no difference in the play.

This episode involves the grocery FC a tiny bit, but other than that there are no new FC's and no new sandbox locations. Corruption slowly continues, which is the signature of a CLVG game.

While I was playing, I was trying to notice what makes CLVG graphics better than virtually all other dev's. One, darkness is done well, so you can see everything you should; this is a technical illusion. Two, the backgrounds have incredible detail, including filmy curtains, water in the pool and from the waterguns, and semi-opaque glass. Three, the details of the FC's and other characters are really great, and clothing is modeled in a very realistic way, with hanging pieces fitting very well. Four, the kinetic positions of the FCs and MC are quite widely varied, and look like they were done with a great deal of attention. This might be the key element that makes CLVG games so much better looking. Five, the interaction of the FC's, in various positions, with furniture is done very well: no floating or gaps or any other flaws. Six, CLVG understands what makes a graphic sequence interesting, and uses that knowledge to make playing very enjoyable. Unbeatable.

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
Any hi end members here? What the heck do you do with the two little files..DAH Kick me in the ass and call me stupid but 50 bucks later and I'm sitting here twitteling my thumbs with nothing :oops:

LegendBear

Jul 9, 2018
Any hi end members here? What the heck do you do with the two little files..DAH Kick me in the ass and call me stupid but 50 bucks later and I'm sitting here twitteling my thumbs with nothing :oops:
I know that CeLaVieGroup has to generate your personal copy, so you might need to wait for that.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Lynn hottest character in this game world ever.

SirAuron20

May 11, 2017
i was a patreon for few months but i decided to stop unfortunately, paying almost 30$ a month to get the game 2 weeks after release didnt seem fair even though i really like the creators games and i played all of them the prices are a bit too steep in my opinion.

Reactions: denen and Stevescu

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019
Okay. I'll try to give a non spoiler review here. In my opinion ya all three girls really do love Big Bob....That's not what I call him :D ...even Lynn. I feel that she's holding a floodgate of emotions back with all those looks she gives him when he leaves a room. Ultimately when she finally does give into the old ERGENT URGE!! she may just kill him. Either with a big kitchen knife or just fuck him to death in the first frantic go around. I was always leery about this game because the girls looked way too young in the header but in the game it's totally different. I still can't get the last four bookmarks and the pics for it look great...DOH!!
Really liked it. So. Now. I have to sit here and fucking wait for the next one LOL I feel by the way this one ends that 7 will be pants tightening indeed :oops:

Last edited:

Alanray64

Jan 28, 2022
is there a particular play order in the released games if it possible? I have played one of them but seeing this one it appears to be the beginning of everything, so was just curious if I had to play through them, which would be the best way?

Thanks

LegendBear

Jul 9, 2018
is there a particular play order in the released games if it possible? I have played one of them but seeing this one it appears to be the beginning of everything, so was just curious if I had to play through them, which would be the best way?

Thanks
Order of release (I think) is Room For Rent, My Best Friend's Daughter S1, My First Love, MBFD S2, My Early Life. This one is kinda tough because I'm fairly sure My First Love came between the seasons of MBFD.

Chronological order is My Early Life, My First Love, MBFD, Room for Rent.

I don't think there's any true way of playing these games, some are good, some are not so good. Do whatever you feel like. If it helps at all, I'd say my ranking of the games would be:

My Early Life (Nearly perfect girls, best story, best graphics, best gameplay) > My First Love (Best girl, great story, best graphics) > MBFD (Worst girls, Good graphics, Awful grinding) > Room for Rent (All the girls look like store mannequins and I've never gone back to this game)

So if you wanted to go from worst to best or best to worse, you can also try that.

shynos

Jul 21, 2021
Will there be a real chance that chapter 6 will appear here before the end of the year???, I'm on tenterhooks with this game,
Greetings and congratulations on the new year to all

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The dev has to make money or why make his game.
I do this as a way to learn how to create a game, but if I continue (and find a place to host it) I'll eventually have a pay wall too."

Last edited:

cuteelf

Jul 30, 2018
maybe some victim will post again
Calling the potential sharers "victims" kinda diminishes the chance of them feeling the urge to actually share anything, just saying :ROFLMAO:

As for the devs having to make money, sure they do. And they will, provided they provide. Celaviegroup definitely does.

Reactions: Celaviegroup

Blackvoodoo

Feb 17, 2018
Since every copy contains a code and Bob can see who has made the game available and is then blocked, hardly anyone will dare to upload anything prematurely.

And I think that's right.

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Gosh! So many white knights on the pirate site. Your ridiculous attempts to shame those who share content are completely idiotic, because that's what F95 is all about. Better go polish your shining armor.

LegendBear

Jul 9, 2018

'My Early Life' Episode 1 -6 is now available for Master members

Dear all
Today all my Master Members have received their personal copy of episode 1-6 of 'My Early Life'
This is by far the largest update I ever have made. More than 2500 new high resolution images are implemented in this update.
More than 400 new subevents are added to this update.
If you're new Master member please be patient as I have to generate your personal copy before I can send it to you.
Wish you all a nice and safe day
Cheers
Bob
Image is from episode 6

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes