Ren'Py My Early Life [Ep. 11] [CeLaVie Group]

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes

gopherino

Dec 23, 2021
CLVG has announced a delay in issuing the next episode, 8. For them, this means a few days, not months like for many other devs. No big deal.

Players may not appreciate that CLVG games have an entirely different structure than any other games I know: "punctuated sandbox". It doesn't matter what path you take through an episode, you still have to get to the same, single endpoint to move to the next one. This is so much better than ordinary sandboxes, where the player doesn't know if he's finished everything or not, or is at a good point to break off, or whatever. I don't know if CLVG invented this or got it somewhere else, but it makes the game more challenging, more playable, and even interesting enough to play some episodes more than once. Like vintage wine, sometimes the second play is more fun than the first. You might remember the tricks you need to finish the episode, but you go through it in a completely different order.

shynos

Jul 21, 2021
Thanks for your feedback
I use 30 minutes timeslot - that is one of the reason why the game is huge and take long time to play. I have always intended to give my supporters as much as possible for the money they have chosen to spend on my games.
I'm listening to your suggestion. It has never been my intension to make it grindy. Of course I know that the game CAN be grindy - espeically if players just click around.
In order to avoid grind I recommend players to follow the event list with hints. I'm doing my utmost to improve the hint list so only bookmarks with progress is mentioned but for now it's a bit tough.
Cheers
Bob

Thank you for your attention and response Bob, Thank you for understanding.

Jan 17, 2021
Stuck on Episode 3, with the last three events:
10:00 in the kitchen
12:00 at the pool
13:00 in the boutique
All three (I think) are Eve related.
Please help and thank you!
i'm stuck at 12:00 at the pool and 13:00 in the boutique episode 3 as well. anyone offer a hint?

jjoron95

Jun 7, 2017
3 days stuck for completion of "09:30 in Eve's Room" .. help appreciated
Followed this :
7:00 Lynn's room Event 43
7:30 Eve's room Event 44
8:00 Eve's room Event 45
8:30 Eve's room Event 46
9:00 Eve's room Event 47
9:30 Eve's room Event 48

Still it didnt work
i can't trigger the event 47 and 48

• Haha
Reactions: yrban7477

LegendBear

Jul 9, 2018
1708215119441.png

Status for 'My Early Life' episode 8

Dear all
Hereby update on episode 8.
Doing the last 1 ½ week I've been struggling with the code. It has taken significant longer time than expected and the internal test is not finished yet.
It's my plan to send the game to my alpha team on Tuesday net week latest.
I must admit that it really takes time to make a game at this size as this is again the largest update I ever have made.

Episode 8 includes no less than 2.200 new images - more than 30 animations and more than 100 bookmarks.
Episode 8 will also include a new level of hint system so you no longer need a WT to play the game. You can also keep their arousal at high level - simply by texting them when they are in school The new episode will also include many new features as well.
Wish you all a very nice weekend and sorry for not having episode 8 ready yet.
Cheers
Bob

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
i'm stuck here as well, anyone figure out how to trigger this?
I might be wrong, but I think you need to go to the café and take photos of Eve at 20:00,
The next day @ 20:00 go to Bob's Rm and enter the photos into the laptop (Eve will come into your Rm)
will need to repeat this a few times.

yudea256

Jul 9, 2021
CHAPTER 7 73/77, i know that 19:00 and 20:00 is the last event for the end episode but how i can activate the others? i have every time the message Cant' be motivado yet, but idk how to activate that.
7d2f3d1fa0c03c6c50be72986192e263.png
I solved it. thx anyway

homeisolator

May 7, 2020
Can someone help, I am stuck at Bookmark 76/82 on Episode 2 "losing the will to live", according to the log I am still missing out on; 07:00 Bob's Room, (Nothing happens), 08:50 Bathroom again, (nothing going on), 09:30 Kitchen (same) 16:00 Bathroom Nothing, 19:30 Claire's Room and 21:00 Claire's room I tried jumping into Episode 3 but without doing anything I have pissed off them all? Any hints I seem to be going round in circles, there's a slow game play then there's this.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
Can someone help, I am stuck at Bookmark 76/82 on Episode 2 "losing the will to live", according to the log I am still missing out on; 07:00 Bob's Room, (Nothing happens), 08:50 Bathroom again, (nothing going on), 09:30 Kitchen (same) 16:00 Bathroom Nothing, 19:30 Claire's Room and 21:00 Claire's room I tried jumping into Episode 3 but without doing anything I have pissed off them all? Any hints I seem to be going round in circles, there's a slow game play then there's this.
I can provide you some general hints on the game...

Some events can only be triggered during weekdays, other only during the weekend.

Some events need to be triggered many times in Room for Rent this was x3 times but for My early live this has been increased a lot for some (not many) specific scenes. So be patient and try simply up to x10 times to be sure.
Some scene need a specific event to trigger first to progress further, so if you have checked one event to the max try next and repeat.

Going into more specific regarding your missing bookmarks:
a "07:00 Bob`s Room" bookmark could (not always) be related to the night before you might shift focus on the last hours of the day before.

Last hint,if you can`t progress further at all, forget about the hints, and just play the game blind, and keep an eye open for any location, there are many and some don`t play a role in every episode but some actually do.

Anyways, what helped me the most after "feeling stuck" is let the game rest for a day and come back fresh after a short break.
Try a different game, meanwhile, this will "reload" your stress tolerance for those kind of puzzle games =)

Patience is key...

GL!

Reactions: vedado and oopsalot

Cream

Sep 18, 2016
Thanks, and they are amazing . I'm not asking to try and rip them off, but they are inspiring and I'm a newb wanting to try my hand at modeling. I meant more like, what are you using to build them? It's not Daz. But I can't tell what it is. Would you be willing to point me in a direction?

3.20 star(s) 41 Votes