VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Father's New Family [v0.05] [OnlyGoodGames]

1.70 star(s) 7 Votes
May 27, 2017
That's not an issue with the game. That problem comes from your perspective. If this was the first game you played with that setup it wouldn't be "old", right? You can't fault devs for your choice of games to play.
The fact of my comment still remains the same, dead/cucked father is the biggest trope in the AVN market, even among non-Incest VNs it's quite common. You're talking like as if this game is the first ever AVN created, and that it's not entering into an oversaturated market, rife with overdone tropes.

I can't fault any dev for the choice of games I play, but I can and am faulting this one for their unoriginal foray into a pre-existing market with a pre-established player-base. Being a new game by a new developer doesn't discount this from being compared to other games/genres that populate this site. When you're venturing into a market, you gotta know the audience, and you have to know the competition, acknowledging neither of them will just result in your own downfall.

Having a unique selling point gives you an edge against the competition; if you think "potential new players" is an excuse to make hackneyed incest narratives, then you're sorely disillusioned, and only encouraging the dev to seek failure, both critically and financially. And let's be real, even if I was new to this site, why would I play some new, barebones and frankly ugly looking VN, when there are better looking and more popular options available?

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
What's wrong with dads participating in the fun, too? :unsure: :coffee:
absolutely nothing. but although there's a million of you guys complaining about dead dads in comments, none of you seem to play those games so they never succeed.

where as even the shittiest game with mom/son and dead dad always instantly gains huge interest. I mean we've seen games with horrible models, engrish or google translate from russian, grainy renders with camera headlight ON, and STILL crazy number of people keep coming back to see the big ass mom every time.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
The plot itself doesn't bother me much, it's not new but everyone comes at things a little differently so it was worth checking out and seeing how this developer came at it.

The answer... badly.

The models aren't terrible, they are reflective of a less idealized model, but a bigger problem is the cameras used when rendering, the fish eye effect on some of them is particularly distracting.

The English language usage comes across as both a non-English speaker using bad translation software and someone with little or no real life experience resulting in storytelling that is truly cringeworthy.

This one's coming right back off my hard drive and I'll wish you all a great time if you can get through it without it giving you a headache.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
absolutely nothing. but although there's a million of you guys complaining about dead dads in comments, none of you seem to play those games so they never succeed.

where as even the shittiest game with mom/son and dead dad always instantly gains huge interest. I mean we've seen games with horrible models, engrish or google translate from russian, grainy renders with camera headlight ON, and STILL crazy number of people keep coming back to see the big ass mom every time.
I dunno about others but i don't mind dads in games, and play them.
I even have a favorite.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There is one on hold game around here where the dad moves in with his new fiancee and takes son with:
There is another game in production around here with the same set up.
There are any number of ways story can go from there. This game has a lot to live up to.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
The plot is a mess, i gave up trying to understand when the "psyco" step sister that fucked all her step families members so far came into play so she could "save" her mother that is a cheater/whore but at the same time isn't. :WaitWhat:

Am i that high or the story actually is hard to understand?

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Too many inconsistencies in the plot. When mc interacting with the sisters, there is choices to ask for lewd things but the sisters won't go for it. But when a sister's friend ask the mc for sex, he won't do it. Wtf?

Reactions: TheDick69+
1.70 star(s) 7 Votes