How would you like the game to progress?

• Keep going as Visual Novel with some choices and linear story

Votes: 1,699 65.1%
  • Branch to sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements at certain point

Votes: 910 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
wait so you can no longer set your custom name and is fixed as Alex like permanently? :(
Hmm. If it was like that from the start, I'd defend it from an artistic standpoint and say that it's honestly pretty ridiculous that people just expect a customizable protagonist name to be the standard in literally every game (except games with female protagonists, which demonstrates the double standard). However, I can see it being an issue that the option simply got removed in an update after having already been there for a while.

That being said, I do recall some moments in the dialogue that wouldn't work well with a custom name, and are likely to crop up somewhat often in a game about hypnosis. Namely when a hypnotized character would mutter part of Alex's name, which got confusing if your name wasn't Alex. If you named your character Dookienuts, it'd be pretty tough to set the game up to dynamically have a character say, "I love... D... Doo... kie..." (Edit: And wouldn't you know it, a line like that shows up in this latest update.)

...I'm still seeing my custom name show up as the speaker when using my old save, though. I guess that's an oversight. I noticed that after noticing that one of the lines in Helen's hypnosis is missing the name despite not being narration. (Specifically, the "breathing increases your pleasure" part.)

One last issue to report: In the replay menu, when choosing the MC option (who should probably just be called Alex here as well if it's not gonna be custom anymore), the full list of scenes trails off the top of the screen. Since you can't scroll, this should be separated into two pages.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
If you named your character Dookienuts, it'd be pretty tough to set the game up to dynamically have a character say, "I love... D... Doo... kie..."
As someone who codes in python on the daily, this is actually not that hard to pull off, at least in python (renpy could be wildly different but I'd be pretty surprised). Assign playername as a variable and then in the dialogues call chunks of that variable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irizin and forgotp

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
I haven't played in a long time. Can anyone spoiler me and let me know if any progress has occurred with the ladies?

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
Gentlemen, I am very sorry for not fulfilling my promise and I love you all. Just updated the game. Was extremely distracted by my main line of work. Sorry to have dropped the ball on my promise
i hope the next game you will make could have some sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements just so it has some from of gameplay

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Hmm. If it was like that from the start, I'd defend it from an artistic standpoint and say that it's honestly pretty ridiculous that people just expect a customizable protagonist name to be the standard in literally every game (except games with female protagonists, which demonstrates the double standard). However, I can see it being an issue that the option simply got removed in an update after having already been there for a while.

That being said, I do recall some moments in the dialogue that wouldn't work well with a custom name, and are likely to crop up somewhat often in a game about hypnosis. Namely when a hypnotized character would mutter part of Alex's name, which got confusing if your name wasn't Alex. If you named your character Dookienuts, it'd be pretty tough to set the game up to dynamically have a character say, "I love... D... Doo... kie..." (Edit: And wouldn't you know it, a line like that shows up in this latest update.)

...I'm still seeing my custom name show up as the speaker when using my old save, though. I guess that's an oversight. I noticed that after noticing that one of the lines in Helen's hypnosis is missing the name despite not being narration. (Specifically, the "breathing increases your pleasure" part.)

One last issue to report: In the replay menu, when choosing the MC option (who should probably just be called Alex here as well if it's not gonna be custom anymore), the full list of scenes trails off the top of the screen. Since you can't scroll, this should be separated into two pages.

Thank you, will fix the issue with both naming in saves and the gallery issues. Appreciate you noticing.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
i hope the next game you will make could have some sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements just so it has some from of gameplay
This is highly unlikely now. The votes of people on this forum and the votes of patrons have all aligned in same direction. This is a multiple choice visual novel. No stats, no RPG, no sandbox. Sorry to dissapoint.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
any custom name mod? default name doesn't really feel right..
One of the Patrons is considering making a patch. But I am out of custom name game, tired of it, doesn't match my vision. So unofficial mod is possible, but main character has a name and I'll clean up any remaining bugs as soon as I can so there are no remains of custom name in future versions.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
I haven't played in a long time. Can anyone spoiler me and let me know if any progress has occurred with the ladies?
Since Patrons have choosen slower corruption, in the first 6 game days he just dreams about them, in the day 7 he starts molesting them, but doesn't penetrate them yet. Day 7 has just been released in this update incompletely and will be released completely in a couple of weeks, including a scene where he molest his hypnotized mom

Reactions: mickster101

Irizin

Mar 17, 2018
Unfortunately, a lack of custom names does run into its own issues. For instance, my brother is named Alex, making this game now unplayable for me. Feels way too weird.

Thanks for the game to this point, despite it no longer being for me I hope it all goes well for you.

Reactions: mofonistik

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
This is highly unlikely now. The votes of people on this forum and the votes of patrons have all aligned in same direction. This is a multiple choice visual novel. No stats, no RPG, no sandbox. Sorry to dissapoint.
sure and thats fair but the problem with multiple choice visual novel is if there is far between the choices then it gets really boring really fasted cos i like being in control and make choices and turn into visual novel for me with choices but it need alot of choices so i feel like i have choose in the game and not just reading a book i hope you undstand

thats my problem with most Visual Novel is lack gameplay or something to make feel you are part of it

Last edited:

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
sure and thats fair but the problem with multiple choice visual novel is if there is far between the choices then it gets really boring really fasted cos i like being in control and make choices and turn into visual novel for me with choices but it need alot of choices so i feel like i have choose in the game and not just reading a book i hope you undstand

thats my problem with most Visual Novel is lack gameplay or something to make feel you are part of it
I understand that totally. And there are great examples of sandbox games on this site. Sandbox would be easier for me, since I do code, while other people write and draw the scenes, and sandbox is heavier on the code and lighter drawing and writing, since a lot of scenes are repeated. But the choice is made for this game already and changing genre in the middle just doesn't make any sense

• Red Heart
Reactions: therealmrwolf

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
Unfortunately, a lack of custom names does run into its own issues. For instance, my brother is named Alex, making this game now unplayable for me. Feels way too weird.

Thanks for the game to this point, despite it no longer being for me I hope it all goes well for you.
You are very welcome and you make a fair point. Sorry to make your experience of the game worse. But I completely realized it's an actual character with actual name. In the beginning you could also custom name the girls. I changed that and could finally talk about them on the discord and the updates as Lucy and Helen, then Older Sis and Younger Sis and all that. It's just feels more alive.

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
I understand that totally. And there are great examples of sandbox games on this site. Sandbox would be easier for me, since I do code, while other people write and draw the scenes, and sandbox is heavier on the code and lighter drawing and writing, since a lot of scenes are repeated. But the choice is made for this game already and changing genre in the middle just doesn't make any sense
oh i would never ask a dev to change their whole game also it dose not have to be sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements it could just be more choices so again the player feel their part of it and kind a make fit for them also thats why i said the next game you make i never meant as this game but new game and again it dose not have to be sandbox or rpg it could just be alot of choice for player but i get alot of people dont like sandbox

Belgrath19

Oct 28, 2018
I see the vote shows people would like to read and not play a games. :(
To many years people have been entertained by TV and now streaming services and left them brain dead.
Now Tiktok makes people depressed, short form video's shortens people attention span.

Last edited:

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
To many years people have been entertained by TV and now streaming services and left them brain dead.
Now Tiktok makes people depressed, short form video's shortens people attention span.
Note that this is specifically marked as a VN. Generally, items not marked as a VN will provide more of a game experience.

Also - the more paths the dev makes, the slower the "game" generally progresses. Even if the choices are trivial (the outfits the women are wearing), there's additional time spent on renders. If there are actual multiple paths that result in distinct events and outcomes, then there's additional writing and renders involved. A game with four paths might take the dev three months to get through a day for one path. People only interested in one path would effectively get three months' worth of the dev's development a year, making progress seem slow. Which can lead to lower support, less money for the dev, less time being dedicated to development, actual slower progress, circling down to abandonment.

Reactions: The Naughty Three

therealmrwolf

Dec 28, 2020
Note that this is specifically marked as a VN. Generally, items not marked as a VN will provide more of a game experience.

Also - the more paths the dev makes, the slower the "game" generally progresses. Even if the choices are trivial (the outfits the women are wearing), there's additional time spent on renders. If there are actual multiple paths that result in distinct events and outcomes, then there's additional writing and renders involved. A game with four paths might take the dev three months to get through a day for one path. People only interested in one path would effectively get three months' worth of the dev's development a year, making progress seem slow. Which can lead to lower support, less money for the dev, less time being dedicated to development, actual slower progress, circling down to abandonment.
but again do people just want read a story or be part of the story and choices so story fit for them also if the dev put something into the game and make worth waiting then i dont think they lose money or support

forgotp

Nov 4, 2019
I like sandboxes too but they need to be done well, and to be fair this game does have choices so thats a little more interactivity than a kinetic novel, those are just movies with carpel tunnel

Reactions: therealmrwolf
3.30 star(s) 10 Votes