How would you like the game to progress?

• Keep going as Visual Novel with some choices and linear story

Votes: 1,699 65.1%
  • Branch to sandbox with map, stats and RPG elements at certain point

Votes: 910 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brata

May 16, 2017
are there any scenes with milf (penetration or bj?) or only teasing?

Makeshift

Nov 16, 2017
Really excited about this project. Regarding the artwork, I enjoy its current form over the alternate version posted earlier in this thread. There are some poses that feel a bit rigid but overall the art is unique and has its own charm. Best of luck Naughty Three, this game has great potential that I hope is realized.

Reactions: The Naughty Three

Vrijgeest

Engaged Member
Jun 16, 2019
IT IS A SANDBOX! Please include the proper tag then people like me wont waste our time on it.

You even ran a survey but ignored the results which is pretty standard. Almost always 2 to 1 against sandboxes. Dont you wonder why? Because they are boring but for devs they are an easy way out. People like a good story not endless repeating but these days good story tellers are a rarity, nevermind.

The Naughty Three

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2022
IT IS A SANDBOX! Please include the proper tag then people like me wont waste our time on it.

You even ran a survey but ignored the results which is pretty standard. Almost always 2 to 1 against sandboxes. Dont you wonder why? Because they are boring but for devs they are an easy way out. People like a good story not endless repeating but these days good story tellers are a rarity, nevermind.
Sorry, but it is NOT a sandbox game, it's a linear visual novel.

There is only few moments where the mc walks freely for three-four screens on day 0 to look at the house and even then he can only go to his room and has no further options (which was made before the survey was published) , otherwise story is linear, no stats, no variables, no repeatable events, no town maps.

There is some choices to be made, since it's a visual novel, not kinetic one, but that's exactly what people voted for mostly: linear visual novel with some choices that impact the story.

Also there is already 17,000 words of linear story even though it's only second major update.

Could you clarify as to why you think the game is a sandbox game?

Perhaps, there is misunderstanding of some sort?

Last edited:

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
New update seems to be broken:

Nevermind, it was URM causing the issue. Carry on.

Last edited:

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Sorry, but it is NOT a sandbox game, it's a linear visual novel.

There is only few moments where the mc walks freely for three-four screens on day 0 to look at the house and even then he can only go to his room and has no further options (which was made before the survey was published) , otherwise story is linear, no stats, no variables, no repeatable events, no town maps.
To that point I agree with you, having room-to-room navigation does not make this game a sandbox, you need to have multiple paths of progress and usually additional mechanics like time of day, money, inventory systems, etc to really make it a sandbox.

However I would ask you why even include the navigation at all. In what way do you believe this is helping the narrative and the gameplay, in contrast to just padding the gameplay with a mechanic that doesn't achieve much? Do you intend to add more to these sequences in the future, or is it really just a way to take the player from room A to B? Because if that's the case, I would suggest that perhaps the game would be better without those sequences at all. Just directly transition the player to the next sequence once one is done, I don't think anyone would have issues understanding the geography of the scene.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
New update seems to be broken:

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/0x52/classes/settings.rpy", line 45: invalid syntax
                except Exception, e:
                                 ^

File "game/0x52/framework/API.rpy", line 95: invalid syntax
                    except Exception, e:
                                     ^