Ren'Py Abandoned My Life Is Good: Academy [v0.02.7] [BOXgurih]

1.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Simplicity and consistency are what my these games successful. So I fukin hate when dev tries to act smart when making these piles of shit
I'm confused by your statement, what do you mean?

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Unknown if NTR is avoidable as the game literally has no content and the dev isnt answering peoples questions. Half the choices are work in progress. Idk how this game has 3 releases already, it plays for like 15min. Feels unfair to say if its a bad game or not since there is nothing there. Its like watching the first episode of a new tv show but instead of the studio airing the first episode, they give you 3 minutes lol.

Dev should have really waited to do his first release. Now it has its first review and its 1 star. People are going to see that and skip the game.

Heff_Wulf

Sep 30, 2017
Unknown if NTR is avoidable as the game literally has no content and the dev isnt answering peoples questions. Half the choices are work in progress. Idk how this game has 3 releases already, it plays for like 15min. Feels unfair to say if its a bad game or not since there is nothing there. Its like watching the first episode of a new tv show but instead of the studio airing the first episode, they give you 3 minutes lol.

Dev should have really waited to do his first release. Now it has its first review and its 1 star. People are going to see that and skip the game.
I would personally call it a 'nothing game' at the moment as there is no proper choice at the moment and nothing really there.

Reactions: wiseold6996

Crowangel

Dec 12, 2021
Im sorry but after several episodes now this isnt getting any better and you not listening to any of the criticism offered or using that to make your game better..
The writing is terrible.. and after so many issues now you should by now have found a friend or someone with an understanding of the english language to proof read and amend your work before release..
There is SO much unfinished content that should have been finished in earlier chapters BEFORE release..
Visuals are blurry half the time..
Plot is non existent.. As a dev you goal should be to capture the reading audience from the 1st episode.. put a lot of work into the debut and then let the story flow from there.. There is no character development, No character introduction.. who the fuck are these people.. and what is their point to the story?
I even think 1 star is too much for this title.. But people need to be warned ahead of time of HOW BAD this work is..
Seriously.. take the advice and criticism and actually STOP development until you can have some content to this story because as is now your limping from update to update with no direction to your work..
Only release something once your confident and those that support you are confident that.. 1... Its actually readable in common English... and 2.... the is some suitable PLOT to follow which as of now there is NONE

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I was a human to a mixed German Shephard for almost 10 years. The only time I heard "guk" out of her was when she was about to vomit. Just what language phonetically maps a "guk" onto a bark?

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
I was a human to a mixed German Shephard for almost 10 years. The only time I heard "guk" out of her was when she was about to vomit. Just what language phonetically maps a "guk" onto a bark?
Probably the same one where make these sounds.

BOXgurih

Jun 3, 2018
Im sorry but after several episodes now this isnt getting any better and you not listening to any of the criticism offered or using that to make your game better..
The writing is terrible.. and after so many issues now you should by now have found a friend or someone with an understanding of the english language to proof read and amend your work before release..
There is SO much unfinished content that should have been finished in earlier chapters BEFORE release..
Visuals are blurry half the time..
Plot is non existent.. As a dev you goal should be to capture the reading audience from the 1st episode.. put a lot of work into the debut and then let the story flow from there.. There is no character development, No character introduction.. who the fuck are these people.. and what is their point to the story?
I even think 1 star is too much for this title.. But people need to be warned ahead of time of HOW BAD this work is..
Seriously.. take the advice and criticism and actually STOP development until you can have some content to this story because as is now your limping from update to update with no direction to your work..
Only release something once your confident and those that support you are confident that.. 1... Its actually readable in common English... and 2.... the is some suitable PLOT to follow which as of now there is NONE
it will take a long time to show that, of course I can't create something instantly, you know I'm alone in this project T_T

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Ah! According to this : Indonesian. It also looks like I was confusing Chinese Cantonese with Japanese according to that source. What I'd really like to know though is how the dog is able to figure out what part of the world they grew up in :p
well i dont answer that but i will change "guk guk " style my country with international dog language

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
so after trying it i can say so far NTR is avoidable.

the main problem is i've seen this game featured before and for having an update its pretty small. given that though i'd recommend dev abandon trying to make so many alternate paths and try to weave all the story elements into one somewhat linear story with choices on who to interact with and who to avoid.

at the moment when you're in the street you can go talk to the maidgirl/prostitute but apparently there's at least 2 other routes to choose from that havent been implemented yet. at the rate the dev is going in terms of content size i dont think it can be justified to try to do so much when each update is so little.

it also should be a crime to make the MC wear a condom in a VN game:LOL:.

but at the moment it doesnt matter anyways cause if you get laid you wont have enough money to pay rent so you get a game over so the only sex scene at the moment is pointless:cautious:

Last edited:

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
My Life Is Good Academy 0.02.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Has some potential with a nice asian school / slice of life feeling. Imo it doesn't deserve the 1* rating since there are far worse games. However i would like to make some improvement suggestions:

1) Too much "game over" content: Basically there is one path, going left or right of that and its game over. And its not instant game over, but content+game over. If you have barely any content (yet), its unfortunate to hide the little that is already there behind a fail state.

Example1: The only sex scene with the MC is very hidden: you have to ignore the "ad girl" in the city -> only then she offers sex. If you do accept the offer you get the sex scene - but also get game over in the same night, since you cannot pay rent. Hiding the only sex scene for the MC so far AND making it cause a game over seems like a bad idea.
Suggestion1: Start the game with enough money so the player can afford this scene AND pay the 1st rent. Maybe the ad girl could make her offer even if you go with her since most players won't even notice the scene otherwise (seems more intuitive to get her offer during a walk&talk than after the MC ignores her)

Example2: Going to the girls toilet has an interesting scene but also instant game over.
Suggestion2: I would add a dialogue "Damn, i cannot go in there while i'm being watched" and maybe remove the watcher on another day, or talk to the watcher?

2) English: Obviously that's hard to get right if you are no native speaker. And honestly, its good enough to understand what is going on - thought it would be far worse based on comments. But a free spellcheck program (e.g. in Libreoffice) and a free text improvement program like Grammarly might help.

3) Intro & background clarification:
* Why can he just leave home as a minor without police or child protection services intervention. Maybe make him leave as soon as he turned 18 unless that's important for the story.
* How can he afford it? (trust fund, savings?)
* Why is his father remarrying such a problem - was the new wife that bad, was his father remarrying directly after the burial or did something else happen?
* Basketball proficiency: No matter how rich you are, that won't get you to play with NBA players - if they wasted their time playing with kids, they wouldn't be in the NBA. Maybe he went to an elite school that had a former NBA player as a trainer and/or a highly ranked basketball team.

4) Remove non-choices & make choices more descriptive: There are several choices that are not really choices - e.g. why offer to "wait in class" or "go somewhere" if the first choice loops back (no content in loopback) until you choose "go somewhere". Also, it wouldn't hurt if the choices would be a bit more descriptive. Examples: "go somewhere" -> "have lunch with your friends" or just "go for lunch". "Spend time" -> "spend some time in <location>"

Cheers & all the best with your game!

Last edited:
1.70 star(s) 6 Votes