Ren'Py Abandoned My Lover Is an Android [v0.01] [EchoWix Games]

Jan 7, 2021
View attachment 1308555
Hi! Yes I am the owner of this project, thanks for posting here on F95Zone! well I made this DEMO to show a little how will be the Final Project (or DEFINITIVE Edition as I am calling it), I will summarize a little how it will work, The Project will have 2 campaigns fully playable when the player wants, divided into chapters of course, one campaign will show the trajectory of the Human Sarah from her becoming the "Savior" to creating the Sarah Android (Gynoid the right pronunciation) and being the Female Protagonist, while the other campaign shows the Male Protagonist, the Male Protagonist does have a face, haha, but I chose to use (or focus) only the First Person Camera, showing all the time always in his vision. But in the final version there will be a mix of both cameras in FPS and TPS. I believe that the Chapter 0 or Pilot is planned for January 2022.
Kinda wondering why you didn't use renpy's built in translation tool?
Looked at the "tl" folder and it was mostly empty. Rather easier to use that instead of coding it into persistent.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

However if you're happier with using persistent make sure you are consistent with variable names.
This fixes the game not remembering the language preferences on startup, the player doesn't have to click through the splash screen with a paused delay, and their preferences show up in Video Options.

Having Text Options for Textbox Opacity and Text Outline would be nice. Not really hard to add but with everything mapped to an image it's kind of a pain since that needs edited.

Pretty sure the About Section is suppose to be there for legal reasons. Doesn't matter much here however you should include it and add your own information on top of it along with links to your patreon and itch.io pages.

The 'window_icon.png' is outside the standard icon sizes. Reducing it to 256x256 and making an 'icon.ico' out of that using sizes 256, 48, 32, and 16.

If you want to easily compare the changes I made to the scripts you can use WinMerge - a very useful tool for Renpy, etc. modders.

Good luck in making your game :D

Deleted member 588212

Dev of Codename UltraViolet
Game Developer
May 1, 2018
Kinda wondering why you didn't use renpy's built in translation tool?
Looked at the "tl" folder and it was mostly empty. Rather easier to use that instead of coding it into persistent.

However if you're happier with using persistent make sure you are consistent with variable names.
This fixes the game not remembering the language preferences on startup, the player doesn't have to click through the splash screen with a paused delay, and their preferences show up in Video Options.

Having Text Options for Textbox Opacity and Text Outline would be nice. Not really hard to add but with everything mapped to an image it's kind of a pain since that needs edited.

Pretty sure the About Section is suppose to be there for legal reasons. Doesn't matter much here however you should include it and add your own information on top of it along with links to your patreon and itch.io pages.

The 'window_icon.png' is outside the standard icon sizes. Reducing it to 256x256 and making an 'icon.ico' out of that using sizes 256, 48, 32, and 16.

If you want to easily compare the changes I made to the scripts you can use WinMerge - a very useful tool for Renpy, etc. modders.

Good luck in making your game :D
I know renpy's own translator but I preferred to use a variable and build the translation manually, I have a teacher that helps me with python and renpy and he asked me about it, haha, well the "About" screen I really forgot to close it, it was stupid of me, I left it to close it at the end and forgot about it, but on this screen you would only need the links to redirect to social networks and patreon, but at this moment I don't think it's necessary to finish it, even so thanks, I'm no expert in Renpy but I'll improve myself with time.

Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
Any mistake I made in the DEMO I will not make in the Definitive version, well a curiosity about the project, The plot seen in the DEMO is another timeline, the timeline that will be shown in the DEFINITIVE version has nothing to do with the DEMO, an addendum on Travel and Timelines. That is why it is called DEFINITIVE, because it is the one that begins and ends the plot both internally for the characters and externally for the players.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: vilewe7570

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018

The reason I'm using Persistent here is because I was resetting the language every time I went back to the menu, and using "SetField" because I tried to use "SetVariable" like you did, and it wasn't working. But thanks!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cuckoo4cocoapuffs
Jan 7, 2021
The reason I'm using Persistent here is because I was resetting the language every time I went back to the menu, and using "SetField" because I tried to use "SetVariable" like you did, and it wasn't working. But thanks!
Persistent stores global variables in 'game\saves\persistent'

Why the splash screen wasn't remembering is you spelled the variable differently there :coffee: Changed " " to " " when I was figuring out why the splash screen wasn't remembering then seen the variable name was different.

Not sure why "SetVariable" wasn't working for you but since you said that I tried changing the setting, starting a new game in both languages, and returning to the Main Menu and it seems to stay in effect. Meh probably just a glitch in the matrix.

In any event you're welcome, keep up the good work!

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
SYSTEM TESTS DEFINITIVE EDITION !

I am making available a build showing the main systems that will be in the project, there are still others to be implemented but as they will not be used now, they are not done yet. Please, if you find any bug, let me know.

Windows - Linux:

Android:

Jan 24, 2021
THIS PROJECT IS CANCELLED!

Due to technical problems my computer is not able to render the very heavy scenes that would be needed for the project. So unfortunately I will have to cancel the project until I can improve my computer. But on the other hand I have started a new, simpler and lighter project that I can work on, Love Match, The BETA version may be out on October 15th or at the end of October. Thanks to everyone who downloaded and played the DEMO of "My Girlfriend is An Android?"!

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Wasn’t this abandoned?
Or suddenly like a miracle it got an hope?

Deleted member 588212

Game Developer
May 1, 2018
Wasn’t this abandoned?
Or suddenly like a miracle it got an hope?
No, I cancelled the project in July 2020 for technical reasons (my computer, being intermediate, was not able to do the heavier scenes, due to the scenery and the amount of models).

But because of my head, I was coming up with idea after idea. I was crazy wanting to get back to the project so I decided to remake it with new ideas but keeping the same narrative. so now I'm back with the project.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
No, I cancelled the project in July 2020 for technical reasons (my computer, being intermediate, was not able to do the heavier scenes, due to the scenery and the amount of models).

But because of my head, I was coming up with idea after idea. I was crazy wanting to get back to the project so I decided to remake it with new ideas but keeping the same narrative. so now I'm back with the project.
I see, best of luck to you