Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Okay I can't say that I'm serious but is the remake bad? Haven't played that but this original is very unique, I really like those big busty girls, I thought the remake should be better, no?
the remake is the death of the plot and of the characters' personalities...if your only focus are how characters look, then you won't have any other problems aside the gamebreaking bugs, if you liked the original plot and the characters' previous personalities...then you're going to hate it, the nicest characters became the meanest, and the meanest characters will straight up try to cuck you

May 31, 2018
the remake is the death of the plot and of the characters' personalities...if your only focus are how characters look, then you won't have any other problems aside the gamebreaking bugs, if you liked the original plot and the characters' previous personalities...then you're going to hate it, the nicest characters became the meanest, and the meanest characters will straight up try to cuck you
This is totally not what I thought the remake should be :ROFLMAO: but I'll try when it's finished (if beggar actually do that :ROFLMAO:)

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
This is totally not what I thought the remake should be :ROFLMAO: but I'll try when it's finished (if beggar actually do that :ROFLMAO:)
Remember how MC's blood-sister was naive but ultimately nice to MC? in the remake she is an ungrateful brat. Or one of MC's step-sisters was basically in love with him since she saw him? good luck with that now she treats him coldly, and the other step-sister who was mean, she is even worse in the remake, an example would be in the original game she would say "i hate you but thanks for helping me", in the remake she actively tries to sabotage MC's life hoping that MC's step-mom would kick him out of the house, and complain when MC uncovers the step-sister's trick.

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
Remember how MC's blood-sister was naive but ultimately nice to MC? in the remake she is an ungrateful brat. Or one of MC's step-sisters was basically in love with him since she saw him? good luck with that now she treats him coldly, and the other step-sister who was mean, she is even worse in the remake, an example would be in the original game she would say "i hate you but thanks for helping me", in the remake she actively tries to sabotage MC's life hoping that MC's step-mom would kick him out of the house, and complain when MC uncovers the step-sister's trick.
Man, I'll never forgive this dev for what they did to Sarah and Laura. He fucking ruined those characters. Then you add how the MC is now is an unlikable pussy, making you start hating his guts too and there's nothing left to like in that game.

The Revamp version is downright one of the worst Remakes I have ever seen of anything and Beggar of Net is or has one of the worst programmers in gaming.

The ironic thing is that I think that guy would've had a much easier time coding if the Revamp was made in Renpy and it would've also justified its existence in the first place. Even with its flaws, I loved this game, but the Revamp is absolutely disgusting.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1- Man, I'll never forgive this dev for what they did to Sarah and Laura. He fucking ruined those characters.

2- Then you add how the MC is now is an unlikable pussy, making you start hating his guts too and there's nothing left to like in that game.

3- The Revamp version is downright one of the worst Remakes I have ever seen of anything and Beggar of Net is or has one of the worst programmers in gaming.

4- The ironic thing is that I think that guy would've had a much easier time coding if the Revamp was made in Renpy and it would've also justified its existence in the first place. Even with its flaws, I loved this game, but the Revamp is absolutely disgusting.
1- But added no one "nice": like if Sarah and Laura became mean but the mom and the other sister would become the nice ones, no problem, i wouldn't like it but i would accept it, because there would be balance...but imagine your whole family hating you

2- Basically he turned MC in what in the original game was his own dad: a natural cuck, a pathetic little shit that complains that life is too tough, believing that everyone but them is born with a silver spoon, and they(MC and his dad) do nothing to change that or truly improve themselves to be worthy of love

3- And it was voted, BoN put out a poll where he asked what his patreons wanted, asking if he should do a remake because the original game had so many bugs that would have been so much faster to re-do everything but without bugs...and the result? well, i believe BoN would put out another poll asking if he should do another remake XD

4- BoN is sincerely one of the worst programmers EVER, i may not be an expert, but how bad you must be to write a code with so many errors or flaws that end up in multiple gamebreaking bugs, so many that you can't handle them, and why he doesn't notice them...does he even has some beta-testers or play his own game before releasing it?

Reactions: lo0u

May 31, 2018
Okay so I remember this old version has a "core" story that about his family

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and the story about mc family isn't complete yet, did beggar change it in the revamp? How's the story now?

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Okay so I remember this old version has a "core" story that about his family

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and the story about mc family isn't complete yet, did beggar change it in the revamp? How's the story now?
i remember that the dad was simply involved in some shit with a mafia gang, he was jealous of his own dad(mc's grandpa) and tried to rape his own mom, and lasted like not enough to make it a pleasant experience for either of them, so much that his dad caught him, beat the shit out of him and sent in one of those schools that are more like prison-camps but with teachers XD and he meets some people who decides to use him, like gang-stuff (and the leader of this gang is the dad of MC's rival, Christopher i think)

i remember this stuff bc it was in the last update of the original version...but it's a mess to remember the plot bc it was spread thin across the things you must do in a certain order to avoid gamebreaking bugs

Reactions: 09110212

May 31, 2018
i remember that the dad was simply involved in some shit with a mafia gang, he was jealous of his own dad(mc's grandpa) and tried to rape his own mom, and lasted like not enough to make it a pleasant experience for either of them, so much that his dad caught him, beat the shit out of him and sent in one of those schools that are more like prison-camps but with teachers XD and he meets some people who decides to use him, like gang-stuff (and the leader of this gang is the dad of MC's rival, Christopher i think)

i remember this stuff bc it was in the last update of the original version...but it's a mess to remember the plot bc it was spread thin across the things you must do in a certain order to avoid gamebreaking bugs
Oh yeah now I remember that fucked up villain origin LMAO, but how about in the REVAMP version? Did he change the story? Cus you told he changed almost all characters personalities so I doubt he keep the original story one.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Oh yeah now I remember that fucked up villain origin LMAO, but how about in the REVAMP version? Did he change the story? Cus you told he changed almost all characters personalities so I doubt he keep the original story one.
last time i checked(like third release) that part was hinted to be just slightly changed, still asshole-dad but less pathetic but not really a threat to MC

Reactions: 09110212

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
3- And it was voted, BoN put out a poll where he asked what his patreons wanted
That's a huge problem to me. I hate when developers put the future of their project on the hands of patrons. It never ends well and it shows how the dev lost their vision and passion in the project and just wants to cash in. Too many games have fallen into this trap and have all become worse than they were initially.

BoN is sincerely one of the worst programmers EVER
Yeah, and I still know lots of games that are buggy as hell, even in Renpy. But I do believe that if he managed to make this game with RPGM, he would've had a much better time with Python 3. I love good RPGM games, because of the classic JRPG 16bit charm they can have. But you need to be a good coder and a good game designer to make it work, especially in that engine.

Now, I know I was very harsh, but the reason is because the OG My New Life was one of the first adult games I had ever played and even with the bugs and quirks, it had a lot of charm.

BoN may not be a good programmer, but he does a good job imo with the sex scenes and the variety of kinks and progression. I lost count of how many times there was realistic foreplay before sex, when the MC was the one initiating it. Most of the scenes that start in foreplay, don't end there and progress into sex and even though they're just a couple of images long, they have a good pacing.

Many of those scenes are hot, even in the Revamp. I downloaded v0.93 after a long time not playing it and used the gallery viewer. Now, since all characters are maxed, you don't get to see them being mean to the MC, or seeing the MC being a wuss, so you get to experience the scenes, and they're great.

The Lucy and Sarah scenes are excellent to me. 90% of the games here revolves around the MC getting off and the scene is over. And BoN of all people is the one doing something different.

And that's why I'm so mad at this guy, because he could easily hire a good coder and 50% of his issues would be gone. Then the writing and polish would be left, which is also not that great, but that could be fixed too. If he focused only in the rendering, while polishing things like the terrible sound FX and focusing on little details, this game would've been so much better.

As for the writing, it seems to me that BoN saw Taffy Tales and thought it would be a good idea to make his MC as much of a wimp and a cuck as the one in that game. It's a kink and it's fine, but in a RPGM game, I'd at least expect branching and choices in that regard.

There are very few things I hate in adult games, more than a wimp MC, who happens to be extremely stupid and oblivious to what's happening to him/her.

TLDR: I hate that I hate this game, but BoN made me do it. :p

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1- That's a huge problem to me. I hate when developers put the future of their project on the hands of patrons. It never ends well and it shows how the dev lost their vision and passion in the project and just wants to cash in. Too many games have fallen into this trap and have all become worse than they were initially.

2- Yeah, and I still know lots of games that are buggy as hell, even in Renpy. But I do believe that if he managed to make this game with RPGM, he would've had a much better time with Python 3. I love good RPGM games, because of the classic JRPG 16bit charm they can have. But you need to be a good coder and a good game designer to make it work, especially in that engine.

3- Now, I know I was very harsh, but the reason is because the OG My New Life was one of the first adult games I had ever played and even with the bugs and quirks, it had a lot of charm.

4- BoN may not be a good programmer, but he does a good job imo with the sex scenes and the variety of kinks and progression. I lost count of how many times there was realistic foreplay before sex, when the MC was the one initiating it. Most of the scenes that start in foreplay, don't end there and progress into sex and even though they're just a couple of images long, they have a good pacing.

5- Many of those scenes are hot, even in the Revamp. I downloaded v0.93 after a long time not playing it and used the gallery viewer. Now, since all characters are maxed, you don't get to see them being mean to the MC, or seeing the MC being a wuss, so you get to experience the scenes, and they're great.

6- The Lucy and Sarah scenes are excellent to me. 90% of the games here revolves around the MC getting off and the scene is over. And BoN of all people is the one doing something different.

7- And that's why I'm so mad at this guy, because he could easily hire a good coder and 50% of his issues would be gone. Then the writing and polish would be left, which is also not that great, but that could be fixed too. If he focused only in the rendering, while polishing things like the terrible sound FX and focusing on little details, this game would've been so much better.

8- As for the writing, it seems to me that BoN saw Taffy Tales and thought it would be a good idea to make his MC as much of a wimp and a cuck as the one in that game. It's a kink and it's fine, but in a RPGM game, I'd at least expect branching and choices in that regard.

9- There are very few things I hate in adult games, more than a wimp MC, who happens to be extremely stupid and oblivious to what's happening to him/her.

TLDR: I hate that I hate this game, but BoN made me do it. :p
I numbered your paragraphs so you'll know to what i'm trying to answer

1- I saw it happening so many times, that it's not even funny, people don't learn from other people's mistakes, they believe "but i'm better than them, it won't happen to me" timeskip 5 months(or less), that same situation happened to others, happens to them, it's like a funny joke that got repeated so much that it's not funny anymore

2- We've similar tastes then

3- Same, the OG of this game was one of my firsts games

4- It sounds nice

5- I'm tired of MC's with giant penises but without the attitude for "deserving it", too many MCs that are basically wimps or having penises so big that they should kill everyone who tries to take it in XD

6- Too bad the surrounding rest of the game is basically trashy or stupid or poorly written

7- I hope he quits game developing and focuses on making arts, like working for someone.

8- It's likely that BoN himself inspired Taffy Tales XD i remember BoN's game being released before Taffy(the first release's date i mean)

9- I'm starting to raise my standards because i'm tired to get mad at stupid plots or boring characters, and through my rants(with friends) basically fixing both XD, so yeah i agree and i'm slowly quitting some VNs because of that(among other reasons)

lo0u

Jun 26, 2018
6- Too bad the surrounding rest of the game is basically trashy or stupid or poorly written
Yeah. Like, if you have played the original and never played the Revamp, but then download the latest version, with the Gallery Unlock mod and just go for the scenes, you'll enjoy it, because a lot of those scenes are hot asf, even with the garbage sound effects and music, or the quirks and mediocre animation.

That's the type of black magic BoN was able to achieve here. You can have perfect renders, sound and animation, but if the scenes are not hot and engaging, you've failed. He managed to make the hardest part about these decent, but everything else sucks.

8- It's likely that BoN himself inspired Taffy Tales XD i remember BoN's game being released before Taffy(the first release's date i mean)
Oh, I was talking about the OG My New Life v0.9 that came out in 2016. That one came out a few years earlier and the MC was very different initially. Even though he was bullied by Christian, he wasn't a wuss and definitely not a cuck.

When I played the Revamp, the first thing I thought about when the MC started acting like a wuss and seeing how the bully was just trying to cuck you, was Taffy Tales. It's actually possible it could've been an inspiration, because that game took off between 2018 and 2019, when the Revamp was being worked on.

I'm starting to raise my standards because i'm tired to get mad at stupid plots or boring characters.
Me too. It's just a shame that most game, even the great ones, lack the amount of kinks and scene variation this game has. But compared to other games now, even RPGM ones, this one stopped in time and regressed. It's a shame, really.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes