Abandoned My Sweet Neighbors | Completing the game project !

do you want to see more updates of this game ?

• Yes

Votes: 2,279 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 2.5%

• Total voters
Jun 30, 2020
I think I can see your point better now, so please allow me to clarify myself.
What I was trying to say is you can call it a gimmick when it is clear the author didn't know how to continue the story. Whenever this happens, the easy way out of this is to put something that forces the reader to suspend their disbelief. This sometimes works, but most of the time it doesn't and leaves the reader with a feeling of disappointment.

With that being clarified out, the rest is a matter of personal opinion.
You said you'd enjoy an ending where the girls go full "psycho killer" mode, whilst for me, that would only induce a hefty amount of rage. To each their own ;)
Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I think I wouldn't mind some plot devices in stories that might rattle my cage a little bit. It's always nice to see writers exploring areas that are somewhat off the beaten path. There are tons of examples of work posted here that show there are artists and programmers who are far more talented than I could ever dream to be - I'd just love to see them paired with a good writer who was willing to create and commit to a vision that stood apart from the rest in one way or another.

If I were going to do that as a developer, I'd certainly make my game with a starting screen that said that the story may potentially explore darker themes or contain events that a reader may find unsettling . . . once you click agree, it's game on!

Reactions: darlic
Jun 30, 2020
I was actually trying to help you. Most of the stuff that people would usually be interested in knowing is on the last couple pages of the board. You don't have to read all thirteen pages because obviously the most recent news would be on the last few pages. If what you are looking for isn't there, you could then be a bit more precise about what you are looking to learn.

Further, I don't think it's reasonable for you to assume that somebody is withholding some magical information just waiting for you to ask about it. If people know stuff, they post it and it's already here. If people don't know stuff, all the repetitive posts asking for news aren't going to make them magically appear.

I didn't want to assume that you were just being so lazy that you couldn't be bothered to read the last couple pages and weren't thinking that you were so special that everyone else should re-type what's already here so it pleases his majesty, and in that spirit I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you to refine your question.

My answer was fine unless you'd prefer to be told more directly to not be a lazy cunt and do a little reading.

Are you happier now?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020
This project died a long time ago, it's time to move on guys
Your patient reply inspired me, and although I bristle at the idea of people being too lazy to look up what can easily be found, here's the rundown of all possible update questions . . .

1) The original MSN and the status of Pandelo - The game is dead. Last communication from him was December 2018 and the last game update IIRC was October 2018. No matter how much you liked the game, this is the reality. It's dead.
2) The "completing the game" discussion that started this particular board - That project is dead. I think the person who floated this idea meant well, but then realized that wanting to finish the game and being able to finish the game were two very different things. Based on the current state of information, MSN is dead. It is no more. It has ceased to be.
3) The "homage" game that has been mentioned here - It's really early in that game's development, but if you ask me this is more of a case of a developer using this and the original MSN board as a way to advertise his game. This new game is an homage to MSN in the same way that a bicycle is an homage to a Lamborghini (they both have wheels, so it's an homage!). That new game may turn out to be good or it may not . . . I just think for now that comparisons to MSN are done more by the developer in an effort to drum up interest in his game than as an actual reflection of the reality of the game's contents.

All of this information can of course be found on the last 3 or so pages of this board, but here's the summary (again).

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Wings of Silicon is objectively a good game, unfortunately is not as close to MSN as it is alleged to be

Reactions: SinAppeal
Jun 30, 2020
Wings of Silicon is objectively a good game, unfortunately is not as close to MSN as it is alleged to be
Did you play the latest update? If you load a save and pick up from there, it's buggy and crashing all over the place, and it's starting to read like it was written by a retarded monkey. Starting from scratch seems to have dealt with at least some of the bugginess.

That aside, I would question what about this game merits it even being mentioned here. Caitlyn Jenner has her foot in MCs crotch already and the dialog is just horrible.

I would just hope that SinAppeal figures out that if he's going to keep mentioning what I think is a train wreck of a game on this board that he's inviting the due criticism.

Last edited:

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Did you play the latest update? Buggy and crashing all over the place, and it's starting to read like it was written by a retarded monkey.

That aside, I would question what about this game merits it even being mentioned here. Caitlyn Jenner has her foot in MCs crotch already and the dialog is just horrible.

I would just hope that SinAppeal figures out that if he's going to keep mentioning what I think is a train wreck of a game on this board that he's inviting the due criticism.
Personally, I think constructive criticism is good. And I assume that you are also a person who means no harm to others.
WoS is just a way to experience a similar game, since nothing came from Pandelo for a long time.
My game is not meant to be blasphemous, nor do I want to annoy anyone.
It is a way to bridge the long wait.
If you find it a nuisance, that's your opinion and I respect that.
Nevertheless, I would like to see a friendlier way of dealing with each other. Calling me a stupid monkey is not a gentleman behaivour.

Jun 30, 2020
Personally, I think constructive criticism is good. And I assume that you are also a person who means no harm to others.
WoS is just a way to experience a similar game, since nothing came from Pandelo for a long time.
My game is not meant to be blasphemous, nor do I want to annoy anyone.
It is a way to bridge the long wait.
If you find it a nuisance, that's your opinion and I respect that.
Nevertheless, I would like to see a friendlier way of dealing with each other. Calling me a stupid monkey is not a gentleman behaivour.
You keep posting advertising for your game here, and I will keep telling you and others what I think of your game here.

Reactions: lolblue25

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
You keep posting advertising for your game here, and I will keep telling you and others what I think of your game here.
I totally understand that and I think it's good. It's just that the way you treated me was a bit harsh.anyway

How would you improve WoS in concrete terms?
Or what exactly bothers you?

• Angry
Reactions: lolblue25

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Did you play the latest update? If you load a save and pick up from there, it's buggy and crashing all over the place, and it's starting to read like it was written by a retarded monkey. Starting from scratch seems to have dealt with at least some of the bugginess.
No, I didn't play the latest update, but I agree with you, the dialogues have left me a little bit perplexed since the very beginning.
SinAppeal, sorry but I can't really say what could be improved or not since I'm not a writer myself, all I can say is the dialogues felt a little bit "strange" from what I recall.
For the near future, I plan to keep playing it, by then I'll try to deliver more constructive criticism, within my capabilities

Jun 30, 2020
Hello friends,

Maybe I'm the only one who's bugged by the board being used for marketing other games, but here's why I find the practice so troubling.

Pandelo started from scratch and built a following based on the quality of his own work. The people who have notifications turned on for the original MSN board and this one have those notifications on because hope springs eternal and it's a place for the faithful to turn for information. I promise my brothers (and sisters?) on this board that I will come on here and post real news the second I get it . . . if I run into Pandelo backpacking in the Andes, you can expect to see a report posted as soon as I get to a hostel.

All that said, Pandelo's following and the MSN "brand" grew organically out of the quality of his work (yes, I know some people don't love it like many of us do), and based on Pandelo's own reporting the project ended due to his mother having a heart attack. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I wish Pandelo and all his loved ones nothing but good health and happiness.

So, I think what is bothering me so much here is that someone is using the following that Pandelo earned through his hard work and the development of his brand as a way to jump start what is already pretty obviously a non-related project. Given that Pandelo stepped away due to his mother's health, I can't help but think of the efforts of others to advertise their work here as an attempt to monetize a heart attack. It just rubs me the wrong way, and of course I come to F95 because I want to be rubbed the right way.

Now, if the project were consciously, thoughtfully, and effectively a continuation of/homage to MSN, I suppose I would feel differently about it; but if you're going to hand out flyers for your "tribute" band at John Bonham's funeral, your band better fucking rock and do justice to the mighty Led Zeppelin. Otherwise, you're just a ghoul and you should at least get your head around being honest about that.

I'm not a moderator on this board, and my spider sense tells me that none exists. I'd think first off that a mod would be deleting other devs promoting their games here as being off topic. The MSN Discord is so off brand by now that you need to learn Turkish to participate . . . does this board really need to decay into shameless self promotion?

I'm quite sure that this bugs me a lot more than it bugs many of you, but I don't think I'm bothered for no good reason.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
Orangepocalypse
I see your point but you should consider that this thread is a long time dead. I mean, the last post from the thread starter is dated Aug 2020 (4 pages ago).
Since then, this thread has been filled with spam, unrelated content, and flames about this or that fetish.
Normally this shouldn't be accepted, but this thread would be completely dead otherwise and that is why the moderation in this forum never took action so far. SinAppeal has done the same thing other people have been done the last year or so, I don't see why he should be treated differently. Cross-promotion is not a forbidden practice here AFAIK.

Jun 30, 2020
Orangepocalypse
I see your point but you should consider that this thread is a long time dead. I mean, the last post from the thread starter is dated Aug 2020 (4 pages ago).
Since then, this thread has been filled with spam, unrelated content, and flames about this or that fetish.
Normally this shouldn't be accepted, but this thread would be completely dead otherwise and that is why the moderation in this forum never took action so far. SinAppeal has done the same thing other people have been done the last year or so, I don't see why he should be treated differently. Cross-promotion is not a forbidden practice here AFAIK.
Nobody as far as I can tell has ever advertised their game on this board aside from SinAppeal. I didn't remember ever seeing it before, so I did a quick skim through the thread to confirm. OCD has its pros and cons.

Cross-promotion to me is two developers agreeing with each other to promote on the other's platforms. The relationship is symbiotic. That isn't what SinAppeal is doing here. He's taking advantage of an unmoderated board and using Pandelo's brand to drive eyeballs to his (not related) game while giving nothing in return. The relationship here is more parasitic.

When this particular board was started, there were around five pages of discussion over the ethics involved in piggybacking on Pandelo's name/brand (followed by about five pages of arguing over everyone's "favorite" three letter fetish). Once in a while these are interrupted by hilarious posts from yours truly. I will miss leaving those nuggets and thank those of you who have left little tokens of appreciation in the form of thumbs ups.

Look, if the jungle is going to reclaim our little nearly-abandoned village, then I might as well unfollow now. I have enjoyed the conversations I've had here with long-time fans, but if at least some of those fans with whom I've enjoyed interacting and reading are white-flagging it here, I might as well just follow the original board only just in case the chosen one reappears. I'd like to be more easygoing/philosophical about what's going on, but I think it's just better for me to not deal with it at all.

Be well, gentlemen (and ladies). Say hi to the encroaching jungle for me.

OPoc

Jun 30, 2020
Hello fellow travelers,

I just learned something as a result of having a couple of my posts deleted from the "original" discussion board. The most salient one is that the advertising of one game on another game's board is specifically a violation of F95 rules (at least that what it says).

Gonna hang out here long enough to see if that 's true. Machete in hand, ready to beat back the jungle.

Ever forward!

Reactions: Oghmios1337