Which thread should be updated next? (You can vote for two choices.)

• Innocent Angel: Vanilla

Votes: 25 16.9%
  • Innocent Angel: Rocky Road

Votes: 48 32.4%
  • Curious Student: Vanilla

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Curious Student: Rocky Road

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • Gifted Tease: Vanilla

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • Gifted Tease: Rocky Road

Votes: 65 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pedifily

Apr 14, 2018
Done!

(Well, with the v0.117 update, anyway.)

View attachment 846738

Perhaps you're looking at this chart and thinking, "huh, what? Dev took six months and this update has only one new day? Seriously?"

That's a fair reaction. The last six months have been... well... you can read earlier posts to see what kinds of hurdles I've had to jump just to construct this update. It hasn't been easy. And that's just the technical aspect of creating this. Larger delaying factors have to do with my real-life career, but I won't bore you with those details.

Also, I should point out that Curious Student Rocky Road Day 2 (CSRRD2) is quite big. Version 0.1 (which featured completed days for all three personality types and their respective ice cream flavors) was 397mb, with 390 images and 4,260 lines of Ren'Py code. Version 0.117 (which has all the previous stuff plus the completed CSRRD2) is around 1gb, with 785 images and 8,568 lines of code.

So the game is effectively twice as big.

What can I say? I got a little carried away. The old cliche "the tale grew in the telling" holds true for this project.

As for my thoughts on how this turned out, well... not all the images are to my liking... I'm still learning DAZ and now I'm working on mastering GIMP so I can polish the images better, remove blemishes, etc. I'd also like to be more knowledgeable when it comes to Ren'Py writing. I see what other Devs are doing with their projects and I feel quite shy. But overall I think I'm getting better at both DAZ and Ren'Py, so I'm satisfied with myself.

I had to make some tough decisions:

1. I'm keeping all personalities and ice cream flavors in the same game for now. Perhaps in the future I'll break this game into 3-6 smaller games. We'll see.

2. I've decided to make NTR content optional. The people who dislike NTR are always kind and thoughtful when they post their frustrations, so I've decided to rewrite large portions of the game in order to make them feel more comfortable.

3. I've also decided to make Harem content optional. Sometimes when I peruse forum threads for games with large amounts of Harem content, I read lots of comments from people complaining that they resent when the narrative forces them into Harem circumstances. Those people should probably also be given the option to avoid such content. There were a few instances in CSRRD2 in which the MC found himself in vaguely harem-esque situations, so I gave players a way to avoid that.

And that's about it! I'm hoping KoGa3 can create another audio/rename/cheat mod. If so, I'll link to it on the first page. Or maybe even package it into v0.117 and then reupload everything.

Anyway, sorry for making you all wait, and thanks for all the encouragement! I wouldn't have completed this without all the kind words and constructive criticism.

SS
Fantastic update mate, I really like the NTR scenes

Reactions: greenp and Sukebe_S

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
looks interesting and with avoidable NTR that hopefully is avoidable in the possible harem path. I will be keeping a eye on this one.

Reactions: Sukebe_S

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
What does it mean when he says he will make NTR optional? I thought that NTR was already optional depending on the ice cream thing?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ohhaiguize
D

Deleted member 1387011

Hilarious how in all three starts she dates the black dude of course.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Tried every path now. NTR isn't my cup of beer, so sadly I'm out, even if the renders look good. But EVERY route screams NTR and this 'avoidable' is just drifting into a dream world (at least according to the route that got the 2nd day). So, basically not avoidable because it still happens, you just don't see it. Wish the dev good luck and everyone who likes NTR much fun.

Sukebe_S

World's Slowest Amateur Game Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 27, 2019
Tried every path now. NTR isn't my cup of beer, so sadly I'm out, even if the renders look good. But EVERY route screams NTR and this 'avoidable' is just drifting into a dream world (at least according to the route that got the 2nd day). So, basically not avoidable because it still happens, you just don't see it. Wish the dev good luck and everyone who likes NTR much fun.
Hey you sound like a cool dude. My plans for "Curious Student: Vanilla" include a focus on Netorase (or do I mean Netori? I need to consult a Japanese dictionary). That might be more up your alley. The person who would hate it the most would be poor Fountleroy. :cry:

Last edited:

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
wait she is dating a black dude? no i aint racist but i am not black so hopefully the player either gets a choice or i wont enjoy the game. and ntr seems to be shoved at the player from the start if the li is messing with someone else right off.

Reactions: Default123x
Sep 22, 2019
Thx for the heads up bro, was about to download, saved me some time (y)

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Another game that promises several paths, including ntr and no-ntr ... and it will surely be another game that will end up generating more content for one path than another ... conclusion if you like ntr play it, if you don't forget it, since you will always miss at least 50% of the content.

Anyway good luck to the dev with your project.

4.10 star(s) 18 Votes