3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
Imo most of the top sandbox games are generally popular despite the sandbox because they have other redeeming qualities worth the hassle. Saying that some sandbox games are at the top because they are sandbox seems short sighted. I don't like "What a legend" or "Desert Stalker" because of the sandbox, it's good despite it. It also really helps when the sandbox is just for flavor like in those 2 games. The worst sandboxes imo are the ones with grind. In these games I want to continue the story; not skip time for a week just to get the event after doing the same affection raising scene 100 times.

More sandbox games on here do it wrong rather than right which is why lots of people tire of new ones imo.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
So...instantly after starting a new game the renaming thing doesnt work. Change name hit ok and its still "Max"

Also one of things sandboxes does poorly is dialog sequencing unless its really well done. For example right at the start after gaining control of the MC you can just go into the kitchen and the maid acts like you have already been to your room which I havent done yet. So really there should be either a block on the kitchen door to make you go to your room first (imo a bad sandbox thing is blocking areas like that, just make it a KN with choices) or change the dialog based on if you enter the kitchen first or not.

Also like has been said, if you use the map at all you get a renpy traceback error, if you ignore it the map brings up your phone with no image on it. You cannot advance the game at it currently is.

1706722065342.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ept and Soulafein

bentalos

Aug 5, 2017
Imo most of the top sandbox games are generally popular despite the sandbox because they have other redeeming qualities worth the hassle. Saying that some sandbox games are at the top because they are sandbox seems short sighted. I don't like "What a legend" or "Desert Stalker" because of the sandbox, it's good despite it. It also really helps when the sandbox is just for flavor like in those 2 games. The worst sandboxes imo are the ones with grind. In these games I want to continue the story; not skip time for a week just to get the event after doing the same affection raising scene 100 times.

More sandbox games on here do it wrong rather than right which is why lots of people tire of new ones imo.
Your not wrong, thats why I exclude the Sandbox tag from my searches, too grindy and too annoying when you have to click on everything every minute of every day to find events. The only good sandbox games are the ones with a clear and easy hint system but that makes the sandbox aspect pointless anyway.

Reactions: Mibera

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
For those that can't change the name of MC just remember the the "Enter" key is your friend.

I never hit the "ok" option and hit the "enter" key every time and it works for me.

xtra95

Feb 16, 2020
For those struggling with the map, it can be fixed by editing the script_other.rpy file in the "game" subdirectory and changing map_mask.png to map_mask.webp, I will include my own edited version if you would rather just replace it.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
There's also an error with a Dora event where she gets scared of a spider in the bathroom.

After you peep on her when she goes to her room and Mia texts her it errors at the stat gains and never completes the event. So you're stuck seeing that anytime you go downstairs in the mornings only for it to error out again.

Another is that it always says the cafe is closed no matter what day or time it is.

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
yea this version is very broken. The map doesn't exist, but once you get that fixed, luca cafe is perma closed even in the afternoon when one of the quests says to go there. The dora spider in the shower event just keeps repeating and the quest doesn't update, buying the PC does nothing and the quest doesn't move on.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
yea this version is very broken. The map doesn't exist, but once you get that fixed, luca cafe is perma closed even in the afternoon when one of the quests says to go there. The dora spider in the shower event just keeps repeating and the quest doesn't update, buying the PC does nothing and the quest doesn't move on.
yeah, it's really bad. This wasn't tested at all it looks like.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
All of these have already been fixed for R2 and more, there's also a lock now on the kitchen so you have to visit your room, thank you for your feedbacks. And yes it was tested ... In a rush by me ...

Fernqvist

Jul 16, 2020
All of these have already been fixed for R2 and more, there's also a lock now on the kitchen so you have to visit your room, thank you for your feedbacks. And yes it was tested ... In a rush by me ...
Do you know when you are able to release R2? Since this is close to unplayable at the moment

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
Do you know when you are able to release R2? Since this is close to unplayable at the moment
Sure I can do it tomorrow or after tomorrow, will see how quick I work, alternatively you can join my discord server and you can find most of these fixes in my bug reports channel right now. Meanwhile I am also doing some extra quality upgrades and hoping for more feedback

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Sure I can do it tomorrow or after tomorrow, will see how quick I work, alternatively you can join my discord server and you can find most of these fixes in my bug reports channel right now. Meanwhile I am also doing some extra quality upgrades and hoping for more feedback
Well that's good. I'll have to check it out after the patch since it's kinda soft locked right now with the cafe being closed and 2 or 3 events being "go to the bathroom" but the Dora event blocks them all.

Nakathor

Jul 15, 2017
Hello mister !

I don't know if people already told you, but during Mia's quest, on sunday morning when you find her waiting near the bathroom, when you try to talk to her, it shows you again her nighty masturbation scene... :(

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
Hello mister !

I don't know if people already told you, but during Mia's quest, on sunday morning when you find her waiting near the bathroom, when you try to talk to her, it shows you again her nighty masturbation scene... :(
No, no one told me before, thanks

Reactions: Nakathor

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
If you need help with testing, I am going to guess you would have plenty of willing volunteers here.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
If you need help with testing, I am going to guess you would have plenty of willing volunteers here.
Well people reported bugs here and luckily got a helping hand on discord, shout out to that 1 guy that went through the entire game multiple times to help me catch bugs

Reactions: Soulafein
3.30 star(s) 7 Votes