3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

SunlessSpear

Aug 11, 2017
If I didn't start with a sandbox I wouldn't have learned everything I know, also saying that sandbox is the most hated genre is a bit exaggerated, the top 3 most played and paid games are sandbox as of my knowledge. That being said thank you for your kind words, and worry not, everything should be much better next update. Also there's more story opportunity in a sandbox than a simple vn, from random interactions to repeatable sex scenes, sky is the limit
People get uber mad about sandboxes because when they're bad, they're absolutely agonizing, and nobody trusts anyone to do it well because why would you trust an absolute stranger? It's usually not constructive advice, so I'd say just keep doing what you want to do, especially if you're learning from it.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
I have been recovering the game ever since December, while an update should still be weeks away, even though I promised an update by the end of January it will most likely not happen, perhaps mid February, you can take a look at some of the graphical improvements

All of Luna's sex scenes will also be removed, main story adjusted, red lady also removed, the father dream also removed, Luna will be eased into sex instead, she will no longer have affection only obedience, the rest of the girls will have affection. Every single character was adjusted or remade, every single scene has been adjusted or remade (because I had a flood and lost a ton of my scenes back in December)

I still have some smaller scenes to remake, and then I can focus on making a few new ones

Last edited:

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
I am curious why it is new devs always seem to gravitate to the worst aspects of adult visual novels? Namely the sandbox. Imo a sandbox 'game' is not a visual novel. The key to understanding what a visual novel is, is in the name obviously. A visual whether that be animation, or more so static images and a series of texts involving the characters in the story. I just don't get why new devs, gravitate to something which is a lot more advanced than writing a simple visual novel..sure they need to master renders etc, but it's nowhere near as complex as creating a sandbox. Added to that the sandbox game is one of the most hated genres within the adult visual novel spectrum. It's a niche area.
It sounds very much like this sandbox would have been far better off being a vn and not what it is now. I am not knocking anyone, but even the developer has said his coding is an absolute mess, and has to change it. Now is the opportunity to turn it into a avn and no more crappy broken issues, leveling up. Just make sure to have IC and zero ntr and your avn will sky rocket if its a good story, in other words you stand to make a lot more money than you will creating a sandbox lol
The girls are super cute, would translate easily to a vn story.
i have to ask... do you perhaps spend too much time on twitter? because it kinda sounds like your being a salty twitter user in this post, just sayin! the dev has already responded to this so ill try to keep this short! as someone who actually likes the sandbox genre/style (whatever), i find there is more to be enjoyed from turning what might be a mediocre avn into an interactive experience with a sandbox! generally speaking, impo a VN is more about the reading with a few images sprinkled in and thats fine if a story is what your looking for! whereas a sandbox can pepper in game elements such as collectables to be found and hidden secrets and Easter eggs (as well as the added story opportunities at repeatable and random encounters as the dev mentioned in his post)! the sandbox has a lot of chances for the player to discover more lore behind the world and characters in the story developing a sense of immersion.

while this can be accomplished with a well done VN, it may take having the whole story fleshed out before hand to make said VN a good one. where using a sandbox, bits of lore can be added in as the story develops! this is why in japan an avn takes years of planning and work before its ever released to the public! as these adult games go, new devs dont have a huge studio behind them when they start and most of the VNs (and lets be fair, sandbox titles too) go through rewrites and reworks of old content in hopes of making that shining gem of a game the dev hopes to share with his audience! dont believe me... im an aspiring dev and gamer myself! id love to make a game with all kinds of secrets and all that (lofty dreams), but im a writer and not an artist so...maybe expect something several years down the line (but who knows)!

anyway, long story short... your free to have your preference but let a dev tell the story they want to tell the way they want to tell it! if avns are more your style, well im sure there are plenty of them to choose from! the internet is a big place! hope you eventually find what your looking for and i hope my rant here has been informative in some way! have a good day sir (or maam)!

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
I'm not a huge fan of sandbox but if it's done correctly, it's quite enjoyable. I'm also sad to see Luna's stuff gone.

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
I'm not a huge fan of sandbox but if it's done correctly, it's quite enjoyable. I'm also sad to see Luna's stuff gone.
Worry not she'll have new ones, not promising in the next patch but she'll get there, with some progress, unlike before she ... Sucked you off basically the first day, and I agreed, that was a bit too much on my end. But in my defence I wanted to release some sex scenes urgently and who better than a .. maid

Reactions: User327

Mucski

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2018
Here's 0.0.14 alpha R1 for pc/linux

What's new? Everything, your old saves also won't work, I need people to report bugs, dialogue, or things they don't like about characters, scenes and poses, and once this version is polished I'll focus only on new content and will never remake the game ever again because quite frankly it's gotten tiring. To the point I see a cool new hair style or clothing item and I want to use them but then is have to re-render that girls entire story line

Also I usually keep test versions for testers but they all left or in hibernation, quite understandable when I haven't made an update in 5 months

I know some of you'll be mad that you have to start over but this was unavoidable anyways, has to get rid of the previous garbage hint system

You get some starting money in this version

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
MysticValley-0.0.14AlphaR1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
0.0.14 Alpha R1

Getting the following error while trying to access the map on the top floor

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

or I sometimes get this

screenshot0001.png

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
So i just downloaded this and got a weird bug, when entering a name if i press "ok" name doesn't actually change, but if you press enter instead then it works.
I don't see any1 else mentioning it, is it just me then? :unsure:

Anon4321

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 24, 2017
So i just downloaded this and got a weird bug, when entering a name if i press "ok" name doesn't actually change, but if you press enter instead then it works.
I don't see any1 else mentioning it, is it just me then? :unsure:
Just tested it both ways
did not get an error

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
Just tested it both ways
did not get an error
It's not an error thought, it's just if i enter the name i want and then press "ok" it doesn't change the name and goes to Max, which i assume is default.
1.JPG 2.JPG

Also, i got the map error too

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
Is this like the answer to Mythic Manor? I mean those guys pretty much gave up on the game so I'm all for it. Btw this game needs like Mythic Manor some ridiculously big boobs and asses for some characters.
I love to get those big jugs bouncing in these games

rowgran

Jun 13, 2018
Not sure if this is an error or just part of the limits of the game engine. With Ava's level 3 event you seem to have information you should not, if you have not progressed with Zoe to a certain scene with her workplace. I am trying to be vauge without having to put up a spoiler tag on this post. let me know if you need more info.

EmDschay

Feb 24, 2022
Game crashes with traceback when trying to scratch (use) a lottery ticket.
Full traceback:
File "D:\mjh23\Downloads\renpy\MysticValleyDev-0.0.14_alpha_r1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\mjh23\Downloads\renpy\MysticValleyDev-0.0.14_alpha_r1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\mjh23\Downloads\renpy\MysticValleyDev-0.0.14_alpha_r1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\mjh23\Downloads\renpy\MysticValleyDev-0.0.14_alpha_r1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 955, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/locations/mc_room.rpy", line 49, in script call
call new_day_msg from _call_new_day_msg
File "game/locations/lobby.rpy", line 48, in script
call screen main_gui with dissolve
File "D:\mjh23\Downloads\renpy\MysticValleyDev-0.0.14_alpha_r1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 1013, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'lottery_scratch'.

Similar happens when trying to access the map, just with another resource missing (map_mask.png)

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes