larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Its a good day when the update is uploaded earlier than the usual. Thank you hero
It may well be a good day for you and everyone else here that the game has been released here so close to it’s release on Patreon, but there are consequences to that.

How many subscribers are now going to leave Faerins Patreon because why should they support the game on Patreon when twenty minutes later they can get it on f95

That means a loss in revenue to Faerin, so at the end of the month not so much money coming in, okay that’s this month, think of it happening for the next 8 months and the same scenario happens, all of a sudden he hasn’t got enough to pay the bills because he hasn’t got the subscribers anymore.

That might not be a big deal to you or anyone else here, because most of the people on here think the devs are just milking Patrons anyway, but anyway rather than concentrating on the game he has to go back out and get a full time job.

Still doing the game and his job and then after 4 months, we get an apology post on Patreon that the game is wrapping up because he can’t do a full-time job and work on the game as well. All of a sudden there’s no game to wait for.

If we get the game here a few hours later than release on Patreon is that really any hardship to us.

I know it’s a pirate site but you’re not hurting a Multinational here you’re hurting an indie dev who relies on the money he makes as his livelihood, so he can solely concentrate on the game that you all avidly wait for each month.

You wouldn’t see any of the triple-a game studio’s coming on here and answering questions about their game, no you would just get a cease and desist from their lawyers, but Faerin does. He has accepted that there is piracy and rather than fight it he has run with it and got more than a few Patrons from this site, he even answers questions from people he knows have pirated the game and takes their criticisms on board, he even sometimes implements them, but there has to be a balance.

His Patrons should have some exclusivity to the game and not just twenty minutes, I know I will be facepalmed to hell over this post, but is waiting a few extra hours for the game you like to play worth it or getting a few minutes after release and a few months down the line suddenly losing that game because the dev has had to quit

wolowolo

May 14, 2017
Well from what's been said before i expected a bigger update. But gotta see whats behind the non character events, maybe its bigger than it seems.

Michel Mak

Feb 3, 2019
It may well be a good day for you and everyone else here that the game has been released here so close to it’s release on Patreon, but there are consequences to that.

How many subscribers are now going to leave Faerins Patreon because why should they support the game on Patreon when twenty minutes later they can get it on f95

That means a loss in revenue to Faerin, so at the end of the month not so much money coming in, okay that’s this month, think of it happening for the next 8 months and the same scenario happens, all of a sudden he hasn’t got enough to pay the bills because he hasn’t got the subscribers anymore.

That might not be a big deal to you or anyone else here, because most of the people on here think the devs are just milking Patrons anyway, but anyway rather than concentrating on the game he has to go back out and get a full time job.

Still doing the game and his job and then after 4 months, we get an apology post on Patreon that the game is wrapping up because he can’t do a full-time job and work on the game as well. All of a sudden there’s no game to wait for.

If we get the game here a few hours later than release on Patreon is that really any hardship to us.

I know it’s a pirate site but you’re not hurting a Multinational here you’re hurting an indie dev who relies on the money he makes as his livelihood, so he can solely concentrate on the game that you all avidly wait for each month.

Вы бы не увидели, что кто-то из игровой студии triple-a приходит сюда и отвечает на вопросы об их игре, нет, вы просто получите прекращение и воздержитесь от своих адвокатов, но Faerin делает. Он признал, что существует пиратство, и вместо того, чтобы бороться с ним, он бежал с ним и получил больше, чем несколько покровителей с этого сайта, он даже отвечает на вопросы людей, которые, как он знает, пиратствовали в игре, и принимает их критику на борт, он даже иногда реализует их, но должен быть баланс.

His Patrons should have some exclusivity to the game and not just twenty minutes, I know I will be facepalmed to hell over this post, but is waiting a few extra hours for the game you like to play worth it or getting a few minutes after release and a few months down the line suddenly losing that game because the dev has had to quit
You're absolutely right,
larry5168

desmand

May 1, 2017
I'm constantly getting only a fog screen. I cannot untick fog option in Settings. Can anyone help me please? Also if I skip the intro, I only get full white screen when Julia is supposed to appear

Info:
- Win10
- already installed K-lite mega codec pack, WebP codec pack
- created "Savegames" folder.
- have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia GeForce GT 740M

Last edited:

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
You're absolutely right,
larry5168

He is, but could you still re-up the game at a later point today? I've had to decrease my contribution to Faerin due to being unemployed in the middle of a global pandemic, so being a filthy pirate is the only way I can partake. I try to relieve my guilt by being the best bug-tester I possibly can.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm constantly getting only a fog screen. I cannot untick fog option in Settings. Can anyone help me please? Also if I skip the intro, I only get full white screen when Julia is supposed to appear

Info:
- Win10
- already installed K-lite mega codec pack, WebP codec pack
- created "Savegames" folder.
- have Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Nvidia GeForce GT 740M
Additional to see the in-game images you need to install Visual C++ 2015 x86. In the next step you should allocate the game to your better graphic card or deactivate one of them via hardware manager or BIOS.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

You wouldn’t see any of the triple-a game studio’s coming on here and answering questions about their game, no you would just get a cease and desist from their lawyers, but Faerin does. He has accepted that there is piracy and rather than fight it he has run with it and got more than a few Patrons from this site, he even answers questions from people he knows have pirated the game and takes their criticisms on board, he even sometimes implements them, but there has to be a balance.

didnt go through it all, sorry, hopefully got your point still.
completely agree with you, this whole game should be about business.
it makes me real sad knowing how, not only devs, yet this whole site wastes a tons of money every damn second.
only if it could be on pay-per-fap principle, if not fully closed/patrons community.
all those assets (both pirated and created ones), all those visitors....a complete waste of potential/money.:FacePalm:

• Haha
Reactions: fbb

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
didnt go through it all, sorry, hopefully got your point still.
completely agree with you, this whole game should be about business.
it makes me real sad knowing how, not only devs, yet this whole site wastes a tons of money every damn second.
only if it could be on pay-per-fap principle, if not fully closed/patrons community.
all those assets (both pirated and created ones), all those visitors....a complete waste of potential/money.:FacePalm:
And I get your point too, but not getting into a row over it ;)

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes