EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That will help with most of the guests.
Thanks, but this doesn't make the base problem disappear, only mends it for a tiny bit until there's another level jump. Which is that you need several items you can get in a randomly generated system just to able to reach the bare minimum for low-mid tier level guests, aside from the highest possible skill level, even in facilities that are brand new and so you have to rely on a randomly generated training event that you can do once a day during weekdays beforehand. This is a problem that exists from a long time ago, that piles up with every time there's a new hotel level while the methods for getting the items/cards/training remains the same.

This all would be fine by the way, if the management aspect would be somewhat separate from the story events, but in order to progress, you do need that part as well. You can of course spend a good ten hours to set everything up, gather everything, etc, but that becomes a repetitive action that manually creates a content time which actually isn't there.

Reactions: Faerin

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks, but this doesn't make the base problem disappear, only mends it for a tiny bit until there's another level jump. Which is that you need several items you can get in a randomly generated system just to able to reach the bare minimum for low-mid tier level guests, aside from the highest possible skill level, even in facilities that are brand new and so you have to rely on a randomly generated training event that you can do once a day during weekdays beforehand. This is a problem that exists from a long time ago, that piles up with every time there's a new hotel level while the methods for getting the items/cards/training remains the same.

This all would be fine by the way, if the management aspect would be somewhat separate from the story events, but in order to progress, you do need that part as well. You can of course spend a good ten hours to set everything up, gather everything, etc, but that becomes a repetitive action that manually creates a content time which actually isn't there.
Thank you for the feedback.

I hope to add in some missing factors, like staff traits, the office and some room upgrades in one of the upcoming updates.
This should make it considerably less difficult to get the required satisfaction.

In fact, after discussing this with the testers last week, I think the current game difficulty would be more fitting for the (still to be implemented) hard mode. On normal mode it's should be more of a casual management job and not as unforgiven as it is now.

For me, it's a lot easier to balance the game now that all 5 levels are implemented, so you can expect some of that soon.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I hope to add in some missing factors, like staff traits, the office and some room upgrades in one of the upcoming updates.
This should make it considerably less difficult to get the required satisfaction.
Something I'd also like to see implemented is showing the base satisfaction level of each of the girls. It would make things easier to decide to accept a higher tier guest if we know what the minimum satisfaction level is, rather than trying to figure it out for ourselves by checking their inventory and subtracting all their bonusses afterwards.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
debug / cheats enabled

energy consumption set to 0
slightly higher exp gain
huge increase of starting money

replace key.ini(game main folder) //assembly-csharp.dll(Mystwood Manor v0.5.0\Mystwood Manor_Data\Managed)
with attached file
make backup first
So I guess that means you'll be fixing broken saves as well, too, eh? Great! I'll be sure to send them your way.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
debug / cheats enabled

slightly higher exp gain

replace key.ini(game main folder) //assembly-csharp.dll(Mystwood Manor v0.5.0\Mystwood Manor_Data\Managed)
with attached file
make backup first
Is there really any need to give the debug key out when the cheat key is in the game download, fine mod the game by all means but giving people access to the debug key only makes our job harder.
That key is for us the testers to fix bugs on the fly in case we have missed something in testing, not a cheat key
The minority won't use it the majority will thinking they can cheat the game and get everything without having to play, or that it will unlock some secret level, it doesn't work like that and when they break the game and then come here saying it's bugged and we have a look if they have used the debug key we will refer them to you to fix it for them
By all means mod the game just leave the debug key out

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
Been a while since I tried this, does this have a story only mode yet?
i.e. skipping all the grindy management stuff?

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Is there really any need to give the debug key out when the cheat key is in the game download, fine mod the game by all means but giving people access to the debug key only makes our job harder.
That key is for us the testers to fix bugs on the fly in case we have missed something in testing, not a cheat key
The minority won't use it the majority will thinking they can cheat the game and get everything without having to play, or that it will unlock some secret level, it doesn't work like that and when they break the game and then come here saying it's bugged and we have a look if they have used the debug key we will refer them to you to fix it for them
By all means mod the game just leave the debug key out
havent seen a complain about this mod
https://f95zone.to/threads/mystwood...-exoplast-feat-obsidian01.75773/#post-5227275
which is using the debug console too
i think people who use the debug console ,should know at first what they do , and complain about broken saves or w/e
while using mods/edited files gets only a facepalm
greetings

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Thank you for the feedback.

In fact, after discussing this with the testers last week, I think the current game difficulty would be more fitting for the (still to be implemented) hard mode. On normal mode it's should be more of a casual management job and not as unforgiven as it is now.

For me, it's a lot easier to balance the game now that all 5 levels are implemented, so you can expect some of that soon.
That would be helpful for sure. It does feels like hard mode especially with the high tier guests, or what happened around the Hannah introduction and I didn't had enough money to make the Security Room right there (had to go back to level because they always left when they got their shit constantly stolen). I have a good 20 hours already sank in the game (had to start from scratch once), but apparently I still don't have every item possible somehow, but meticolous planning, gathering and grinding is usually reserved for challengeing modes.

I'd also advise for curbing down the RNG system that is currently in the game. For example being able to choose the type of training Amanda would do for the girl you send to her would fasten up things massively, especially since there will be a seemingly last addition to the staff, who if starts her skills from scratch will be another long buildup, until she is actually useful. I'm guessing here but pool, yoga and club are the places where you can only use one person so far, and pool is for level 4 guests, while yoga and club is for the 5's, so that's another Amanda training routine or constant fails.

I don't know when you're planning to implement the item shop with the goblin, but finding him right now is also random, and you can pass days without able to interact with him, which would be annoying if you want to get some specific items.

Curbing down the requirement for the guest satisfaction could be also a solution. I'm not sure what the requirement for Walsh or Sofia right now, but I'm guessing it's 100%, which is yeah, not happening. :ROFLMAO:

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/mystwood...-exoplast-feat-obsidian01.75773/#post-5227275
i think people who use the debug console ,should know at first what they do , and complain about broken saves or w/e
greetings
Take a look back in this thread and you will find a few that have used that mod and found it breaks the game, unless he has fixed it, like I said I'm not complaining about the mod just the debug key
As for facepalming them, yes do that. But realise you have just given a kid the key to entire sweetshop and said don't go in there and don't touch the sweets.
We have experience of this with Man of the House, despite the big red letter warning of don't go into the debug console and change the flags unless instructed to do so by a member of the dev team, guess what they did anyway and 50% of that thread is us looking at saves that have been altered and telling them they broke it.
But it's the time either I or one of my colleagues will take trying to track down what is wrong thinking it's a genuine bug, and then finding that they have used the debug console
We like to think we are good at what we do offering our help to anyone here that can't get the game to work or helping them if they're stuck or even repairing genuine bugs in the game so people can play but, to be honest, I don't like wasting my time either.
All I ask is don't share the debug key, because like I said if they break it we will refer them to you to fix it, and then you can facepalm the hell out of them even though you gave them access to it

JDMARS1911

Mar 21, 2020
A very nice game but unfortunately had to stop at one point cause the animations weren't working anymore due to format incompatibility on OSX. An OSX version would be very nice. And I'm sure some people here have the abilities to make it real. Tx

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
A very nice game but unfortunately had to stop at one point cause the animations weren't working anymore due to format incompatibility on OSX. An OSX version would be very nice. And I'm sure some people here have the abilities to make it real. Tx
That won't be available until sometime around completion of the game, around the time for its release on Steam. So for the time being, you'll either have to play through Wine or a VM.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Take a look back in this thread and you will find a few that have used that mod and found it breaks the game, unless he has fixed it, like I said I'm not complaining about the mod just the debug key
As for facepalming them, yes do that. But realise you have just given a kid the key to entire sweetshop and said don't go in there and don't touch the sweets.
We have experience of this with Man of the House, despite the big red letter warning of don't go into the debug console and change the flags unless instructed to do so by a member of the dev team, guess what they did anyway and 50% of that thread is us looking at saves that have been altered and telling them they broke it.
But it's the time either I or one of my colleagues will take trying to track down what is wrong thinking it's a genuine bug, and then finding that they have used the debug console
We like to think we are good at what we do offering our help to anyone here that can't get the game to work or helping them if they're stuck or even repairing genuine bugs in the game so people can play but, to be honest, I don't like wasting my time either.
All I ask is don't share the debug key, because like I said if they break it we will refer them to you to fix it, and then you can facepalm the hell out of them even though you gave them access to it
slightly higher exp gain

replace assembly-csharp.dll(Mystwood Manor v0.5.0\Mystwood Manor_Data\Managed)
with attached file
make backup first
edited
there ya go ...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
greetings
You're only seeing a portion of what we're seeing on Discord when they complain their game is broke due to using the cheat mod. And just like on here, we turn them away if they're using it.

As we've said... many times before... there is a full key included in the game that allows players to access the cheat menu to their hearts desire. I have no idea how that could even remotely be difficult to understand. There is absolutely no reason anyone outside the testers group needs access to the debugger console. It's. Not. A. Cheat. Misuse of the debugger will cause problems in the game, but yet.. here we are.. having to constantly remind people that we will not support its use.

4.00 star(s) 237 Votes