botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I'd be thankful if anybody could upload the walkthrough NOT on zippyfiles? Those fucks still block German IPs and the suggested solutions never work for me (googleservers etc..).

Aug 17, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for v0.14 Compressed + Lain's Mod :

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Last edited:

Evans15

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2017
Agreed on no voice acting, but for a different reason, voices tend to be heavy files, the game is already sitting at 2gb, it doesn't need to increase to 4 gb for something most gamers of these types of games mute.

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Agreed on no voice acting, but for a different reason, voices tend to be heavy files, the game is already sitting at 2gb, it doesn't need to increase to 4 gb for something most gamers of these types of games mute.
True. For some of us on fixed incomes, we can't afford super-powered machines that have tons of memory and graphics. One of the reasons I'm here playing these games is that the minimum specs for the newer Witcher and Battletech games are too much for my humble little $500 Dell PC. :mad:

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
True. For some of us on fixed incomes, we can't afford super-powered machines that have tons of memory and graphics. One of the reasons I'm here playing these games is that the minimum specs for the newer Witcher and Battletech games are too much for my humble little $500 Dell PC. :mad:
Although you wouldn't need a high-end machine just to play a VN with voice acting, since it is just an audio file, it wouldn't be that much different from having some other background noise going on.

Totes agree, with both hard-drive space and focus on art assets, BUT don't disregard voice over just like that, many jap VN's feature voice acting, which for me is a nice touch, if I was given the choice, I would include it as an extra, like some optional Free-DLC, same for animations really, a good chunk of this game is video files, after all, I would even try and hire some pro jp adult voice actors for the deed :unsure:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Although you wouldn't need a high-end machine just to play a VN with voice acting, since it is just an audio file, it wouldn't be that much different from having some other background noise going on.

Totes agree, with both hard-drive space and focus on art assets, BUT don't disregard voice over just like that, many jap VN's feature voice acting, which for me is a nice touch, if I was given the choice, I would include it as an extra, like some optional Free-DLC, same for animations really, a good chunk of this game is video files, after all, I would even try and hire some pro jp adult voice actors for the deed :unsure:
Hahahaha! That's a good one. You just showed how much you know about how these things are made. No, there are no video files, it is using image pushes. For a game like this, voice acting, unless you are doing it yourself, is not cheap, especially if you hire pros and for a game like this would be a big chunk of space. I particularly love how you think anyone can just go hire a team of seiyu, especially for a 'free DLC'. :ROFLMAO:
Then you have to consider the extra production time...
300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
Good luck with that.

Reactions: Harem_Master

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I always mute the game sounds, maybe I will have one of the settings on a low level for some immersion but as far as voice acting goes I always prefer the voices I make up for the characters in my own head over the voice acting. The voices I made up myself are "perfect". Its what I think the characters would sound like, its a part of their identity. A voice actor can't duplicate the voices in my head. They council me, they understand, they talk to me. :devilish::eek:

Deimacos

Apr 5, 2018
Hahahaha! That's a good one. You just showed how much you know about how these things are made. No, there are no video files, it is using image pushes. For a game like this, voice acting, unless you are doing it yourself, is not cheap, especially if you hire pros and for a game like this would be a big chunk of space. I particularly love how you think anyone can just go hire a team of seiyu, especially for a 'free DLC'. :ROFLMAO:
Then you have to consider the extra production time...

Good luck with that.
And I love seeing how you seem to think you do :sneaky:, anyways I was just making an educated guess based on my experience with how other games are handling their stuff nowadays.

But yea, now that I take a good look at the files, this games does indeed use still images for its animations, which is even worse, since as it is now, every frame is stored in its entirety so to speak. I made a couple of tests and all of the animations I put into a video ended up being %60-70 less in size than the image sets that originally made that animation even after their compression to *.webp format, the only reason this game has to use still images is for controlling the framerate of some of them(the go faster or slower options), but I'm almost sure that that could be done by code using phyton with a video.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Angry
Reactions: TheDevian

wanlee

Apr 27, 2017
Can someone help me that I try to find Iris at Computer area in Libarary but she isnt there and she's always offline at night.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes