larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
This has been the trend with this developer for the past 3 years, around November / December things get wonky and they start throwing out excuses as to why there's a delay. Then continue to vanish for a month or two later come back with some excuse then maybe release something. I really enjoyed when this game was hitting a consistent 2-3 month release schedule.

The worst is that when we do get an update it's almost always around maybe 1 months worth of work compared to previous years. The lack of story progression is the worst part. At this point I don't believe the dev even has any direction for this game anymore.
It's a real shame though. I used to actually support a couple of games on Patreon. Few of which were actually worthwhile due to the regular updates they receive and completion (Good Girl Gone Bad). And then there were a couple others like Milfy City, and then Mythic Manor (both of which I canceled my support to after they've gotten inactive for 4-5 months). The copium was strong on these.

Although I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'll completely stop supporting developers on Patreon due to these bad apples, it does make me more unwilling to do so due to these couple of bad examples. Then again, it's a problem that occurs mainly due to them being games that are still under development, rather than it being a complete game release. More often than not, I do find myself paying way more for a game that is still under development over the course of time (it could take years for completion) on Patreon than I would on a fully release AAA game elsewhere, which makes me wonder if it was even worth it. Maybe this system is where the problem lies. That and that these folks on Patreon are mostly just part-time developers.

*Edit: I also think it's a joke that someone would actually come here and post Wallpaper Codes that exists for a 'later version' of the game which we have never seen. It seems more like a desperate attempt at trying to keep people from pulling their support on the devs by 'promising' that a content is actually in place for the later version (in this case the wallpaper). It's a classic milking tactic that most people who really like the game would willingly fall for unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

DevEri

Apr 18, 2021
Hi everyone, the website is now up again! Apologies for the inconvenience. We ran into some issues with our website, so it was down for a bit, along with our contact email. It should all be fine now. v0.20 is veryyy close and will be coming out in a few weeks in March!

(c)Reiralie discord

Last edited:

aslevjal

Jul 5, 2017
Hi everyone, the website is now up again! Apologies for the inconvenience. We ran into some issues with our website, so it was down for a bit, along with our contact email. It should all be fine now. v0.20 is veryyy close and will be coming out in a few weeks in March!
(c)Reiralie discord
OH NO, it means it would only be 8 months. The baby should be born in 1 more month, it's too soon. The dev should wait a little more :geek:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The android dl links are all filled to the brim with malware, just link to the Itch.io page lmao
You could try playing the PC version with Joiplay. It's kind of a crapshoot though, some versions work better than others. I don't play games on phones though, so don't have any first hand exp.

Tekoki-hime

Jan 29, 2018
It's a real shame though. I used to actually support a couple of games on Patreon. Few of which were actually worthwhile due to the regular updates they receive and completion (Good Girl Gone Bad). And then there were a couple others like Milfy City, and then Mythic Manor (both of which I canceled my support to after they've gotten inactive for 4-5 months). The copium was strong on these.

Although I wouldn't go as far as to say that I'll completely stop supporting developers on Patreon due to these bad apples, it does make me more unwilling to do so due to these couple of bad examples. Then again, it's a problem that occurs mainly due to them being games that are still under development, rather than it being a complete game release. More often than not, I do find myself paying way more for a game that is still under development over the course of time (it could take years for completion) on Patreon than I would on a fully release AAA game elsewhere, which makes me wonder if it was even worth it. Maybe this system is where the problem lies. That and that these folks on Patreon are mostly just part-time developers.

*Edit: I also think it's a joke that someone would actually come here and post Wallpaper Codes that exists for a 'later version' of the game which we have never seen. It seems more like a desperate attempt at trying to keep people from pulling their support on the devs by 'promising' that a content is actually in place for the later version (in this case the wallpaper). It's a classic milking tactic that most people who really like the game would willingly fall for unfortunately.
This is why it's hard for me to justify donating to these games when this sort of thing happens frequently. Dev makes a game with potential and launches a Patreon. Updates come out frequently at first but then begin to slow down and start lacking content. Eventually, the dev realizes they're in way over their head and abandons the project, or they don't officially cancel but still take your money every month. Even worse are the ones that adopt the Star Citizen method of game development and will keep the game in active development for years, racking the Patreon money. Looking at you Yandere Simulator.

fozfoz

Jan 24, 2019
Game seems to be following so many others with the slow down in development and eventual crawl to milk their patreons. Hope this game isnt going that way, but have seen the slow down and reduction in size of updates. Hopefully this next update will have a decent amount of content and wont have to wait too long till the following one. Especially since i think this game is one of the better ones on the site. Was interested to see where the story line was going to go and how he broadened the story.

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
Damn, so I got a new pc and thought I transfered all my renpy files, take a wild guess of which one I forgot. And the hard drive it's currently on is being silly and I gotta pay 900 to get it recovered. I am experiencing so much pain and agony rn

I feel I should clarify I was only able to transfer 1/3 of my renpy files, and I had a bunch. I would be chill with starting a new game if it was only like 2 or 3 games, but it's not. so pained rn

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Damn, so I got a new pc and thought I transfered all my renpy files, take a wild guess of which one I forgot. And the hard drive it's currently on is being silly and I gotta pay 900 to get it recovered. I am experiencing so much pain and agony rn

I feel I should clarify I was only able to transfer 1/3 of my renpy files, and I had a bunch. I would be chill with starting a new game if it was only like 2 or 3 games, but it's not. so pained rn
Just download a data recovery program. There are some free ones out there that are not too bad. Ad long as you can access the drive at all, it should work ...mostly.

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
Roblox? :LUL:

But seriously, if you need a save file I bet there's plenty of people willing to share theirs. Or you could start over and reach 100% completion before the next patch drops, since... y'know.
But it's not mine, I was emotionally invested in the riveting journey of Leviticus Cornwall. Ass Muncher 420 just isn't the same. but nah it was my fuck up so I'll just push through and start anew

T1NKYW1NKY

Nov 25, 2020
But it's not mine, I was emotionally invested in the riveting journey of Leviticus Cornwall. Ass Muncher 420 just isn't the same. but nah it was my fuck up so I'll just push through and start anew
Thanks for giving me a name idea for an NPC that worships a corn deity in my DnD game. The mortals shall revere the great Maize Messiah Leviticus Cornwall.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Thanks for giving me a name idea for an NPC that worships a corn deity in my DnD game. The mortals shall revere the great Maize Messiah Leviticus Cornwall.
Heads up, depending on your players' video game history, they might not think "what a random, silly name" but "why is our DM stealing bad guy names from Read Dead Redemption 2?"

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian
4.50 star(s) 189 Votes