TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, I worry you're right. Those earnings don't necessarily reflect someone living high on the hog or anything, of course. They have a team, although I have no idea how many are on it. If there were 10 developers, that's $10k/month/team member (not accounting for Patreon taking their share, ofc). But if they also live somewhere expensive, that becomes worth a lot less. Let's say they lived in San Francisco. The average earnings there are around $90k/year, so typical earnings are $7500/month. This game would therefore pull in 80% of the average income there for each team member each month. That means you have to cut things in order just to survive with local cost of living.

All of this said, however, I highly doubt any (or certainly not all) of them live somewhere that expensive, and there very likely aren't 10 people on the team. Additionally, if there were 10 people on the team, I would expect far more progress and more frequent updates, especially when you have single-developer games that have both. In summary, it feels like any way you slice it this isn't doing nearly as well as it probably should be. But since I have no idea what individuals are going through (they might all still work full-time jobs and so have limited time, for instance), it's hard to judge with any real reliability.
Not to mention all the taxes.

larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
$59,791 Fucking absurd how much that game makes on patreon alone. On topic, I boggles my mind on how Mythic Manor used to get updates every 2-3 months with hour long content drops. I have a sneaky suspicion that this update will not reflect 10 months of work.
That sum goes to the team. Not trying to speak up for the dev for this game here, but if I recall correctly, there are 2 people (supposedly) active in this project. Not to mention that this sum of money is the accumulation over months (or years), and is to be split between themselves. Some investments are to be made even when making a renpy game as well.

If they're taking this to be a full time job, then the amount they get each month isn't that much (around $1k per pax min). From the looks of how things have been playing out for almost the past year (as well as from their Patreon goals), it seems like they're doing this as a full time job, and are using most of their free time not on developing the game, but for going on holidays or extended breaks (without much news most of the time) fueled by the Patreon subs. The updates they have been providing most certainly does not justify or conform to their goals. Taking a look at their Patreon page, the Patreons have literally only been paying for 'Monthly Arts' (my word that's some expensive art!) and sorry excuses from the devs.

Reactions: torresm

Pepe_the_frog

Oct 7, 2018
With the tragic loss of Leviticus Cornwall (may he rest in peace) I am taking name suggestions for my new journey in this janky mess of a game that we so dearly love.

Go ham with it, I'll update you guys on which one I picked when the next update drops, so in about 2 or 3 months

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
With the tragic loss of Leviticus Cornwall (may he rest in peace) I am taking name suggestions for my new journey in this janky mess of a game that we so dearly love.

Go ham with it, I'll update you guys on which one I picked when the next update drops, so in about 2 or 3 months
Fluffy Butterbutt
Sniffy Butts (Jade fans?)
Cam Shows
Boffy Milfington
Ivan Ascratchingpost
Hodag Indahowce
Figitt Spinner
Cooitt Bugginme
Eager Elfsnogger
Fappy Spankmaster
Chewwee Muffdiver
Scruffy Crumplebottom
Paul Mykok (from The Headmaster)
Hancock Cumineye

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
I legit dont understand why he cant just concentrate on the 5 main girl instead of keep creating so many side girl for, i just want to see Nefari again, and its like almost 1 year already since last update, wth is going on in these dev's head.
Typically most devs here do not have a plan on how to move forward long term and only wing it each time. Patron polls nearly always show signs of no true plan forward to an end. Several are writing as they go, which can end up with a mess of confusion.

High enough patrons also get "specials" made which delays the game more. Very few actively focus, finish, and start a new one.
Also once a game goes past 2 years in development, unless it is nearing completion... don't expect it to complete due to the developer actually just growing tired of the project.

Reactions: BallerTime

Kiss_69

Oct 2, 2021
Patron monthly wallpapers (enter these codes in the Code Input app on your PC to unlock):
Wallpaper Codes 2022 - 2023

0.19+
January 2022 (Astrid) - officernaughty
February 2022 (Fanora and Francene) - forestababes
March 2022 (Esther) - juicymelons
April 2022 (Velle) - sexibunni
May 2022 (Naira) - nymphluv
June 2022 (Jade) - beachbone
0.20+
July 2022 (Club Girls: Chel and Ivy) - mythbabez
August 2022 (Nefari) - wetbooty
September 2022 (Velle) - demonicbabe
October 2022 (Naira and Jade) - hallohotties
November 2022 (Esther) - stuffingtime
December 2022 (Nefari) - xtrahott
January 2023 (Manor Girls) - 2023beauties
February 2023 (Iris) - lewdtattoo
*NEW* March 2023 (Jade) - leashlove

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Lance Hardwood (totally not borrowed from HIMYM)
Baron von Fluffington Esquire

That's all that comes to mind right now. I don't remember if the game has a character limit for the name.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
April 1
"Hey everyone, this is the final update before the release of v0.20.

We are finally in the last stages of development, which involves fine tuning, testing, etc. We anticipate the upcoming version to be released in a week's time (give or take a few days). "

Two Weeks Later...
There's a typo at the end, what they really meant was "give or take a few months"

4.50 star(s) 188 Votes