larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
Well, so much for you naysayers!
Content seems underwhelming (at the very least, from the changelog posted on Patreon) for the wait folks had been put through. Only 2 main girls with new content, with the rest being unmemorable chicks (save for one or two) that are easily forgotten. Though it seems like they've expanded the map area.

May 11, 2022
Content seems underwhelming (at the very least, from the changelog posted on Patreon) for the wait folks had been put through. Only 2 main girls with new content, with the rest being unmemorable chicks (save for one or two) that are easily forgotten. Though it seems like they've expanded the map area.
Underwhelming disappointing updates have been the norm for quite some time now, and not only for this game, but all the other great projects too. Feels like I became a degenerate coomer at the wrong time: Mythic Manor, Harem Hotel, Amity Park, BT: The Manor, Innocent Witches.. All big projects which have made it pretty far, where development has slowed to a grinding halt, seemingly letting greed get in the way of actually finishing a project. It's such a shame that these projects are going to die.

Reactions: larrylaile1
Feb 14, 2022
This has been my biggest problem with so many popular titles as of late. This game has been in development at least 4 and a half years. So many developers don't understand how to properly create a roadmap on scheduling, because they end up getting comfortable collecting Patreon dollars from people dragging it out ad infinitum. This is one of my favorite games so far, but it was a terrible feeling when I saw the 6 month updates paired with the choice of re-doing scenes. At this rate they'll be re-oing things they re-did.

Kosten07

May 15, 2017
Underwhelming disappointing updates have been the norm for quite some time now, and not only for this game, but all the other great projects too. Feels like I became a degenerate coomer at the wrong time: Mythic Manor, Harem Hotel, Amity Park, BT: The Manor, Innocent Witches.. All big projects which have made it pretty far, where development has slowed to a grinding halt, seemingly letting greed get in the way of actually finishing a project. It's such a shame that these projects are going to die.
Gah, I thought it was just me thinking the same thing. Those are all on my watch list as well. At least we still have the Headmaster.

Reactions: stevejerks

JustAlexKing

May 28, 2022
I saw their Patreon update page, glad Jikei didnt abandon the game but like... i dont see any new content for nefari in the dev update post ... that is a bit dissapointed, even some side girl gets new content, but not my mythic egypt neko girl.

Malachite1789

Dec 25, 2019
I saw their Patreon update page, glad Jikei didnt abandon the game but like... i dont see any new content for nefari in the dev update post ... that is a bit dissapointed, even some side girl gets new content, but not my mythic egypt neko girl.
That's the trouble with games with a lot of LI's and side girls, people will always want more of their favourite girl and be disappointed when the dont get any in an update. ( Me included I wanna see more jade but i will be patient.)

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
She's my fav, or tied for fav, but to be honest she got a crapload of content recently and, unless he's going to abandon the other girls, they've got to get some screen time as well. I haven't played it yet so don't really know who does (NO SPOILERS) but I'll just keep playing until it's her turn again! :love:

Reactions: larrylaile1

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
To be fair, she got half an update, all to herself not that long ago, it's only fair to let some of the others have a turn.

Though, that said, I do wish it was more like Harem Hotel does, where all the main girls get at least one story update each update*, but it is what it is...

*Next update will be a rare exception to that rule.

Reactions: Pepe_the_frog

larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
Speaking of main girls, when will Velle get another update? It feels like her story hasn't advanced all that much if at all in these recent updates. I swear we've been stuck on the club for over 2 years
Agreed. And I think Esther lacks updates as well. Thing is; Jikei keeps branching out to so many side chicks and partially neglects the main girls. I think we can all agree that when we first came upon this game, it was the mainly the main girls that attracted us to keep coming back (back when side girls were scarcely a thing). It seems Jikei has lost the plot and keeps veering off track.

Net-Bunny

Feb 29, 2020
Personally, this sounds like quite a sizeable update. It includes main events for Fanora and Velle along with new events for Iris, Astrid, Vana, Miya "and more". We're also getting a new side character in the form of Francene (Fanora's elven nanny) as well as "several new accessible areas" like Beatrix's house. The post also says they will share details on even more events once the update is actually available. That's a minimum of seven characters getting new events (probably more), several new areas to explore, and more that is yet to be revealed.

I am a fan of Esther as well, but Velle was slightly more deserving of getting some new updates. Fanora is getting a bit too much love currently, but they probably prioritized her in order to progress her story far enough to get Francene added as a new side character. I would have loved to see Beatrix added as a side character, but at least we'll now have the option of visiting her. Also, I am overjoyed to be getting more Iris content as she has definitely become my favorite of the side characters. I'm really digging Vana, too, so I'm glad she'll be featured as well. All in all, this new update checks a lot of boxes for me. Sorry to hear it isn't doing the same for some of you.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes