VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Akabakka

Jul 12, 2023
That was a pretty solid and interesting start . Well written and with interesting characters , to say the least . I have a minor nitpick however ... i mostly played the female MC so far , and something bugs me a little bit with the art wfrom some of her scenes .

I play on a laptop currently mind you , so sometimes in her sex scenes , when she shut her eyes , her mascara/eyeliner/whatever on her lids , make her her a bit weird . As if she got some blank "i'm possessed" white eyes , instead of just it being makeup

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
That was a pretty solid and interesting start . Well written and with interesting characters , to say the least . I have a minor nitpick however ... i mostly played the female MC so far , and something bugs me a little bit with the art wfrom some of her scenes .

I play on a laptop currently mind you , so sometimes in her sex scenes , when she shut her eyes , her mascara/eyeliner/whatever on her lids , make her her a bit weird . As if she got some blank "i'm possessed" white eyes , instead of just it being makeup
Yeah, the eyeliner issue is something I only really picked up on after a while of doing renders. I think it's the result of this eyeliner style not translating well into an asset when the eyelid textures are "stretched" to be closed:

1693234726880.png

Between Book One (which is almost over) and Book Two, I plan on doing a little bit of overhaul to all the characters (who survive) now that I've learned how to better use Daz. You can probably see that some of the characters who appear later in the game look far better than the ones from Chapter One, since I've been learning how to make the game as I'm making it.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Yeah, the eyeliner issue is something I only really picked up on after a while of doing renders. I think it's the result of this eyeliner style not translating well into an asset when the eyelid textures are "stretched" to be closed:

View attachment 2885299

Between Book One (which is almost over) and Book Two, I plan on doing a little bit of overhaul to all the characters (who survive) now that I've learned how to better use Daz. You can probably see that some of the characters who appear later in the game look far better than the ones from Chapter One, since I've been learning how to make the game as I'm making it.
I don't remember but did you find out how all female faces changed from chapter 2 to 3 ? I recall you said because of some parameters in Daz who got fucked by an update but I dunno if you managed to find which one...

• Sad

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I disagree. I find that Tara is still the best looking girl in the story. :)
Aww! Tara was actually the first of the girls I made in Daz! I'm glad she didn't turn out awful.

I don't remember but did you find out how all female faces changed from chapter 2 to 3 ? I recall you said because of some parameters in Daz who got fucked by an update but I dunno if you managed to find which one...
I can not figure it out! I actually went line by line through all of the "currently used" parameters, and even made sure I could see hidden parameters (why do we even have hidden parameters?) and nothing I did could undo the girls back to how they looked in Chapter One. Much frustrate.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Aww! Tara was actually the first of the girls I made in Daz! I'm glad she didn't turn out awful.

I can not figure it out! I actually went line by line through all of the "currently used" parameters, and even made sure I could see hidden parameters (why do we even have hidden parameters?) and nothing I did could undo the girls back to how they looked in Chapter One. Much frustrate.
Well shit... :cry: hidden parameters are a way for the universe to insert some chaos in the world... but that's too much.
You sure B did not screw around with your setup ?

And yes, Tara is sight for sore eyes ; she's great in every aspects :giggle:

• Red Heart

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Between Book One (which is almost over) and Book Two, I plan on doing a little bit of overhaul to all the characters (who survive)
Why do I feel that in the end only the MC will survive? (Sorry, I don't trust writers since the Red Wedding.)
Plus, I thought I was hard to surprise, and then this happened:

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Who ever says the MC will survive?
HA! HA! HA! (Nine of Swords evil laugh :))
Nine says.

She admitted at one point that Book Two is probably going to have the same MC. So presumably they'd have to survive.

Unless we get to play Book Two as a ghost!

Why do I feel that in the end only the MC will survive? (Sorry, I don't trust writers since the Red Wedding.)
I feel like most of the random NPCs and love interests will survive. My assumption is that the only ones who won't survive are the actual killer and Lisa's ghost.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Nine says.

She admitted at one point that Book Two is probably going to have the same MC. So presumably they'd have to survive.

Unless we get to play Book Two as a ghost!

I feel like most of the random NPCs and love interests will survive. My assumption is that the only ones who won't survive are the actual killer and Lisa's ghost.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes