VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes
Apr 29, 2021
I really would like for my thread to keep being the place for nice people and kindness! I know I'm not a mod or anything, but as a favour to me I'd love for you all to stay cool with each other. :)

In game news, though:

View attachment 3134103

Weekly Update - December 1st, 2023
This place seems familiar, but... not quite?

This gives more so the reason to go for more replays of the game as surely there's this feeling that there might be a clue missed and it's kinda amusing that even so near the conclusion feeling kinda clueless about how the game is really going to conclude so many questions lol, though every playthrough of this game kinda reinforces this fact of how well made this game has been which gives nothing away but still provides clues right under your eyes, seemingly like a fun challenge perhaps. It is certainly interesting how it proceeds further of what already has been a piece of art in the genre of thriller and mystery.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
This gives more so the reason to go for more replays of the game as surely there's this feeling that there might be a clue missed and it's kinda amusing that even so near the conclusion feeling kinda clueless about how the game is really going to conclude so many questions lol, though every playthrough of this game kinda reinforces this fact of how well made this game has been which gives nothing away but still provides clues right under your eyes, seemingly like a fun challenge perhaps. It is certainly interesting how it proceeds further of what already has been a piece of art in the genre of thriller and mystery.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)
I'm 100% sure I'm as observant of blatant clues as I was for Sixth Sense ...

... that said, I'm going to finish first before replaying.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 3156102

Weekly Update - December 8th, 2023

I'm not gonna give a release date, but... y'all should be ready, is all I'm sayin'.

Well, happy to read that the cat won't be the MC of Mythos Book 2.
:)

But the truth is, I'm happy to see Kylie will come back as the MC (and her dude counterpart, but I don't have any interest in him).

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I’m dreading this weekend. I’m pretty sure I mention it every year, but I’ll do it again: I hate Christmas… or at least all the stress it brings.
But Christmas is a wonderful time! (No)
Especially when your girlfriend is full of motivational quotes (Which she thinks are motivational)
You can also drive on clear ice, in the pouring snow
("It's the best time to start! The lame stay at home, and the professionals have already been cut out of the wreckage by the firemen!")
You can hunt for parking spaces at shopping centres
("Hold on! Fight to the last bullet, to the last man!")
Hand-to hand combat while shopping
("Forward! Dogs, do you want to live forever?!")
You can give each other gifts
("If you have to fuck it up, fuck it up good...")
You can meet the family
("We'll do it!" said the horse to the ox, and they went into the slaughterhouse")
There is Christmas dinner, with obligatory consumption
("The Guard dies but does not surrender!")
And the best thing is that you spend the holiday of love together!
("If not to Heaven, then hand in hand to Hell")

I think there are no difficult situations, just weak sedatives. You survived Thanksgiving, you will survive this one.

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 3176537

Weekly Update - December 15th, 2023

The final beta has dropped... release date is coming supersoon!

I like how you often manage to show your state of mind in the weekly update render.
I think the one I like the most so far is the one you made for a convention, where you seem really uneasy while Morgana was totally excited. I swear I heard her screaming of screaming with excitement just by watching that render.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I like how you often manage to show your state of mind in the weekly update render.
I think the one I like the most so far is the one you made for a convention, where you seem really uneasy while Morgana was totally excited. I swear I heard her screaming of screaming with excitement just by watching that render.
I agree. I would like to see more often a picture of Nine not showing her "I'm very tense and uncomfortable" face. (Nine, I know, it's not easy when you're in that state. You can't take a positive picture of me either, but I look like an illustration of an encyclopaedia article "The Criminal".)
My personal favourites are the pictures that include Morgana. She somehow relieves the tension of the pic.
Really, Morgana, aka. Mystic Morgi, how did she get her name? :unsure: I mean to be, okay, Morgan le Fay, but she's not necessarily a positive character. (Says me, who named my girlfriend Skeeter after Ellie Mae Skaggs.)

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
My personal favourites are the pictures that include Morgana. She somehow relieves the tension of the pic.
Really, Morgana, aka. Mystic Morgi, how did she get her name? :unsure: I mean to be, okay, Morgan le Fay, but she's not necessarily a positive character. (Says me, who named my girlfriend Skeeter after Ellie Mae Skaggs.)
So I told Morgana that you liked the renders with her in them and she started cackling madly. I won't hear the end of this.

As for how she picked that name (it's not her real name), it wasn't anything terribly exciting. It basically came down to "this name sounds cool."

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you. Yes, I suspected that, I just overthought things. Le Fay is The Fairy in English, and you once mentioned that Morgana is not very tall. I thought that's where the name came from.
Oh, God... she'd never pick a nickname based on her height. If you even bring up her height to her she'll probably kick you.

Granted, she couldn't kick you very high, but still...

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
My lady has done that. Well, jumped on him and started punchin him. But in all fairness he pushed her and called her a midget. I pulled her off and then finished what she started. BTW, my lady is under 5 feet tall.
Morgana hasn't gotten that brutal with anybody, though it's certainly within her capacity. She's 4'10", so in the same boat as your girl!

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Morgana hasn't gotten that brutal with anybody, though it's certainly within her capacity. She's 4'10", so in the same boat as your girl!
Mine is a feisty af tomboy. She's been a fighter all her life. If he hadn't of pushed her, she probably would've just told him off for calling her midget. But putting his hands on her, yeah. That's not allowed. So, he paid for it twice. Once by her and once by me.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes