VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
View attachment 3116026

Weekly Update - November 24th, 2023
The Post-Thanksgiving Food Coma Update

Is it weird that I feel weird not feeling the need to make a heartfelt comment after reading the update?

Also, according to MatPat, food coma's are all in your mind. I know there was one in my mind after dinner yesterday ...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Also, according to MatPat, food coma's are all in your mind. I know there was one in my mind after dinner yesterday ...
It's possible that it's all in the mind, sure - but the particular tiredness that comes after a Thanksgiving dinner could also be social exhaustion from dining and conversing with more people than you typically would.

But, that's just a theory.

A food theory.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
It's possible that it's all in the mind, sure - but the particular tiredness that comes after a Thanksgiving dinner could also be social exhaustion from dining and conversing with more people than you typically would.

A food theory.
Not to mention the fact that turkey has a high level of l-tryptophan which is known to cause drowsiness.

• Thinking Face

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Not to mention the fact that turkey has a high level of l-tryptophan which is known to cause drowsiness.
People love blaming it on tryptophan, but it's generally pointed out that it's not enough of a dosage to really affect people all that obviously. The real culprit is that most people are eating like 2-3 times as much as they normally do. And possibly drinking on top of it.

It puts a ton of stress on your body. Trying to digest three meals worth of food all at once takes a lot out of you.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
People love blaming it on tryptophan, but it's generally pointed out that it's not enough of a dosage to really affect people all that obviously. The real culprit is that most people are eating like 2-3 times as much as they normally do. And possibly drinking on top of it.

It puts a ton of stress on your body. Trying to digest three meals worth of food all at once takes a lot out of you.
Not according to actual research. So, I'll stick to what science tells me.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

No Logic Brian Hull.gif

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Not according to actual research. So, I'll stick to what science tells me.
Like with a lot of science, it depends on which research you're paying attention to, and which you're choosing to ignore.

The main problem is that there isn't a huge amount of research on the subject. But the tryptophan theory is pretty well debunked at this point.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Like with a lot of science, it depends on which research you're paying attention to, and which you're choosing to ignore.

The main problem is that there isn't a huge amount of research on the subject. But the tryptophan theory is pretty well debunked at this point.
You're also forgetting that some people could be more susceptible to it. Not to mention drinking alcohol lowers your immunities. As for being debunked, it's not. So keep telling yourself that. You're basing your knowledge on a few theories. So, as I said, you keep believing what you want. This whole topic is OT and I'm done with it. Have an awesome day.

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021

A food theory.

Take your Logic and SHOVE IT because it don't work here no more!!!!!

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
This is the kinder, gentler, more sciency F95
I really would like for my thread to keep being the place for nice people and kindness! I know I'm not a mod or anything, but as a favour to me I'd love for you all to stay cool with each other. :)

In game news, though:

update20231201.jpg

Weekly Update - December 1st, 2023
This place seems familiar, but... not quite?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I really would like for my thread to keep being the place for nice people and kindness! I know I'm not a mod or anything, but as a favour to me I'd love for you all to stay cool with each other. :)

In game news, though:

View attachment 3134103

Can't wait to play it again, it will be fantastic to meet Kylie, Tara and all the girls once again after a long time. :giggle: :giggle:

• Red Heart

Clutchfrog

Jan 3, 2021

In game news, though:

View attachment 3134103

I cannot tell a lie, I am ALWAYS nice. (ok that was a lie)

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
I agree, I don't like online debates either. (It's frustrating not being able to knock the other side down when I'm running out of arguments.)

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes