Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I played this game a long time ago before it even had the append thing.

I played it again when I got my hands on the append thing.

I don't know Japanese, so I obviously understood fuck all for the most part, but I still greatly enjoyed the game. The art-style, the H-scenes, the content... It's all top notch. Beyond that though, the gameplay itself is fun, even if it's fairly simple. The game is genuinely not that hard if you're patient with it, and even in the original Japanese version, it told you when losing would lead to an H-scene or even an H-scene Bad End. It made it very easy to collect all the H-CGs. Though it was notably harder to get the True End when you didn't know what the heck anything was saying.

Now, I'm playing it again. Thanks a bunch Franticdispo for translating this. Given some of the content and whatnot, it was a near 100% certainty that Kagura was NOT going to pick this one up, ever. I still say that this is THE best game made by this circle. The Antidomi game which I hope you'll pick up as well eventually, due to similar reasons, is the only one that comes close, if only because the themes and scenes are super-hot, even if the gameplay is lacking.

Indeed, nothing that came after this game had much in the way of real, enjoyable gameplay. Though they do maintain the ability of letting you play with one hand only, on the mouse.

Either way. I love the translation. Already there's so much I've picked up that I missed when playing in JP. Some things I had guessed already, but some of them were impossible to guess. Like the incest. I thought that Tsukasa guy was a boyfriend/child-hood friend or something. I didn't realize he was Azusa's brother.

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Okay. I tend to do a lot of stupid things that most people wouldn't do and I end up finding glitches or bugs as a result. Outside of the shop menu, I'll put other stuff I find.

Also what is the sex level for? If you lose, does that go up? I'm already sad how I missed 3 hentai scenes already because I'm good at vidya games :')
No this is actually something a lot of people will encounter I think, so thank you for pointing it out. Turns out I had translated it before, but it got reverted back to Japanese because of the process in which I translated this game. I know the "なし" in Status is not translated, I found it as soon as I sent the request to F95 yesterday.

Sex level denotes how many time Nako, the main character, has engaged in sex. If you lose a battle that states you will engage in an H-scene in combat, that number will increase. If you have a sex level above 0 (a.k.a. you lose a battle with Nako that leads to an H-scene) then you are locked out of the true ending. In return, as the number goes up, the more sex scenes are accessible, as well as their retrospective H-endings.

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
I played this game a long time ago before it even had the append thing.

I played it again when I got my hands on the append thing.

I don't know Japanese, so I obviously understood fuck all for the most part, but I still greatly enjoyed the game. The art-style, the H-scenes, the content... It's all top notch. Beyond that though, the gameplay itself is fun, even if it's fairly simple. The game is genuinely not that hard if you're patient with it, and even in the original Japanese version, it told you when losing would lead to an H-scene or even an H-scene Bad End. It made it very easy to collect all the H-CGs. Though it was notably harder to get the True End when you didn't know what the heck anything was saying.

Now, I'm playing it again. Thanks a bunch Franticdispo for translating this. Given some of the content and whatnot, it was a near 100% certainty that Kagura was NOT going to pick this one up, ever. I still say that this is THE best game made by this circle. The Antidomi game which I hope you'll pick up as well eventually, due to similar reasons, is the only one that comes close, if only because the themes and scenes are super-hot, even if the gameplay is lacking.

Indeed, nothing that came after this game had much in the way of real, enjoyable gameplay. Though they do maintain the ability of letting you play with one hand only, on the mouse.

Either way. I love the translation. Already there's so much I've picked up that I missed when playing in JP. Some things I had guessed already, but some of them were impossible to guess. Like the incest. I thought that Tsukasa guy was a boyfriend/child-hood friend or something. I didn't realize he was Azusa's brother.
Interesting thing about Antidomi, I actually was going to translate it (alongside Maou Harem, or as Kagura has titled it, The Demon Lord is New in Town), but before I even attempt to dig into it I have to see what becomes of Nako in terms of whether it stays up or not. Antidomi has around 100 CG's in total on top of being in Unity, so in addition to Nako being a chance for me to try my own hand at editing images, it's also to see if I can even attempt to breach their more recent games in the first place.

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Ah nice, another Daijyobi lab game.

While I understand your point that the game isn't focused on these particular tags, in my opinion if the game contains content that matches a tag it should be applied. It just makes searching much easier for people looking for specific content.
I've been on both sides of that spectrum. Some games I've played, such as Zefira (at least I think that's the title I'm thinking about), had scenes of mind control that I was ecstatic about playing, but it ended up making up a small portion of the entire title. And while yes, I enjoyed the game in its entirety, I did want to see more of the mind control aspect since I searched specifically for that tag. Compare that to, say, Sonia and the Hypnotic City where the entirety of the game is the tag, it's a bit of a process for me whether to include tags or not since many translated games here seldom add every single tag to the genre list.

Since this was a bit of an experiment for me, what I could do is add tags to the main list, but also include whether they appear for very few scenes in the game so that those who search for the content know what they're getting into.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
My stance on the tagging thing is that if a game doesn't have a notable amount of scenes that are relevant to the tags, then the game should not have that tag to get it to pop up in searches.

If I'm going to be searching for games with tentacle content for example, then I sure as heck want more than one tentacle scene. Something like a minimum of 10% of the scenes. Ideally 20%. Should contain the tag for it to be relevant.

The only time I'd consider an exception is for tags that are very controversial and/or very difficult to find, and even then, I likely wouldn't tag a game with it. Like scat, I personally dislike that sort of content, but it doesn't bother me if a game has ONE scene with it and basically ONE CG image, because that's stuff that I can easily skip and doesn't detract from the rest of the game.

I can't say how other people think, but, on my end, I'm more ticked off when things are tagged with something, and then barely have any of that content, than not having something tagged, and getting a minor surprise with something I dislike. That sort of thing can be added in a description or something as a warning. And if people skip that? It's on them for being lazy.

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Nice I remember seeing this a while ago, didn't know there was a proper translation going on!

Oct 16, 2017
Shhhhh don't remind me of the impending doom of that, let me bask in my four months of work
Just a heads up if you don't know what they were talking about, this dev is xenophobic and notoriously aggressive about getting anything related to their work taken down. They more or less bullied ulmf into removing even discussion threads of their games (that didn't even have any mention of downloads).

But it's probably safe here on F95, doubt they care whether the dev likes it or not. :LOL:

Reactions: RTTrue

Franticdispo

Modder
Jun 15, 2018
Just a heads up if you don't know what they were talking about, this dev is xenophobic and notoriously aggressive about getting anything related to their work taken down. They more or less bullied ulmf into removing even discussion threads of their games (that didn't even have any mention of downloads).

But it's probably safe here on F95, doubt they care whether the dev likes it or not. :LOL:
Yep, I'm aware of the taking down of stuff, didn't know about the xenophobic part. I'm a little skeptical of this thread's safety since they ended up taking down MTL's of games such as Antidomi on this site, though that was a very recent title. I'm hoping there's a bit of understanding at least considering this is an almost four year title of theirs which they've stated didn't do as well as they thought it would. That, or it lays low enough for them to pass it by.

Also if you're somehow reading this Daijyobi Laboratory, I'm a huge fan of your work!

Oct 16, 2017
Yep, I'm aware of the taking down of stuff, didn't know about the xenophobic part.
Well, I could be wrong on that, but it certainly seemed that way back when Yugi and I tried to make a partial for one of their games. From what the ulmf mods said (assuming I remember correctly, lol), he was downright hostile towards them.

4.20 star(s) 11 Votes