BgCntry89

Feb 9, 2020
I just downloaded the newest version and I got this message when trying to open it:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Line with id quest1_event1_399ab2b6 appeared twice, at game/Quests/main_quests.rpy:15 and game/quests.rpy:15.
Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
Exception: Line with id quest1_event1_399ab2b6 appeared twice, at game/Quests/main_quests.rpy:15 and game/quests.rpy:15.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Nanoverse Build-6
Fri Jun 16 15:11:42 2023

Coaldy

Jan 21, 2018
Bug report:
The Deep-thr skill (second to top) , left column, on the right-most page.
I bought it and it gave me the option for ass actions.
I noticed that late and at that point i hoped that it was just reversed (criss-crossed) with the actual ass skill (second to top), middle column, right-most page. Unlocked that one also, nothing happened, just "double unlock".

Is there a way to rescue/fix the save? Or is it game/py related?

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
I just downloaded the newest version and I got this message when trying to open it:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "C:\Users\revej\Documents\Games\Nanoverse\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Nanoverse Build-6
Fri Jun 16 15:11:42 2023
This should not happen. Try deleting all .rpyc files from the main folder of the game, see if it helps.

Reactions: BgCntry89

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Bug report:
The Deep-thr skill (second to top) , left column, on the right-most page.
I bought it and it gave me the option for ass actions.
I noticed that late and at that point i hoped that it was just reversed (criss-crossed) with the actual ass skill (second to top), middle column, right-most page. Unlocked that one also, nothing happened, just "double unlock".

Is there a way to rescue/fix the save? Or is it game/py related?
Sorry for the bug. I will make a quick fix tomorrow. You would have to edit variables inside renpy. all variables related to skill tree start with the skill_fem_x_y where x is the branch and y is the skill. for example skill_fem_5_1 is the first skill in sex branch.

Senor Smut

Aug 11, 2020
The day counter stays on the same number?
I'm having the same problem. I'm at home, 0% energy, and the Next Day button is inert. No day advance, no replenishment of energy.

ETA: Upon further investigation, all the buttons on the left panel are inert: Expenses, Skill Tree, and Quest Log cannot be activated.

ETA 2: A new start seems to have fixed it for the moment.

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I think I hit the end of the current content, I got hired as a maid but could not find any way to actual go there and work.

Mostly my thoughts are the same as they was before that I already said. I will say knowing how to get a job right off helped a lot with the grind, but their is still a fair amount of having to repeat a lot of the same conversations with people over and over to earn xp to unlock new skills.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
I think I hit the end of the current content, I got hired as a maid but could not find any way to actual go there and work.

Mostly my thoughts are the same as they was before that I already said. I will say knowing how to get a job right off helped a lot with the grind, but their is still a fair amount of having to repeat a lot of the same conversations with people over and over to earn xp to unlock new skills.
Congrats on getting hired, did you like the maid outfit? Yes, that's the end of story content for this update. That's where the game will actually begin. Build 7 will take care of threat mechanic, non linear quests and fully functional mission room.

Thanks for the feedback. I think the grind will gradually reduce as new content is added. For now there is imbalance towards the skills meaning you have way more skills than stuff to do, but that will change. The other day I counted how much experience will all quests planned for the game give and it will be around 50 levels. And that's just for quests.

Let me know if you have so ideas for reducing grind, especially if there is imbalance. For example if some skills give way too much or not enough exp. Some time in the future a cheat menu will be added too.

Last edited:

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
I'm having the same problem. I'm at home, 0% energy, and the Next Day button is inert. No day advance, no replenishment of energy.

ETA: Upon further investigation, all the buttons on the left panel are inert: Expenses, Skill Tree, and Quest Log cannot be activated.

ETA 2: A new start seems to have fixed it for the moment.
I think I know what is the reason. Try clicking it when you are just in the main map. Let me know if it helps.

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Looks like the menu issue caused by excessive font size hasn't been addressed in the update so the change below is still needed in order to make the menu function properly.

I would also recommend reducing the text size for the main menu, as the current size of 80 causes the menu options to overlap each other as below, Quit button becomes almost unusable, whereas with the font size is 48 everything looks fine and usable. In screens.rpy:

Python:
style navigation_button_text:
    properties gui.button_text_properties("navigation_button")
    font "fonts/BigShouldersStencilText-Regular.ttf"
    line_spacing 28
    # size 80
    size 48

style navigation_start_button_text:
    font "fonts/BigShouldersStencilText-Regular.ttf"
    color "#FF4B2B"
    line_spacing 28
    # size 80
    size 48
    hover_color "#FD7860"
I'm also getting a script error because the file Events/home/masturbation/M00.png doesn't exist. It's a JPEG file (M00.jpg), not PNG. The game also want to show this image whenever it returns to map view cause there's no instruction to 'hide' it once it's been shown. If you have saved the game after the first masturbation event where this image was shown then the image will keep popping up every time you go back to the map screen, the only way to save that save is to hide the image manually by using the console (copy and paste this into the console -> hide image("Events/home/masturbation/M00.png") onlayer scene_image ).

Edit: Similar script error with events/richneighborhood/blaise/dinner.png. The image is JPEG, not PNG.

Last edited:

Arkady

May 15, 2018
That's a Russian (?) model that has done some work under the name "Tanya Frost". Well, unless somebody else decided to get the exact same "Crede in te" tattoo with the exact same stupidly stylized couldn't tell it's an 'e' if you didn't know at the end.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Congrats on getting hired, did you like the maid outfit? Yes, that's the end of story content for this update. That's where the game will actually begin. Build 7 will take care of threat mechanic, non linear quests and fully functional mission room.

Thanks for the feedback. I think the grind will gradually reduce as new content is added. For now there is imbalance towards the skills meaning you have way more skills than stuff to do, but that will change. The other day I counted how much experience will all quests planned for the game give and it will be around 50 levels. And that's just for quests.

Let me know if you have so ideas for reducing grind, especially if there is imbalance. For example if some skills give way too much or not enough exp. Some time in the future a cheat menu will be added too.
Well just so you know exactly what I mean by grind, I will give you a example. Right now with the number of NPC's and number of topics to talk to them. You end up talking to the same NPC's having the same conversations to earn enough xp to unlock new skills.

So you either need each NPC to have about I would say 3 times the number of things to talk about at each stage or need about 3 times the number of NPC's.

Or in some cases they have limited conversation, like the girl that works at the restaurant. You have to first get the depraved skill to even talk more to her, then you have the same conversation about her BF over and over about 6 times if I recall till her friendship is high enough you can talk her into letting you take on a shift to spy on the family.

That is what I am referring to as a grind, doing the exact same thing with the exact same NPC's over and over. I understand that to a point, as it is hard to completely avoid that in a game. But thought I would let you know right now, there is a fair bit of it.

I agree as the game gets developed that will be less of a issue, the big one is lack of NPC's and or dialogue. I think there is 9 NPC's other than the family. 3 of them only have one dialogue you have to repeat pretty much, 3 only unlocks after you get depraved or submissive unlocked first. 2 with limited dialogue tree's. Really just the guy and girl in the pub have a fair amount of dialogue and even then you end up repeating them right now to get the xp you need to unlock the skill points.

If all the NPC's had the full dialogue tree's like those two had it would help a lot but not fix the issue I feel but hard to say with out seeing it.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Well just so you know exactly what I mean by grind, I will give you a example. Right now with the number of NPC's and number of topics to talk to them. You end up talking to the same NPC's having the same conversations to earn enough xp to unlock new skills.

So you either need each NPC to have about I would say 3 times the number of things to talk about at each stage or need about 3 times the number of NPC's.

Or in some cases they have limited conversation, like the girl that works at the restaurant. You have to first get the depraved skill to even talk more to her, then you have the same conversation about her BF over and over about 6 times if I recall till her friendship is high enough you can talk her into letting you take on a shift to spy on the family.

That is what I am referring to as a grind, doing the exact same thing with the exact same NPC's over and over. I understand that to a point, as it is hard to completely avoid that in a game. But thought I would let you know right now, there is a fair bit of it.

I agree as the game gets developed that will be less of a issue, the big one is lack of NPC's and or dialogue. I think there is 9 NPC's other than the family. 3 of them only have one dialogue you have to repeat pretty much, 3 only unlocks after you get depraved or submissive unlocked first. 2 with limited dialogue tree's. Really just the guy and girl in the pub have a fair amount of dialogue and even then you end up repeating them right now to get the xp you need to unlock the skill points.

If all the NPC's had the full dialogue tree's like those two had it would help a lot but not fix the issue I feel but hard to say with out seeing it.
Thanks for explaining it, I agree fully with you. I'm afraid this will improve just with time. With each build I am aiming for 3 things.
1. Develop quests, this will get much more clear with build 7.
2. Develop core mechanics and world, npc options and world, for example each npc will have full dialogue options and different relationship types, and location will have variety of actions. This will be done gradually, together with skills.
3. Improve existing systems, fix bugs, improve visuals.

I wonder about quest with Karla, it should take about 3 conversations to convince her to let you work the shift. Ideally 3 different ones. I'll check it out. Thanks again for the great feedback, it helps a lot.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Looks like the menu issue caused by excessive font size hasn't been addressed in the update so the change below is still needed in order to make the menu function properly.

I'm also getting a script error because the file Events/home/masturbation/M00.png doesn't exist. It's a JPEG file (M00.jpg), not PNG. The game also want to show this image whenever it returns to map view cause there's no instruction to 'hide' it once it's been shown. If you have saved the game after the first masturbation event where this image was shown then the image will keep popping up every time you go back to the map screen, the only way to save that save is to hide the image manually by using the console (copy and paste this into the console -> hide image("Events/home/masturbation/M00.png") onlayer scene_image ).

Edit: Similar script error with events/richneighborhood/blaise/dinner.png. The image is JPEG, not PNG.
Thanks for catching it, I will address this issue with a fix.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes