JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Yes it will be caused by using save with wrong values, so what do i have to overwrite ?
It shows at every location.
I think that the easiest solution(besides lunching new game, sorry for that) would be to set the values to a certain stage you want your char to be in. For example, if you want to restart the plot from Q2:

Set variables to these values

#previous quest in chain to finished
quest1_complete =1
#Quest to active but unfinished(value 2 means not active)
quest2_complete =0
#all objectives of that quest to unfinished stage
quest2_obj0 = 0
quest2_obj1 = 0
quest2_obj2 = 0
quest2_obj3 = 0
quest2_obj4 = 0
quest2_obj5 = 0
quest2_obj6 = 0

Same logic applies to q3.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MinkoSvk

Tanzie

Mar 10, 2019
Yes it will be caused by using save with wrong values, so what do i have to overwrite ?
It shows at every location.
In order to tell you what value you need to change, I need to know several things:

1. How did you fix the scripts? Have you overwritten the scripts with the ones I posted in a few posts above?
2. What is currently displayed in your quest log on the bottom left of the screen?
3. What is the current value of quest2_complete, quest3_complete?

If you are using the scripts I posted and still unable to see "Ask about Morgan." option in any location and with neither of the relevant NPCs then it means in your save file quest2_complete is not 0. Set it to 0 using the console quest2_complete = 0.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MinkoSvk

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
With first skill in career tree you can work at megacorp. I will introduce first work in the next build.
Thanks! I did manage to figure that part out. Honestly, it's a bit silly locking work behind a skill tree but that's just me.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Thanks! I did manage to figure that part out. Honestly, it's a bit silly locking work behind a skill tree but that's just me.
I fully agree. In the future I will get rid of begging for money and develop the working at megacorp route. For now it's just a temporary solution.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
sort of want cheats for skill points, though skill points do anything yet?
Yes, there are no pointless skills in the game. Each skill will always have an influence on the gameplay in some way or another. I will eventually add some sort of cheats to the game.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
OK I gave it a try and it is a very nice concept and all and all pretty decent but I have a few issues with it.
1) It gets very repetitive very fast. You have to grind the same encounters over and over and over to get xp or skill in a new skill to unlock new things. This game desperately needs many more options of things to do other than have the same conversations over and over with the same people.
2) You can't sleep in your bed, you have to go outside to skip to the next day. That is so weird and made my think the game was bugged because I kept trying to sleep in the home.
3) It honestly makes no sense you have to spend a skill point to be willing to get a job, when you are told during your briefing you will have to get a job. I would say to help people understand the system, give xp while doing the tutorial and at the end it gives you 1 point and then the game has you spend it on that skill so it is unlocked from the start and so it helps people understand the skill tree better.
4) I think it would be nice if during the start they have you take a personality test and then it unlocks certain things and gives you points in varies skills. It to me would make more sense if they try to make their agent as ready as possible right from the start.

All and all I thought it was a decent game with a lot of potentional but it needs a fair amount of polish and a lot of base expansion, more people to talk to, more talking options, etc so it is less repetitive to grind the xp you need.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
OK I gave it a try and it is a very nice concept and all and all pretty decent but I have a few issues with it.
1) It gets very repetitive very fast. You have to grind the same encounters over and over and over to get xp or skill in a new skill to unlock new things. This game desperately needs many more options of things to do other than have the same conversations over and over with the same people.
2) You can't sleep in your bed, you have to go outside to skip to the next day. That is so weird and made my think the game was bugged because I kept trying to sleep in the home.
3) It honestly makes no sense you have to spend a skill point to be willing to get a job, when you are told during your briefing you will have to get a job. I would say to help people understand the system, give xp while doing the tutorial and at the end it gives you 1 point and then the game has you spend it on that skill so it is unlocked from the start and so it helps people understand the skill tree better.
4) I think it would be nice if during the start they have you take a personality test and then it unlocks certain things and gives you points in varies skills. It to me would make more sense if they try to make their agent as ready as possible right from the start.

All and all I thought it was a decent game with a lot of potentional but it needs a fair amount of polish and a lot of base expansion, more people to talk to, more talking options, etc so it is less repetitive to grind the xp you need.
Hey, thanks for the awesome feedback.

1) I totally agree, I am continuously working on adding more content. This one will just take some time.

2) I am aware of the weirdness of this approach. It's how I originally designed UI, I will eventually rework this when I come up with a more clever solution. Unfortunately, it's not as easy as the moving button, at least for my current renpy knowledge.

3) Hmm, maybe I haven't explained the skill tree well enough yet. I hope to add more sense and explanation during small events when you get a new skill. The skill tree represents character development and how you grow as an individual. It's not ideal, but I keep working on it.

4) That's a great idea. I might add a difficulty level in the future, for those that want a different level of challenge as well as cheats for those who are interested in the content, not gameplay. I will definitely right your idea down.

If you come up with any other interesting suggestions, I am always happy to hear them.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Hey, thanks for the awesome feedback.

3) Hmm, maybe I haven't explained the skill tree well enough yet. I hope to add more sense and explanation during small events when you get a new skill. The skill tree represents character development and how you grow as an individual. It's not ideal, but I keep working on it.

If you come up with any other interesting suggestions, I am always happy to hear them.

You're welcome, I know I personally like feedback on the stuff I write, the more detailed the better.

As for the one I left in as a quote, that is why I suggested perhaps during the start. Where you take the assignment, get the changes etc you get xp then as well. Then make sure it gives enough xp to unlock one skill point and then the game tells you to spend it on the one that unlocks jobs.

I suggest this for 2 reasons, one it explains the mechanics of the game right off. Which granted is easy to understand. Two it unlocks the ability to work right away, I played until I was almost broke until I figured out you have to take the career skill to be able to work. I thought I had to unlock new talking options with the NPC's to unlock the jobs. So I was grinding out xp for points, buying up everything else first. Nearly went broke and was starting to get confused why I couldn't work, it just never occured to me I had to buy a skill point to get a normal job, when the briefing just told me to get a job. Which made it sound like you could just do that.

But if you did the above and turn the whole intro into a tutorial that earns xp and then have the player spend the point. It teaches the player about the system better and makes sure they can work right away.

Anyways up to you how you want to do your game, I was just giving feedback based on my own personal opinions. Best of luck with the game, I will give it a try again when you do another update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JB_Productions

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
You're welcome, I know I personally like feedback on the stuff I write, the more detailed the better.

As for the one I left in as a quote, that is why I suggested perhaps during the start. Where you take the assignment, get the changes etc you get xp then as well. Then make sure it gives enough xp to unlock one skill point and then the game tells you to spend it on the one that unlocks jobs.

I suggest this for 2 reasons, one it explains the mechanics of the game right off. Which granted is easy to understand. Two it unlocks the ability to work right away, I played until I was almost broke until I figured out you have to take the career skill to be able to work. I thought I had to unlock new talking options with the NPC's to unlock the jobs. So I was grinding out xp for points, buying up everything else first. Nearly went broke and was starting to get confused why I couldn't work, it just never occured to me I had to buy a skill point to get a normal job, when the briefing just told me to get a job. Which made it sound like you could just do that.

But if you did the above and turn the whole intro into a tutorial that earns xp and then have the player spend the point. It teaches the player about the system better and makes sure they can work right away.

Anyways up to you how you want to do your game, I was just giving feedback based on my own personal opinions. Best of luck with the game, I will give it a try again when you do another update.
The upcoming update will add the first proper job to the game. This will add a new way of getting more money and better exp. There will be a mechanic that rewards players with additional money and experience if they pay attention.

Also, what might be interesting to you and others, is the logic behind experience in this game. I'm designing the game so every action gives the player an exp. However, actions available early will give less than those further in the game. No grind should be necessary as the player progresses through the game organically, as actions will become more rewarding.

If you experience grind at the current stage of the game, I am really sorry. It's just the result of missing systems and this should get better with each build. But, if you notice some huge imbalance in terms of exp gained, please let me know.

DracoBorealis

Dec 13, 2020
Game is intresting and is fun sadly it does gets repetitive after a while, but its still has very little content so I can't complain, if and when slums and some random encounters on streets will be added it will be much more engaging.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Game is intresting and is fun sadly it does gets repetitive after a while, but its still has very little content so I can't complain, if and when slums and some random encounters on streets will be added it will be much more engaging.
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Could you give me an example of what kind of random encounters would be interesting to you?

DracoBorealis

Dec 13, 2020
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Could you give me an example of what kind of random encounters would be interesting to you?
Everything from gangs in slums to corrupt cops and if you arouse suspicion you will need to deal with secret services and maybe even risk being enslaved... which you could even use to get to your target in some kind of alternative game.

JB_Productions

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2023
Everything from gangs in slums to corrupt cops and if you arouse suspicion you will need to deal with secret services and maybe even risk being enslaved... which you could even use to get to your target in some kind of alternative game.
Great ideas, some of them even overlap with what I have in plans. I'll add the rest to my list.

Reactions: JacksDissapointment
3.30 star(s) 9 Votes