myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Virgile85

I take it you never bothered to click their itch.io link in the OP. If you had then you would of seen this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Their itch.io is still there but the game is gone.

charizards356

Feb 16, 2018
Virgile85

I take it you never bothered to click their itch.io link in the OP. If you had then you would of seen this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Their itch.io is still there but the game is gone.
Sadly that is likely cause the itch.io is gone and even with a Google search if the producer/studio nothing came up so we have no way to even get in contact to ask. I will def hope that this is false and that it is still being worked on but I will not have my hoped high :/

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
There are a lot of Naruto parodies. Yet none of them have done stuff like mixing that concept with the old school Ninja Gaiden. Making it a fast paced sidescroller where your missions is to fuck busty ninja ladies. Build a harem with them and have them aid you in future missions. Ninja scrolls with new sex techniques. I think, it's a really missed opportunity.
To make a (non-shitty) platformer game, one has to procure a plenty of graphical assets that would fit such a game (and would also fit together well), not to mention coming up with a good ability set for the player character (unless you want a barebones run+jump platforming game) and designing the levels to be sufficiently challenging (enough to be fun but not enough to be frustrating) and to make use of said abilities (otherwise there's no point in having them). Also, coding an engine for the game would be needed as well (as unlike for VNs, there are no engines geared specifically for platformers – at best you can find a general-purpose engine but it's likely too low-level to work with until you build something useful on top of it).

So, while your idea could make for a good core of such a game, it requires three independent skillsets at the very least to be turned into an actual game (drawing, programming, game design); and unless you find someone both in possession of all these skills and willing to spend their time to work on such a game for free (or nearly so), you'll need shitloads of money to employ a team required to produce such a game for long enough to make it happen. (…Maybe not industrial tier shitloads, but still.)
If such a project ever comes into being, I'd at least half-expect it to abandon Naruto setting and turn into a legal (indie?) game; this way the devs would actually have a way to pay off all their expenses (unless their fanfic game manages to get crazy popular on Patreon and not get sued/banned by IP owners). Well, there's also a chance of making a good community project (like Katawa Shoujo or Everlasting Summer… YMMV, I guess) but while there are precedents, they can be counted on the fingers of one hand – at least the ones I'm aware of.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
How all too many greenhorns are being financed is part of the problem. The gaming scene didn't start out with huge teams of devs for most games. Often it were 1 or 2 guys working on a game. The Commadore/Atari (including the Amiga) library were full of games by such teams. The tools have only gotten better and more accessible with time.

Like with any other business you are not expected to make much money within the first year. All too many of these greenhorns wants a quick buck and don't understand how a business works and don't have any/very little experience in programming a game. Yet they want to take money for it, which is why we are seeing so many renpy games. Had they made some small games in their spare time to show for it. They'd at least show themselves as being somewhat capable. It's also rare they have any real idea of how to manage a product and team. Should they get major funding. The extra capital is effectively thrown into a black hole of mismanagement and "administration costs". The people create the demand and a market is formed around it. Doesn't mean there can't be divergence of creative thoughts, on the contrary it's encouraged under capable hands. It just means people have to be selective and hold the games and developers to a certain standard. Milking is very much encouraged on Patreon, which is another stone in the shoe.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Their itch.io is down and it's not obvious if there are other venues where the Dev may hang out.

This was on their prior itch page:

Code:
Hello all!
We are experimenting in fan fiction, and we are excited to bring you our original stories with
both familiar and original characters!  The stories will include the following elements:

- Humor
- Mystery
- Suspense
- Player choices

and plenty more!

Stay tuned for updates!
"Experimenting" could possibly imply "dabbling" or just testing the waters.

It also appears there was a relationship with:

But that's only in Google cache, now. Both ZeroDakness and this game's studio went radio silent three months ago.

Marking as Abandoned.

Impl0dedcrev

Jun 25, 2018
Seeing the amount of clones like this (aka "Naruto harem collector and/or training smut fest") you shouldn't be surprised. Pretty much all of those end up dropped at some point.
oh I am anything But surprised. I saw when I downloaded it it wasn't going to continue but I had some glimmer of hope it would but of course, like most games I like it is now gone. unlike some I actually really liked the visual style and stuff in the game it also had a concept I liked too as well as characters I love, just annoyed at it always being this way.
also i like NTR in games like this sooooo yeah thats also a big reason.

Darkzeroxx

Nov 10, 2019
So just an random post but i wanted to try out a bit of renpy and i remembered this game. It had a nice idea and i do like NTR, Mind break etc. So i looked at this game a bit more intense and i gotta say that the way its made is kind of a mess. Like the NTR trigger doesnt do what it should and you can finish the tsunade NTR path before you should be able to even start. Like i did some work on it for some hours and fixed that. Also for some reasons the maker did scene 1-3 for some paths and then randomly scene 8. Also i made an ending where Femboy sasuke, naruto and female kurama get fucked by Raikage. I even tried a route with genderswap Sasuke NTR/non-NTR. Im not saying im gonna pick this game up or release stuff. Just that i play around with it.

Darkzeroxx

Nov 10, 2019
maybe in a couple of days i could post a "fixed" version of it. Just to make sure im not saying im gonna finish this i was just playing around a bit and if i decide to upload it i atleast wanna finish the Female sasuke NTR path.

Mack511

Nov 10, 2017
that's fine by me, I would like to play through your version and not be skipping from scene 1 and then be in scene 8

Reactions: arkange994
Nov 16, 2021
maybe in a couple of days i could post a "fixed" version of it. Just to make sure im not saying im gonna finish this i was just playing around a bit and if i decide to upload it i atleast wanna finish the Female sasuke NTR path.
honestly if you release it could be major. the story and concept are pretty cool, but yeah seems like the original devs were just taking a swing with renpy as novices and probably gave up

Reactions: arkange994
2.70 star(s) 3 Votes