VN Ren'Py Natsumi Love Story [v0.4.6] [Steradianfauns]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

WeekLarson

May 26, 2020
Again harem... i have nothing against it if the developer has it in mind. But is it possible to make it optional? I mean, a pretty nice love story of two chieldhood friends, is it necessary to impose harem?

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Again harem... i have nothing against it if the developer has it in mind. But is it possible to make it optional? I mean, a pretty nice love story of two chieldhood friends, is it necessary to impose harem?
As it seems that the start is already telling how it will end and the game you play is like how MHA is the way for Deku to become Nr.1 Hero I strongly assume harem here is not optional.

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
No, I literally closed the game after the first bathtub scene because it was making me fucking anxious because of how it started. I REALLY don't like conflict in my VN's and
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I did the same. Main love interest marrying some1 else (especially yandere) just doesn't sit right with me.

Reactions: Virulenz

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Haha, it feels rare to see someone else who likes having a single love interest. I'm at the point where I'm just happy if there's only 3ish instead of 20... Can't even remember that many character names. Although I totally get why devs go with whatever is most popular.

I haven't gone back yet, even with the reassurance from others here. I don't know if I will.
I mean I kind of get where people are coming from with this, but the dev did explicitly say there's no NTR and there won't be any. I don't think any sane developer is going to lie to their fanbase so, to me at least, it's worth playing in spite of the beginning. I think it was just the dev's way of trying to inject a little drama into the story... maybe it paid off too well judging but the comments here haha.

I really liked the scenes and the humor, so I feel a little sad seeing people not giving it a chance.

Reactions: SteradianFauns

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
Haha, it feels rare to see someone else who likes having a single love interest. I'm at the point where I'm just happy if there's only 3ish instead of 20... Can't even remember that many character names. Although I totally get why devs go with whatever is most popular.

I mean I kind of get where people are coming from with this, but the dev did explicitly say there's no NTR and there won't be any. I don't think any sane developer is going to lie to their fanbase so, to me at least, it's worth playing in spite of the beginning. I think it was just the dev's way of trying to inject a little drama into the story... maybe it paid off too well judging but the comments here haha.

I really liked the scenes and the humor, so I feel a little sad seeing people not giving it a chance.
I want, very badly, to believe that, and I haven't deleted the game(though space is precious as i only have 250GB of storage on my laptop) yet, but I keep finding a reason to play something else.

Reactions: GrogGuy

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I want, very badly, to believe that, and I haven't deleted the game(though space is precious as i only have 250GB of storage on my laptop) yet, but I keep finding a reason to play something else.
Haha, I get that, I've got a backlog myself. Yeah no pressure from me, I just felt a little bad that people were judging it so much just from the beginning.

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
Haha, I get that, I've got a backlog myself. Yeah no pressure from me, I just felt a little bad that people were judging it so much just from the beginning.
I can't help it, I only discovered VN's in July of this year. I am an avid reader and when I read, I become the MC and I can't really explain it better than that, but I get so immersed that things that affect the MC, affect me and then I have to break immersion or start to feel poorly. The same, it seems, is true for VN's.

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I can't help it, I only discovered VN's in July of this year. I am an avid reader and when I read, I become the MC and I can't really explain it better than that, but I get so immersed that things that affect the MC, affect me and then I have to break immersion or start to feel poorly. The same, it seems, is true for VN's.
No shame in that. I'm the type to scream internally at the characters in horror movies who are constantly making bad decisions, so I can kind of relate haha. Or in a show when there's an easily resolved misunderstanding that becomes worse and worse just because people won't communicate. Gives me anxiety =/

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
I mean I kind of get where people are coming from with this, but the dev did explicitly say there's no NTR and there won't be any. I don't think any sane developer is going to lie to their fanbase so, to me at least, it's worth playing in spite of the beginning.
Well, thats pure definition. NTR means someone causes jealousy to you and/or steals your LI.
Even with all the nice words arround the facts its still someone else that legally marries your girl...from my point of view its the most hardcore NTR possible...and explaining it with realism reasons isnt doing it much favor...think about the realism of a legal wedding: if something happens the one who decides between life support machines or heritage is ONLY the legal partner...okay, that surely will not be part of the story of the game, but a legal wedding containes much more than just the wedding night...personally i cant just ignore such things (call me a romantic girlie but i still think marriage is worth more than a piece of paper with a "legally approved" stamp), thats more than just simple NTR, thats a motive for murder and tagetting everyone who encourages, allows or agrees to it....at least for me.
Honestly, i am myself in a lifetime relationship with my big sis and we are both poly. But there is no way in hell i would ever allow anyone to marry her or myself. Meanwhile its legal for girls to marry here, but not if the girls are sisters...so that whole legal stuff is just impossible. We wouldnt even think about marry someone legally to redirect, cover up, sneak behind or whatever the fuck that whole thing is...we had an illegal bonding ceremony without any paperwork involved, just the two of us like it had to be...okay, with most of our friends and girls as guests, but only 2 rings, 1 kiss and 1 orgy... ^^

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Well, thats pure definition. NTR means someone causes jealousy to you and/or steals your LI.
Even with all the nice words arround the facts its still someone else that legally marries your girl...from my point of view its the most hardcore NTR possible...and explaining it with realism reasons isnt doing it much favor...think about the realism of a legal wedding: if something happens the one who decides between life support machines or heritage is ONLY the legal partner...okay, that surely will not be part of the story of the game, but a legal wedding containes much more than just the wedding night...personally i cant just ignore such things (call me a romantic girlie but i still think marriage is worth more than a piece of paper with a "legally approved" stamp), thats more than just simple NTR, thats a motive for murder and tagetting everyone who encourages, allows or agrees to it....at least for me.
Honestly, i am myself in a lifetime relationship with my big sis and we are both poly. But there is no way in hell i would ever allow anyone to marry her or myself. Meanwhile its legal for girls to marry here, but not if the girls are sisters...so that whole legal stuff is just impossible. We wouldnt even think about marry someone legally to redirect, cover up, sneak behind or whatever the fuck that whole thing is...we had an illegal bonding ceremony without any paperwork involved, just the two of us like it had to be...okay, with most of our friends and girls as guests, but only 2 rings, 1 kiss and 1 orgy... ^^
That's understandable. I guess it comes down to where each individual draws the line as far as what makes you jealous or what you consider stealing your love interest. I can certainly see why it might be more of a sore topic if it's something you can relate to a real life situation you've been in. I'd guess that the main love interest is going to marry one of the other love interests, so in that regard the dev probably doesn't consider it NTR since they're all together. In the end, to me at least, the situation is pretty disassociated from anything I've ever experienced, so I guess it bothers me less. In the first place, I don't necessarily feel that you need to get married, either officially or unofficially, just because you love someone. I never really understood the appeal of slapping a label on what I feel or think. In that regard, it felt a little weird to me. I guess I still just don't think it was a huge enough demerit to the game that it outweighs everything else.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Not the wisest of intros for the audience this game appears to be targeting. Even if the little sister is marrying one of the MC's love interests, you'll still draw ire from the incels that consider anything between LIs without the MC's involvement as NTR. You might want to just scrap that intro... really not worth the drama and it really doesn't add anything to the story except imply that the game is 100% a kinetic novel, unlike what your overview suggests.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritz407 and GrogGuy
Mar 14, 2019
I really wish the dev made optional these horror sequences, where the MC lives in a childless non-monogamous nightmare. Or do you guys think it's some kind of lame, heavy-handed foreshadowing of a bad ending?

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
eh first choice in the game and if you don´t hug her your stuck in a endless loop till you hug her? :unsure:

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
jhustrue
It could start with a huge orgy (without other guys) and it wouldnt bother me in the slightest, but the main girl marrying anyone else is more NTR than a weekly forced public $1 gangbang for all LIs in the game.

GrogGuy
Love isnt enough, people who marry just because they love each other are people who need lawyers to clear the mess during the divorce or savings for failing therapies a few years later. Sex is also not enough, people who marry to keep their sexlife filled will start to cheat if there is not an open/poly agreement before. Its the stuff beyond those common basics that makes a successful/stable/happy marriage, the things you dont/cant share in harems because its individually unique for every person and not universal compatible. Its the things that make you stop hoping, wishing, dreaming and believing and start knowing and working for it together.
However, given the rich lawyers and the statistics its almost uncommon today to expect something of worth from a wedding, especially since people drive them cheaper day by day, be it drunk in vegas, for a greencard, for money/power or for some not lasting crush without thinking it through...well, i prefer to stay uncommon, its always degrading and exhausting to blend in society or "public opinions" even if its just for a limited time.

• Haha
Reactions: Stringy Bob

Craigdon97

May 27, 2022

even if it aint shown on screen, your sister still marrys someone else so still basicly ntr
thought it would be a warm romance vn dont see the point if shes gonna marry someone else 11 yrs later

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I’m a guy who literally writes ten+ paragraph essays about being anti-NTR and hating when love interest get with other people and even when games add random sex scenes out of no where with non-love interest. But this is getting a little silly. Worst case scenario, she is “marring” someone else to get around the laws that won’t let her marry her brother. That is the worst case, they are just using the laws of their nation to their advantage so they can all be married in a round about way.

We don’t know all the specifics yet, we don’t know exactly what the Sis and MC’s plan is and how it’ll all work out. From the moment the scene started I found myself intrigued because I wanted to see what their plan was and how they were beating the system.

Trust me, I get that some people are bothered by it. But it isn’t like she dumps him and married some else to make him jealous. This is obviously something that everyone is in on. It’s more like a big middle finger to people who might try and keep them apart. The government wants to say they can’t be together? Well fuck’em, there is a way and they seem to have found it. Governments should fuck out of marriage anyway. Marriage is an agreement between consenting people, and if there weren’t all these damn expectations and rules tacked on by governments and fucking busy bodies then there would be a lot less divorce. But that’s neither here-nor-there.

As far as the story goes, if it bother you then just take a step back and maybe wait till it’s all said and done. There are several games that I have had to do that for. Some I came back to later and had a good time, and some I ignored because the part that left me uncertain got resolved badly.

Sorry to rant a bit, but I feel like this topic has been talked about to death and there is lot of just people repeating the same things. It’s starting to feel like I’m reading the early formation of a hug-box.

Psykoman1978

Mar 21, 2022
i can´t remember if she was in that scene but maybe nat marriage kashiwagi (she wears a suit not a dress at the first pick) and nat says she might be bi so i don´t think its a guy she marriage

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes