VN Ren'Py Natsumi Love Story [v0.4.6] [Steradianfauns]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Who cares about the gender? Its a fucking wedding, not just some fucking around.

As far as the story goes, if it bother you then just take a step back and maybe wait till it’s all said and done. There are several games that I have had to do that for. Some I came back to later and had a good time, and some I ignored because the part that left me uncertain got resolved badly.
Thats exactly what i do...but since it is the INTRO i'll never see any more of the game.
And nothing is worthy to let your love marry anyone else, no plan is worth carried out if THIS is the price for it...never ever.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: chris18

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
It's confirmed in the chapter 4 preview that it is indeed a female that she gets married to, and the MC is in bed with both of them the day after the wedding. It's clear no one is being stolen from anyone here so it's not NTR. There isn't even a lesbian tag so there's no reason to assume they're even doing anything together besides participating in threesomes with the MC. You might feel that that situation is still NTR, but this website doesn't add the NTR tag for shit like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
So the beginning assumes the "harem" ending?

Properly played the game now, it's cute. These are more personal thoughts than criticism but between the ghosting, how this impacted Natsumi, and her recording them (which is completely fucked regardless of what she does with it), Risa kinda sucks ass. That what is actually going to push her back into the protagonists' lives is seeing them have sex and her shitty circumstances doesn't sit right with me either. Not looking forward to the overtly emotionally manipulative subplot we're going to be dragged through for her.
Yes, the beginning is the harem ending.

Actually, she is supposed to be unlikable in this part of the story :)

will see Natsumi pregnant?
In the original ending? No. But I've been experimenting with the pregnancy in the Koikatsu Chara Studio. This one is from my other game, The Daily Life of the Pan Hero
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Turns out it wasn't that hard to add pregnancy into the game, but it's not going to make sense to add pregnancy into the original ending. So I think I will make a pregnancy ending which will be an alternate ending.

eh first choice in the game and if you don´t hug her your stuck in a endless loop till you hug her? :unsure:
Yeah, don't leave her hanging.

I’m a guy who literally writes ten+ paragraph essays about being anti-NTR and hating when love interest get with other people and even when games add random sex scenes out of no where with non-love interest. But this is getting a little silly. Worst case scenario, she is “marring” someone else to get around the laws that won’t let her marry her brother. That is the worst case, they are just using the laws of their nation to their advantage so they can all be married in a round about way.

We don’t know all the specifics yet, we don’t know exactly what the Sis and MC’s plan is and how it’ll all work out. From the moment the scene started I found myself intrigued because I wanted to see what their plan was and how they were beating the system.

Trust me, I get that some people are bothered by it. But it isn’t like she dumps him and married some else to make him jealous. This is obviously something that everyone is in on. It’s more like a big middle finger to people who might try and keep them apart. The government wants to say they can’t be together? Well fuck’em, there is a way and they seem to have found it. Governments should fuck out of marriage anyway. Marriage is an agreement between consenting people, and if there weren’t all these damn expectations and rules tacked on by governments and fucking busy bodies then there would be a lot less divorce. But that’s neither here-nor-there.

As far as the story goes, if it bother you then just take a step back and maybe wait till it’s all said and done. There are several games that I have had to do that for. Some I came back to later and had a good time, and some I ignored because the part that left me uncertain got resolved badly.

Sorry to rant a bit, but I feel like this topic has been talked about to death and there is lot of just people repeating the same things. It’s starting to feel like I’m reading the early formation of a hug-box.
Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. I'm kinda tired of giving the same explanation again and again. I rather use my time to keep working on my games. So I just let them be.

But, I'll give some explanation. Why do I put the 11 years later in the intro? Mostly because this is my first writing, so I'm experimenting a lot, on what's working and what's not. Any feedback I gain from this will be put into consideration on my next work. But for this game, I still rather do it this way, because this is how I want the ending to be. And if I don't put the 11 years later in the intro, I will receive more negative feedback because people will feel blindsided by it. And I know foreshadowing won't work either because not a lot of people expect that in a hentai games (Which is fine, some people play h games just to bust a nut, not to think too much about the plot).

And there will be no NTR, and I consider the original ending to be a good ending, it's not going to be a bad ending, not even a bittersweet ending.

The reason why Natsumi will marry someone other than MC will be given in future chapter, and the reason why someone who might be a yandere and obsessed with someone can marry someone other than the person she's obsessed with is because she is not a one dimensional character who is incapable of change (which may seems stupid for some people, but I don't care).

But seriously, if you met a yandere in real life, would you not suggest them to go into therapy?

And this one is my more detailed explanation in case someone missed it.
Welp, looks like there's a few misunderstanding here, so I like to clear them up before other people get misunderstand as well.

1. MC and any of the LI WON'T get NTR'd, meaning LI won't have sex with any other guy than MC, meaning the LI won't have sex with both guys or girls behind MC's back or without MC knowing.

2. There's NO forced lesbian, there will be a lesbian scenes but it will be SKIPPABLE. In fact, so far there is still only one lesbian scene planned, and that is way into the future. As for the girl who played with other girl's boobs in the shower room, I didn't consider that as a lesbian scene, because they're supposed to be just best friends, and they're just a one time character who won't appear again in the future.

3. Why is there a plot to fight against NTR: It's simply because I hate NTR. No hate to the people who loves them, but it's not for me. I hate that in NTR, the NTR guy rarely get what they deserved (end up with his dick in is own mouth, and his balls in his nose, as one of you here said, to which I fully agree), I hate that the male lead just stand idly by as their love get stolen or doesn't even know it happened, and I hate that the girl lead succumb to the NTR guy simply because his dick is bigger or feels better. And I hate those so much that I want to write a plot where all of those is changed. Don't believe me? See my other game, see what happened to the people who tried to rape mc's girls. But to win against NTR, NTR itself have to exist in that world, that's why there's an attempt to one of mc's girls, but ONLY an attempt. But the NTR itself won't be shown, just mentioned like in the chapter 3 ending. Originally, this was supposed to be a different story, Yandere vs NTR. I'll explain later why it's added to this story.

4. Ka-chan (who appears in the prologue) or "a parodically girly married woman" is NOT Kashiwagi or "the blonde tomboy", they doesn't even look alike, Natsumi never even called Kashiwagi, Ka-chan. But yeah I get why some people can misunderstand that and it's my fault for not explaining this further. Ka-chan is just another one or probably two times character. There's two LI that doesn't appear in the prologue, and that's on purpose.

5. Why Natsumi who has a yandere potential fantasized about Risa: Because she's human? I mean I know she's just a character and not a real human, but who among us here never fantasized about things that we ended up regret fantasizing? Isn't that what post-nut clarity is all about? That's also why she's reluctant to share the fantasy with MC at first.

6. Why it's a polyamory rather than a harem: When I wrote this story, it was going to be a harem at first, but then I grew fond of Natsumi so I want her in every part of the story. If it's a harem, then the focus will keep switching between the harem members, and Natsumi will be sidelined. So I make it that every time a new girl join the relationship, it will be a threesome. But, if it's only a harem, I felt like it will get boring eventually because there's already a lot of harem story out there, both hentai and VN, and I wasn't that confident I could write a well-written character since this is my first writing. That's when I decided to combine this story with the Yandere vs NTR and give Natsumi the yandere potential. But a yandere and a harem doesn't work well, so to compromise, Natsumi will also own the harem, and that turn this into a polyamory, apparently.

7. Why is there so many misunderstanding: Because I thought I want to write with subtexts, since Lessons in Love, one of the VN that inspired me to do this has lots of them, and I want to see if I could do that as well. So, rather than writing a straightforward story, I write one with a couple of subtext that you can connect the dots yourself. Since I felt very happy when I read the discussion about the subtext explanation in Lessons in Love forums.
8. Why MC and Natsumi doesn't marry each other: Originally this was an incest story, so obviously they can't marry each other, also Patreon doesn't allow incest, so I have to make an explanation that makes sense for both incest and non-incest version. The next part will be a massive spoiler, so don't read it if you don't want to know. Natsumi and MC does in fact marry each other, in the prologue Natsumi said that there's a day when she's the happiest, even more than her wedding day, that's the day MC and Natsumi married each other. But their marriage is not registered and not official.

Another massive spoiler In fact MC married all of the LI. Well except for the mom. If you look at Risa's hand in the prologue, she's wearing a wedding ring. But officially, MC only married Yui, because in Japan you can only legally marry one person, and I just want to add some kind of reality into the story.

9. Why MC marry Yui and why Natsumi marry other: That will be too much spoiler. But I hope my explanation this time is clear enough. If you don't like to share a girl with another girl even if it's a threesome or if you don't like lesbian scene even if the sex scene can be skipped, then I'm really sorry, this game is not for you, because those will happen. Maybe on my next game as I have lots of stories waiting to be turned into a VN, and many of which don't have these things.

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
Yes, the beginning is the harem ending.

In the original ending? No. But I've been experimenting with the pregnancy in the Koikatsu Chara Studio. This one is from my other game, The Daily Life of the Pan Hero
Turns out it wasn't that hard to add pregnancy into the game, but it's not going to make sense to add pregnancy into the original ending. So I think I will make a pregnancy ending which will be an alternate ending.

Yeah, don't leave her hanging.

Thanks for putting my thoughts into words. I'm kinda tired of giving the same explanation again and again. I rather use my time to keep working on my games. So I just let them be.

But, I'll give some explanation. Why do I put the 11 years later in the intro? Mostly because this is my first writing, so I'm experimenting a lot, on what's working and what's not. Any feedback I gain from this will be put into consideration on my next work. But for this game, I still rather do it this way, because this is how I want the ending to be. And if I don't put the 11 years later in the intro, I will receive more negative feedback because people will feel blindsided by it. And I know foreshadowing won't work either because not a lot of people expect that in a hentai games (Which is fine, some people play h games just to bust a nut, not to think too much about the plot).

And there will be no NTR, and I consider the original ending to be a good ending, it's not going to be a bad ending, not even a bittersweet ending.

The reason why Natsumi will marry someone other than MC will be given in future chapter, and the reason why someone who might be a yandere and obsessed with someone can marry someone other than the person she's obsessed with is because she is not a one dimensional character who is incapable of change (which may seems stupid for some people, but I don't care).

But seriously, if you met a yandere in real life, would you not suggest them to go into therapy?

And this one is my more detailed explanation in case someone missed it.
Dev, you have convinced me. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you, however, from my perspective at least, I've been burned before and so suspicious is my default setting.

Reactions: SteradianFauns

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Aside from the later-in-plot parts i knew this already from previous diskussions here.
Problem is, NTR is not a sex thing, its a psychological genre. Its primary about jealousy and secondary about separation anxiety. I cant feel any jealousy when it comes to sex...if its other girls i dont have any problems with it, if its other guys i just cant supress my disgust and dont want that LI anymore...just like in real live, i am poly myself, bis sis is poly as well, we had hundreds of girls entering our sexlife, some stayed, some went on, some grew into more than just sexbuddys and are true friends, a few grew close enough to feel like parts of our family. All of them have other girls as well, many even met us/them during our regular orgies. No problem at all, but girls who do dicks just disgust me, i cant ever go down on them again without thinking about it...its not a jealousy thing, it just makes me feel far more sick than horny.
This game was the very first that managed to make me feel jealousy, not because of some sex, not because of a stupid bitch that runs off with someone else, only the well shown fact they really love each other but marry other peope triggered it. It doesnt matter who, it doesnt matter why and it doesnt matter what happens in the wedding night, its only the fact they marry other people just because they cant marry each other legally. It remembered me about my own real life situation, except for the brother part. I would freak out to see big sis in a wedding dress thats not meant to be for me...all the other girls would be okay, but not "my main girl"...and thats exactly what happens here, the maingirl marries someone else just to be legally married. My first and only experience with jealousy in my whole life so far...the first time i felt real NTR, not just being disgusted by an LI and other guys. Pure hardcore NTR, the way NTR is meant to be, hell, i had to fight a panic attack while they talked about it and he said they could just run away. Not this lukewarm "someone fucks someone thats not you" definition F95 people made out of it, but real NTR.

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Aside from the later-in-plot parts i knew this already from previous diskussions here.
Problem is, NTR is not a sex thing, its a psychological genre. Its primary about jealousy and secondary about separation anxiety. I cant feel any jealousy when it comes to sex...if its other girls i dont have any problems with it, if its other guys i just cant supress my disgust and dont want that LI anymore...just like in real live, i am poly myself, bis sis is poly as well, we had hundreds of girls entering our sexlife, some stayed, some went on, some grew into more than just sexbuddys and are true friends, a few grew close enough to feel like parts of our family. All of them have other girls as well, many even met us/them during our regular orgies. No problem at all, but girls who do dicks just disgust me, i cant ever go down on them again without thinking about it...its not a jealousy thing, it just makes me feel far more sick than horny.
This game was the very first that managed to make me feel jealousy, not because of some sex, not because of a stupid bitch that runs off with someone else, only the well shown fact they really love each other but marry other peope triggered it. It doesnt matter who, it doesnt matter why and it doesnt matter what happens in the wedding night, its only the fact they marry other people just because they cant marry each other legally. It remembered me about my own real life situation, except for the brother part. I would freak out to see big sis in a wedding dress thats not meant to be for me...all the other girls would be okay, but not "my main girl"...and thats exactly what happens here, the maingirl marries someone else just to be legally married. My first and only experience with jealousy in my whole life so far...the first time i felt real NTR, not just being disgusted by an LI and other guys. Pure hardcore NTR, the way NTR is meant to be, hell, i had to fight a panic attack while they talked about it and he said they could just run away. Not this lukewarm "someone fucks someone thats not you" definition F95 people made out of it, but real NTR.
Okay, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion. And my opinion is this is not NTR, it's not designed to caused jealousy, as the MC doesn't feel jealous at all. If I'm in the MC situation, I wouldn't feel jealous at all. So let's just agree to disagree. But I am sorry that you feel jealous to the point where you had to fight a panic attack. You can always unwatch this thread, never play the game, and move on with your life. And maybe you can talk to your big sis about it and maybe she'll reassure you that this game is not your reality and your reality is much more better than this game.

Also, I'm never going to add NTR tag on this, you know why? Because if I do, people who's looking for NTR will find this game, then they'll complain that this is not NTR nor the correct definition of NTR, hell, they're going to be mad when they see what I had planned for the antagonist who's trying to blackmail the LI.

LinusMundane

Jun 30, 2022
Okay, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to my opinion. And my opinion is this is not NTR, it's not designed to caused jealousy, as the MC doesn't feel jealous at all. If I'm in the MC situation, I wouldn't feel jealous at all. So let's just agree to disagree. But I am sorry that you feel jealous to the point where you had to fight a panic attack. You can always unwatch this thread, never play the game, and move on with your life. And maybe you can talk to your big sis about it and maybe she'll reassure you that this game is not your reality and your reality is much more better than this game.

Also, I'm never going to add NTR tag on this, you know why? Because if I do, people who's looking for NTR will find this game, then they'll complain that this is not NTR nor the correct definition of NTR, hell, they're going to be mad when they see what I had planned for the antagonist who's trying to blackmail the LI.
With the way my immersion works, if the MC says he's not jealous of other women being involved, I can be ok with it. Can't get past men though, but at the start, MC was clearly having a hard time so it struck me differently. Now that I have played more and i am at the point of
I am ok with what's going on. I know everyone is different, but for me, so far, this is not NTR.

Reactions: JoeTheMC84

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Haha, as serious as the preceding conversations were overall, that genuinely made me spit my drink. Now I kind of want to see that as a dialogue option in a game.

Oct 10, 2019
The game is mostly fine the writing is humorous enough and except for the occasional typo or grammatical error it is comprehensible to the point it doesn't hinder the enjoyment too much
the developer is clearly using this as a learning experience in both writing and game developement with the other game being a much more ambitous project

the main concern that prevents me from enjoying the story fully is the situation with Risa and her current boyfriend
while technically it isn't classified as NTR if she had sex with him I would consider it as such because it happened in the timeframe of the story
even if not shown

I am aware that the definition doesn't apply but this is my personal opinion and it could make me drop the game entirely if that was revealed to be the case
I am not pretending everyone to be a virgin but someone who is clearly a love interest from the start would be more appropiate to be one

also the war to NTR is a bit too prominent but as long as it ends before anything really happens I can deal with it

in any case I wish the dev good luck with any future games

P.S. Sorry for the lack of punctuation i kinda suck at it

ugz2

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, duh, which is why I alluded to the obvious arc she has coming dealing with her shitty boyfriend and maybe some things we don't know -- it already sticks out like a sore thumb amongst the rest of the game (except the NTR boogeyman, but the games frequent references to NTR and outright telling the reader nothing is going to happen makes it a joke).

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I’m out of town and won’t have a chance to play the latest update until Saturday at the earliest.

I would like to say to Virulenz that it’s a shame that your culture perceptions and real life experiences have colored your view of the institution or marriage in a way that makes it so you are unable to enjoy the game. I’m sorry to hear that but I understand it. I wish you the best and am sorry you got upset. Good luck out there and I hope you find some entertainment you enjoy fully.

I would also like to restate my believe that sister’s “yandere” quality is being played up by both her and MC for fun. It’s sexual role-play they are doing more than a real deeply ingrained part of her personality I think. She isn’t a classic yandere, and good thing too, it’s hard to have a harem with a yandere, :ROFLMAO:

I am very much looking forward to getting home and playing the latest update.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
You are trolling and this is a troll account....right?

Oct 10, 2019
Since my post doesn't seem to have garnered the attention or response of the dev I would like to reiterate and possibly expand upon some previous concepts

the reason because Risa's situation bothers me in particular is that she is presented as clearly in love with the MC
also her boyfriend obviously treats her like trash so she had no reason to stay with him

honestly the issue could be easily resolved by making it optional
just a couple different lines of dialogue and a trigger like incest or impregnation to choose if she is a virgin or not
it also would not have impact on scenes already in game and could just be ignored after
realism also is not really a problem in a story about harem and possibly incest anyway

just to clarify the reason I classify it as NTR is because of the way it is presented
it clearly causes jealousy embodying the archetype of "the one that got away"

also as someone who hates NTR I do not like to be reminded of it at every corner

having said that the game is still mostly fine

good luck with the games

P.S. I still suck at punctuation

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Since my post doesn't seem to have garnered the attention or response of the dev I would like to reiterate and possibly expand upon some previous concepts

the reason because Risa's situation bothers me in particular is that she is presented as clearly in love with the MC
also her boyfriend obviously treats her like trash so she had no reason to stay with him

honestly the issue could be easily resolved by making it optional
just a couple different lines of dialogue and a trigger like incest or impregnation to choose if she is a virgin or not
it also would not have impact on scenes already in game and could just be ignored after
realism also is not really a problem in a story about harem and possibly incest anyway

just to clarify the reason I classify it as NTR is because of the way it is presented
it clearly causes jealousy embodying the archetype of "the one that got away"

also as someone who hates NTR I do not like to be reminded of it at every corner

having said that the game is still mostly fine

good luck with the games

P.S. I still suck at punctuation
Can't really blame the dev for taking a break from the thread. Things got a little heated.

I'll probably regret dipping back into this whole conversation but, since you seem to want a discussion, I'll briefly oblige.

I don't particularly see her being deeply in love with the MC. She's in an emotionally abusive relationship and, after seeing a couple in a happier relationship, she starts to fantasize about being in a happier relationship herself. Nothing about the situation seemed to imply that she was already deeply in love with the MC. Afterall, if she was, there's no reason she wouldn't have gone out with him in the first place instead of who she's currently dating. She didn't though, so I don't see why you think she's so deeply in love with him.

She might end up "truly" falling in love with the MC later on but, as far as I'm concerned, nothing so far indicates she was already in love with him. If anything, she's not the "one who got away" from him, he's the one who got away from her.

In short, I'd say it's closer to buyer's remorse than love, but what do I know about the feelings of fictional characters?

All that aside, expecting her to "save herself" for him is about as fair as her expecting the MC to "save himself" for her. He clearly hasn't, so why does it even matter if she hasn't?

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Reactions: Stringy Bob
3.80 star(s) 6 Votes