Need help/advice/opinions on a game I'm working on.

Should I make this game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
[June 15 2018 Update]
"Hey. I'm still working on this game yo. Just wanted to say hello. So freaking hard to make this game using the Honey Select Models as they don't have the clothing I really want. But if I can do this and this works, I'll switch over to Poser/Daz3d and really go to town, or outer space that is."

[June 15 2018 Edit]
"Always looking for advice or friendly hello's, Not trying to get a demo out anymore, trying to build something bigger."
---Original Post---
So I love this website and thought maybe some of you could kindly point me in the right direction, preferably with your fingers. I just started working on a game and my first question is should I even bother, will you play it? Second question is what is the best way to get this game out there? I'm going to look into Patreon but I'm sure I'll be buried and never to be found by anyone. Any advice or help will be extremely appreciated! I'm trying to get a demo out as quickly as possible but I'm a lazy ass and I don't believe anyone would be interested.

[June 15 2018 Edit]
"The following Synopsis no longer applies as I've figured out a way for you to play as multiple crew members and not just the Ambassador."
---Original Post---
Brief Synopsis: You play as an Ambassador pretending to be gay so he can serve on an all female space ship. You have to maintain your secret in order stay on board but you also want to have sex with everyone on board somehow. The Captain and her crew don't believe you are who you say you are and everyday they will try to tempt you into revealing your true nature on the ship. If you give in, you may or may not be spaced, aka thrown out the airlock. You can build trust with each member through dialogue trees and quests and even relationships. I'm still working out the kinks as I go along.

[June 15 2018 Edit]
"Nope, switched over to Renpy cause the wheel is already invented and I'm waiting till I have a full version to play before I release anything. The amount of V 0.01 games is getting a little out of hand."
---Original Post---
I'm using Twine as my platform cause it's pretty easy and quick just to get something out there plus it's free. Everyday I do a little work on it and hopefully I'll have something for you to get your hands on soon.

[June 15 2018 Edit]
"Same crew, bikini girls are now alien races you will find on two different planets. Jessica Alba is still a Holoscan program."
---Original Post---
The crew images are my first concept art if you will. I was just playing around and thought, huh. That could work. The Bikini girl is one of the first girls you meet in the game before you get on the ship. And the Jessica Alba looking girl is a holoscan program. I'm debating if the person should be real as well.

[June 15 2018 Edit]
"Kind of.. It's open world now with story sections."
---Original Post---
Oh and it's a choose your own adventure style or inspired kinda game.

Star Trek Crew One.jpg Star Trek Crew Two.jpg 012b1.jpg 017b.jpg 018.jpg JDgamer.jpg Jessica.jpg sample interface.JPG 013b12.jpg you drank it.JPG

Here's some info on the crew.

[June 15 2018 Edit]
"All is pretty much still the same but now you can play as the Captain as well. Click on the crew manifest and you can select which character you want to play as in the open world portion but story missions/Star Date Entries, you play as the person who wrote the log"
---Original Post---
The Captain:
Bitch, pretty much. She was reassigned after getting her previous Ambassador killed. (Every ship has an Ambassador for first contact purposes.) She wants to explore uncharted space like before but she needs to regain the trust of her "Lenders" again. (The corporation who manufactured her ship and provides her enough credit to explore the galaxy.) She chose you to be her Ambassador she believes she can make you do whatever she wants due to your inexperience. (She's a dom ;) ;) )

((As always I'm open to any and all suggestions, opinions, advice. I do have a vision in mind for the game but I've learned never to be to set in your ways. Stay the course but if someone knows a quicker route, follow that ass.))

Reactions: Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well it sounds like a fun game to play :) I'd play it ;)
Twine isn't used much for games even though it's a pretty good tool to create a branching story (We use it for our ren'py game to create the routes and merge them back together and so on) ;)
The images look pretty nice too, good thing is there's a variety of breast sizes. Cause I don't like them too big and it seems like there is a character for everyone in there :)

Advertising the game on boards like this one can help you get support on patreon if you decide to go that road. But "IF" you want to go that road then do it from the get go, meaning have a patreon page ready by the time you release your first version.
Also, try to have some month's of work done before you release a first version, so that if you lag a bit behind you'd still have something to release... i.e. do 3 versions of the game, then release the first version, build the fourth version then release the second and so on... Just in case you get sick or have other RL issues... some people don't consider patreon to be a support for creators but a market place for content and they think you'd have to release something EVERY month else they'll leave ;) It's alright for them to think that way, but it wasn't supposed to be like that ;) Now everyone is used to it being like that so you have to cope with it and prepare for the worst :)

Alright, whatever you decide, good luck with that :) And if you release the game let me know! :)

Reactions: JDgamer

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Well it sounds like a fun game to play :) I'd play it ;)
Twine isn't used much for games even though it's a pretty good tool to create a branching story (We use it for our ren'py game to create the routes and merge them back together and so on) ;)
The images look pretty nice too, good thing is there's a variety of breast sizes. Cause I don't like them too big and it seems like there is a character for everyone in there :)
Well shit that is exactly what I was hoping to get from posting here, hot damn. You can play the game for free. I would go Gamemaker route but I lost all my assets when my external HD fried. I had hundreds of DAZ3d models, so many celebrities.. uhhh I can't believe it. Ah well. I really really appreciate that mate. I would like to work Palanto into the game if you'll let me, maybe a character in the future?

017b.jpg 018.jpg

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
no incest? i wouldn't play it :FuckYea:

jk, i play them all :FeelsGoodMan:
No joke I was going to work incest into the game, perhaps as a holoscan program. But I'm going to try my hardest not to cave into the darkside. But damn, what Darksilver and MrDots is doing with Big Brother and Dating my daughter, mmm I'm sorry but hot damn.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
I'd prefer having a lesbian protagonist on an all female ship trying to seduce everyone. Still basically nice idea and really good artwork.
You gave me such an amazing idea. I'm going to create a female character that does seduce everyone and it pisses the main character off so much he does something drastic to try and change his standing with the crew. Fuck that's funny.. sorry i'm thinking in my head how pissed I would be if I was trying to bang all these girls and some chick just comes aboard and fucks them all in less then a week. And rubs it in my face, bragging. That's a great idea you can play the game for free.
Jessica.jpg

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well shit that is exactly what I was hoping to get from posting here, hot damn. You can play the game for free. I would go Gamemaker route but I lost all my assets when my external HD fried. I had hundreds of DAZ3d models, so many celebrities.. uhhh I can't believe it. Ah well. I really really appreciate that mate. I would like to work Palanto into the game if you'll let me, maybe a character in the future?

View attachment 61546 View attachment 61547
You're welcome! ;) Thanks for offering it to me for free but that is not necessary, not just because of some tips! ;) You should consider releasing a demo version for the public too, because most people don't want to buy the cat in a bag. :) This way everyone can test it and see if he/she likes it. (But I guess that's standard procedure anyways :) )
Thanks for the offer of a character inside the game, if you really want to then feel free to do that. But that is actually also not really necessary and I'm not sure a "Palanto" would fit into it, I'm flattered nevertheless. :)

Edit: just reread the first post.... totally forgot that you already mentioned doing a demo, sorry about that! :D

Reactions: JDgamer

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
You're welcome! ;) Thanks for offering it to me for free but that is not necessary, not just because of some tips! ;) You should consider releasing a demo version for the public too, because most people don't want to buy the cat in a bag. :) This way everyone can test it and see if he/she likes it. (But I guess that's standard procedure anyways :) )
Thanks for the offer of a character inside the game, if you really want to then feel free to do that. But that is actually also not really necessary and I'm not sure a "Palanto" would fit into it, I'm flattered nevertheless. :)

Edit: just reread the first post.... totally forgot that you already mentioned doing a demo, sorry about that! :D
lol! Can I umm hire you to be my advisor?? I never even thought of a demo. Brilliant.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
I look forward to seeing it on here. No doubt I will be floated in no time...
That's funny considering how I started the game. "Floated". Thanks man I really hope I finish it. I know Version 1 will suck but I just want to start, fail, correct and continue.

U

User_10739

That's funny considering how I started the game. "Floated". Thanks man I really hope I finish it. I know Version 1 will suck but I just want to start, fail, correct and continue.
Play a few Demos and v0.01's on here and see what others are doing and more importantly what your playing experience is like following the play. Then read the comments whether good bad or otherwise. We seem to get quite a few demos/proof of concepts which are empty shells with an interaction or 2 and then nothing but visiting empty rooms wondering if we have seen or done everything. You are best served by launching a game that has some meat to it, if that takes you 2 or 3 months to cobble together that is fine as it will generate a buzz rather than a 3 pages of posts saying "boring", "this is shit" or "waste of time"...

Better to have your first page of comments to read: "Wow", "great start" and "looking forward to the next update"

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Play a few Demos and v0.01's on here and see what others are doing and more importantly what your playing experience is like following the play. Then read the comments whether good bad or otherwise. We seem to get quite a few demos/proof of concepts which are empty shells with an interaction or 2 and then nothing but visiting empty rooms wondering if we have seen or done everything. You are best served by launching a game that has some meat to it, if that takes you 2 or 3 months to cobble together that is fine as it will generate a buzz rather than a 3 pages of posts saying "boring", "this is shit" or "waste of time"...

Better to have your first page of comments to read: "Wow", "great start" and "looking forward to the next update"
That's what I'm talking about, now that's also really good advice. Thanks man that's awesome. I'll make a demo with meat on it, lol I like that analogy. I'm following the eight point story arc so I was thinking of releasing version 0.1 when I transition into the next point. Basically the first release will be the Stasis "The everyday life in which the story is set." Then when I hit the "Trigger" that will be version 0.2. That's the approach I'm thinking anyways.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
So I love this website and thought maybe some of you could kindly point me in the right direction, preferably with your fingers. I just started working on a game and my first question is should I even bother, will you play it? Second question is what is the best way to get this game out there? I'm going to look into Patreon but I'm sure I'll be buried and never to be found by anyone. Any advice or help will be extremely appreciated! I'm trying to get a demo out as quickly as possible but I'm a lazy ass and I don't believe anyone would be interested.

Brief Synopsis: You play as an Ambassador pretending to be gay so he can serve on an all female space ship. You have to maintain your secret in order stay on board but you also want to have sex with everyone on board somehow. The Captain and her crew don't believe you are who you say you are and everyday they will try to tempt you into revealing your true nature on the ship. If you give in, you may or may not be spaced, aka thrown out the airlock. You can build trust with each member through dialogue trees and quests and even relationships. I'm still working out the kinks as I go along.

I'm using Twine as my platform cause it's pretty easy and quick just to get something out there plus it's free. Everyday I do a little work on it and hopefully I'll have something for you to get your hands on soon.

(if the images loaded correctly)
The crew images are my first concept art if you will. I was just playing around and thought, huh. That could work. The Bikini girl is one of the first girls you meet in the game before you get on the ship.

Oh and it's a choose your own adventure style or inspired kinda game.

View attachment 61439 View attachment 61440 View attachment 61442 View attachment 61550 View attachment 61551 View attachment 61562

The premise of this sounds almost exactly like the game Assuming Gender, only you're on a spaceship and not in a college. I would say that being "gay" is the wrong way to make this work. I would follow what Assuming Gender did and make use of the gender identity thing. That way it would be possible to get approved for the mission while still being a person with a penis who likes women.

If you do it well I'd play it. My one caution though is to commit to making an immersive seduction experience. Too much grind and people will just be frustrated. Create a dating system with 2 or 3 unique dates for each female character that you might want to date. Make the game about making the right choices and being the right person to get in their pants rather than about having the right stats and accumulated affection points.

I would also suggest that you not make the women dead fish. Even if there is a segment that doesn't trust your intentions, there should be characters who are indifferent to whether or not you're lying and there should be characters who actively pursue you sexually. When it comes to characters who are reluctant to trust you you can use a points system, but it should be more about trust than affection. Affection is more organic, something that is built by spending time, touching, talking, laughing and being comfortable with you. Earning these characters' trust can be done through a series of triggered events, making the right choices gives you a point or two. Decide how low people trust you and make it individual how many events they need. Make each event unique. Nothing pulls a player out of a game faster than repeating the same bullshit task every in game day just to be treated better.

Last, I think your game would be better if the erotic plot came alongside a more fleshed out sci-fi exploration plot. Make your position on this ship something important, an engineer, or a doctor, or something. Give your character a position that doesn't give him too much power over the ship, but does give him access to the women and an opportunity to earn their trust. Have events occur. I'm not sure what you want to make your universe like, but if we are post first contact, maybe you could have the ship boarded by pirates and make your character do something heroic to save the ship. You could have, if you're an engineer, a major crisis with the engines or something to create tension that you have to solve. You could also have a smaller thing, like a specific girl complaining about her quarters being too cold, and you being helpful to fix her thermostat.

By giving your MC something to do, something to compete against other than just the female characters you can better immerse your players in the story and more importantly find clever ways to make your character earn the trust of the crew. Good luck I hope you do it.

Reactions: Palanto and JDgamer

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
The premise of this sounds almost exactly like the game Assuming Gender, only you're on a spaceship and not in a college. I would say that being "gay" is the wrong way to make this work. I would follow what Assuming Gender did and make use of the gender identity thing. That way it would be possible to get approved for the mission while still being a person with a penis who likes women.

If you do it well I'd play it. My one caution though is to commit to making an immersive seduction experience. Too
Holy fuck I love you... Just gonna start off right there. I'm tempted to leave it at that.

I never heard of Assuming Gender or played it, I'm gonna need you to test my game and tell me how close i am to it. Believe me I don't want the character to have to pretend to be gay for too long. I'm playing with the idea of most of the crew figuring out he's lying but making him believe his cover is still intact. Just to fuck with him. The whole gender identity thing might work for another character the crew will pick up in version two but that's so far down the road I can't think of it right now, but I will make a note of it. It might work for him. Just not familiar with the subject enough.

Depending on how you customize your character will make it harder to build a relationship with certain crew members and easier with others. For example the Security officer will relate more to the Ruthless Psychology trait and she'll want to spend time going over attack drills and hand to hand combat training. As for points I thought of it but then I played a game with points and oh boy I wanted a cheat code fast. So I'm going for rule of 3. Three conversations. Three quests. and Three dates. Each conversation will be a mini negotiation game.

All of the women will have sex with you for various reasons. Some just need a quick release from a close friend.

As for your role you are the Ambassador and the crews mission is exploration but they'll have a few stops on the way before they get to the outer space regions and Space opens up.

I love your idea of putting the main character to work. I will have the Captain assign him a job at once. Awesome idea.

I may have to abandon Twine as I'm not sure it can contain what I want. But transferring what I've done over to Gamemaker shouldn't be that hard. I dunno we'll see. right now I'm just trying to create content.

Thanks so much!

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Any plans on a Futa MC?
Da fuka is Futa? Is that a female with a male dick?? If so I was thinking about introducing a race of super muscled up woman in Version 2 who were men but became women.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Holy fuck I love you... Just gonna start off right there. I'm tempted to leave it at that.

I never heard of Assuming Gender or played it, I'm gonna need you to test my game and tell me how close i am to it. Believe me I don't want the character to have to pretend to be gay for too long. I'm playing with the idea of most of the crew figuring out he's lying but making him believe his cover is still intact. Just to fuck with him. The whole gender identity thing might work for another character the crew will pick up in version two but that's so far down the road I can't think of it right now, but I will make a note of it. It might work for him. Just not familiar with the subject enough.

Depending on how you customize your character will make it harder to build a relationship with certain crew members and easier with others. For example the Security officer will relate more to the Ruthless Psychology trait and she'll want to spend time going over attack drills and hand to hand combat training. As for points I thought of it but then I played a game with points and oh boy I wanted a cheat code fast. So I'm going for rule of 3. Three conversations. Three quests. and Three dates. Each conversation will be a mini negotiation game.

All of the women will have sex with you for various reasons. Some just need a quick release from a close friend.

As for your role you are the Ambassador and the crews mission is exploration but they'll have a few stops on the way before they get to the outer space regions and Space opens up.

I love your idea of putting the main character to work. I will have the Captain assign him a job at once. Awesome idea.

I may have to abandon Twine as I'm not sure it can contain what I want. But transferring what I've done over to Gamemaker shouldn't be that hard. I dunno we'll see. right now I'm just trying to create content.

Thanks so much!
No problem. Assuming Gender is still in early dev. Might only be a demo. But you can find it here on the forum if you wanna play though it real quick to see the similarities. It might even help you with the character, because the way the MC describes what he is to the Dean of Admissions is pretty succinct. I like your Rule of 3 comment. I may use that if I ever create a dating sim style game. I look forward to seeing the final product man.

Reactions: Palanto and JDgamer