Need help/advice/opinions on a game I'm working on.

Should I make this game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Okay so once I learn Ren'py I will return to this. I have all the art I made so far in photoshop so I won't have to redo it all. In the meantime to keep this game in the back of my head i'll write some motivations, choices, and experiences that each member of the crew has to keep the spark alive as they say. Thank you Darthseduction.

The Captain: Bitch. She was reassigned after getting her previous Ambassador killed. (Every ship has an Ambassador aboard for first contact purposes.) She wants to explore uncharted space like before but she needs to regain the trust of her "Lenders" again. (The corporation who manufactured her ship and provides her enough credit to explore the galaxy.) She chose you to be her Ambassador on board because of your inexperience. She feels she can control and manipulate you to do what she want's you to do. (She's a dom ;) ;) ) As for her backstory, I'll work on that later...

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I wish the people voting No would say why. That way maybe I can course correct.
From what i've read judging by responses and your responses to them it could be lack of confidence in what you are putting forward.

For me, personally, if a developer doesn't have a fully planned out storyboard and is taking ideas from random folks on forum then I tend to give them a pass.

I know some devs like to make their players feel involved but the problem you run into is you stop making the game you originally wanted to make and start making the game other people want. While that might make you a bit of money on patreon it also lowers quality because you stop giving a shit about you are doing until you decide you don't want to do it anymore and we end up with yet another abandoned game.

With so many projects that have gone tits up some people don't want a developer that asks if they should do something and prefer a developer that shows they can do something.

By coming here and asking us if you should do something all that says to me is you aren't confident enough in what you have and need reassurance which also means you are going to be pulled in various directions by people with their own "bright" ideas and that screams cluster fuck in the making.

Hopefully you can prove me wrong.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
No joke I was going to work incest into the game, perhaps as a holoscan program. But I'm going to try my hardest not to cave into the darkside. But damn, what Darksilver and MrDots is doing with Big Brother and Dating my daughter, mmm I'm sorry but hot damn.
Depending on what method or company you go with for conducting your Crowd Funding, be aware of their rules... Otherwise you run the risk of losing your funding... I personally am not a fan of patron based websites, as they've not been around long enough, and are in constant flux of redesigning their rules... And I get a feeling that in the long run, they will not be the best route to go, depending on what you plan to do with your game... You could always make your own website with basic payment methods, unless you just don't have the time for that... There are other crowd funding methods that have been used for years and years in this industry... You can look into those methods, as they were around long before some of these patron based sites started getting used and abused...

The only real reason folks began migrating to patron type websites, is because they offer a Subscription type payment service, somewhat similar to how a lot of Streamer payment companies work... And streamers always love subscription over one time payments, because people are dumb and forget they are sub'd half the time... But hey, most crowd funding methods are a gamble... Mostly because they are reliant on donations... And donations are not a guarantee...

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
So I love this website and thought maybe some of you could kindly point me in the right direction, preferably with your fingers. I just started working on a game and my first question is should I even bother, will you play it? Second question is what is the best way to get this game out there? I'm going to look into Patreon but I'm sure I'll be buried and never to be found by anyone. Any advice or help will be extremely appreciated! I'm trying to get a demo out as quickly as possible but I'm a lazy ass and I don't believe anyone would be interested.

Brief Synopsis: You play as an Ambassador pretending to be gay so he can serve on an all female space ship. You have to maintain your secret in order stay on board but you also want to have sex with everyone on board somehow. The Captain and her crew don't believe you are who you say you are and everyday they will try to tempt you into revealing your true nature on the ship. If you give in, you may or may not be spaced, aka thrown out the airlock. You can build trust with each member through dialogue trees and quests and even relationships. I'm still working out the kinks as I go along.

I'm using Twine as my platform cause it's pretty easy and quick just to get something out there plus it's free. Everyday I do a little work on it and hopefully I'll have something for you to get your hands on soon.

The crew images are my first concept art if you will. I was just playing around and thought, huh. That could work. The Bikini girl is one of the first girls you meet in the game before you get on the ship. And the Jessica Alba looking girl is a holoscan program. I'm debating if the person should be real as well.

Oh and it's a choose your own adventure style or inspired kinda game.

View attachment 61439 View attachment 61440 View attachment 61442 View attachment 61550 View attachment 61551 View attachment 61684 View attachment 61562 View attachment 61683 View attachment 61614 View attachment 61756

**Update**
As per the awesome advice this thread has generate I'm making the switch to Ren'py because with Twine I'm re-inventing the wheel as they say.

Here's some info on the crew.

The Captain:
Bitch, pretty much. She was reassigned after getting her previous Ambassador killed. (Every ship has an Ambassador for first contact purposes.) She wants to explore uncharted space like before but she needs to regain the trust of her "Lenders" again. (The corporation who manufactured her ship and provides her enough credit to explore the galaxy.) She chose you to be her Ambassador she believes she can make you do whatever she wants due to your inexperience. (She's a dom ;) ;) )

((As always I'm open to any and all suggestions, opinions, advice. I do have a vision in mind for the game but I've learned never to be to set in your ways. Stay the course but if someone knows a quicker route, follow that ass.))
Best advice I can give is that if you're passionate about doing it, have the right talent to get the job done, and have the creative mind set to stick to your guns without letting outside influence dictate your visions direction, then you'll do fine... Be confident in your own abilities... Because without confidence, you'll end up leaning on your fans and lose that strict creative control... Typically you'll get a good synopsis on how you're doing after your first 3 to 4 content releases... And listen to all comments, bad or good, without taking anything said too much to heart... If you find a comment and/or suggestion helpful, then it's up to you, use it or don't use it... But always be mindful that it is your baby, your vision, your production, you control it's destiny and direction, not the paying fans... If they don't like what your doing, they don't have to pay or play...

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
Anon whatever you do remember one thing
KISS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Especially if it's your first game and you have no spare time/low budget.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Anon whatever you do remember one thing
KISS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Especially if it's your first game and you have no spare time/low budget.
It is, I'm working on it and still learning Ren'py as I go. Keeping the same characters but changing up some things, adding some more characters, backgrounds, gameplay mechanics etc. I took everyone's advice and I will now take yours. Thanks man.

I've also been trying out other peoples games but yeah, the amount of V0.01 is getting a little ridiculous. Either they're tying to make a profit quickly or get input on the game, or can't hold their load and want to release something but all the V0.01 games on here are basically a soft-core cock tease. (Fuck she looks hot! annnd you do nothing with her... I blame the game DMD for that type of mechanic. lol)

Although I have been playing one game that has held my interest for a long fucking time and that's "School, Love & Cousins 0.10" Brilliant core mechanics but the traversal between the area's is slow and ugly to look at. Floating doors to click on to go from place to place, come on dude. lol But I still think the game is great. Girls are hot and I like how you have lots of stuff to do while progressing with different girls.

Anyways yeah, still working on it.