Need help/advice/opinions on a game I'm working on.

Should I make this game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Yet another reason why enjoy working on this.. It distracts me from my dying cat. I have to decide to give her chance to bounce back. Let her die naturally or take her to the vet to kill her. omg never have pets.. I've had her for 22yrs. Vet said she's a senior citizen basically. Cats normally only live 15yrs. Fuck man.. Never have pets.
you drank it.JPG Working on Green girl route. I thought she was ugly as fuck, so i gave her a wicked back curve that sticks out her butt. Take what you think is a weak point, and make it stronger. Self motivation..

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Go for it sounds interesting.As for getting support for the game Palanto games has suggested put it out on boards like this one, It does work as i have recently started supporting a game that i found on these boards.would probably never come across it otherwise. Good luck with the game if you go for it will keep eyes open

Reactions: JDgamer

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Go for it sounds interesting.As for getting support for the game Palanto games has suggested put it out on boards like this one, It does work as i have recently started supporting a game that i found on these boards.would probably never come across it otherwise. Good luck with the game if you go for it will keep eyes open
Thanks man I really appreciate that, honestly I'm a lazy ass and will probably only post it here. The patreon thing interests me but I don't want to think of that until i have something "meaty" to put on there. I can't stand playing these games for like five minutes and then having to wait months to get another five minute update. Once I have a meaty game going and I can say to myself, fuck this is too much, then I'll post it. I haven't even left the first two girls and the amount of variables I've coded is making my brain fry. I'll try to join other forums but all I want is a handful of friends that enjoy the game and can tell me what they would change or add. I already got some great ideas so far and I can't wait to hear what people say when I finish the demo.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
but all I want is a handful of friends that enjoy the game and can tell me what they would change or add. I already got some great ideas so far and I can't wait to hear what people say when I finish the
IMHO i wouldn't allow people to change or add anything go with your gut it is your game.Once you allow people to change things it adds to complexity (eg trying to shoe horn things in ).Thats not the way to go,stick with your vision of the game.The reason i say that is people want different things and you could end up with a very large list of things you are trying to add to the game Thus loosing your vision of the game. If you go patreon or any other donation route there are ways of rewarding your backers without them affecting the game.Example Hair Colour polls hair Style polls Alternative clothing polls. Locking certain girls of from non backers if you have the coding ability.That don't affect the game as you see it in any way( The vote result easily implemented into game ).The old adage you cant please everybody all of the time is very true.Stick to you guns

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
IMHO i wouldn't allow people to change or add anything go with your gut it is your game.Once you allow people to change things it adds to complexity (eg trying to shoe horn things in ).Thats not the way to go,stick with your vision of the game.The reason i say that is people want different things and you could end up with a very large list of things you are trying to add to the game Thus loosing your vision of the game. If you go patreon or any other donation route there are ways of rewarding your backers without them affecting the game.Example Hair Colour polls hair Style polls Alternative clothing polls. Locking certain girls of from non backers if you have the coding ability.That don't affect the game as you see it in any way( The vote result easily implemented into game ).The old adage you cant please everybody all of the time is very true.Stick to you guns
The patreon things confuses me. People pay to do a poll? I don't get it. I can't chop my game up to restrict play to certain backers, the game is the game. I can't believe people will pay more just to do a poll... Seriously people pay to do a poll? I can do a poll on here for free and ask you fucks which outfit looks better no? You guys will give me an honest opinion not a "I paid for this bitch so make her wear the bondage shit at all times." I don't get it. I'm gonna need some serious help when I throw this on Patreon, I know people say start there cause this is a pirate site. but bro.. I've been sailing these pirate waters for yeeears. Most of the games I've played and ended up paying for I actually found on pirate sites first. Try it before you buy it. I dunno, but I appreciate my fellow pirates. Pirate Code bitches.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Lets try to simplify.You have a game in mind.Its your game no one elses,If you go down backer route ie patreon yes give them input into non game play area's this can be done via polls to get a consensus.And then you implement the higher vote on the poll.I have seen quite a few games where backers have been allowed gameplay input that have become a complete mess.Don't want to see it happen to yours as it looks quite interesting

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I was reading through this entire thread and and was contemplating my response in my head earlier on, so I was glad to see this post. Not to get too existential about it, but authenticity to your original vision is crucial. Crowdsourcing smallish details that give supporters a measure of agency into affecting your product can help create a community of fans, but the most important thing you can do to create a game YOU will be happy with is to follow your vision. If some people prefer other things, that's okay! If some people don't like your game because it went this direction or that direction, that's okay! But if you end up crowdsourcing that direction, you'll end up creating someone else's game rather than the one you were interested in creating in the first place. Stick to your guns! Definitely accept constructive criticism about gameplay mechanics, etc, but tell the story that YOU want to tell, because your passion and enthusiasm for that story will make it objectively better. And if/when input from others sparks your passion, great!

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Lets try to simplify.You have a game in mind.Its your game no one elses,If you go down backer route ie patreon yes give them input into non game play area's this can be done via polls to get a consensus.And then you implement the higher vote on the poll.I have seen quite a few games where backers have been allowed gameplay input that have become a complete mess.Don't want to see it happen to yours as it looks quite interesting
Thanks man I think I get what your saying, before I go to patreon I'll post what I'm thinking on here first to see if you guys think it will work.. "Clearly I don't imagine any of you will back it, Pirate Code and all which I understand." But yeah, every little piece of insight helps. If I do go patreon route fuck man don't tell the non pirates I post on here. Keep that shit on the DL. Maybe I can do polls on character personalities and backstories. Not the main characters but like people you run into from time to time on the ship. Maybe like that?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
To take the polls idea a step further, I suggest you use them strategically. Have people vote on things you're already planning on including, so that their votes simply get the thing they want faster rather than determine what you'll do with your project. Then, every once in a while if you get a good idea that you're not sure about, throw up a poll and see if they're interested. If not, you have an answer, if so go ahead and implement it.

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
I was reading through this entire thread and and was contemplating my response in my head earlier on, so I was glad to see this post. Not to get too existential about it, but authenticity to your original vision is crucial. Crowdsourcing smallish details that give supporters a measure of agency into affecting your product can help create a community of fans, but the most important thing you can do to create a game YOU will be happy with is to follow your vision. If some people prefer other things, that's okay! If some people don't like your game because it went this direction or that direction, that's okay! But if you end up crowdsourcing that direction, you'll end up creating someone else's game rather than the one you were interested in creating in the first place. Stick to your guns! Definitely accept constructive criticism about gameplay mechanics, etc, but tell the story that YOU want to tell, because your passion and enthusiasm for that story will make it objectively better. And if/when input from others sparks your passion, great!
Far better than my wording but on the same lines

Its your story you game stay true to it

And wishing you all the best with the game.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
First off I want to say Fuck you for making me look up "existential" you educated Pirate bitch. Second, yeah you're right. I'll make sure not to lose focus on my original vision. I really appreciate your input, please step in if you see me wavering. But keep them big words to yourself you existential educated Pirate bitch. <3

Hey shit maybe you can proof read it and offer some alternative lines. That would be freaking awesome. As my enrish is not the best.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
First off I want to say Fuck you for making me look up "existential" you educated Pirate bitch. Second, yeah you're right. I'll make sure not to lose focus on my original vision. I really appreciate your input, please step in if you see me wavering. But keep them big words to yourself you existential educated Pirate bitch. <3

Hey shit maybe you can proof read it and offer some alternative lines. That would be freaking awesome. As my enrish is not the best.
Now THIS is how to make friends online :)

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
"Clearly I don't imagine any of you will back it,
I backed depraved awakenings after seeing it on here.If you put up a few itterations and its good enough people will back you.appolgies for shameless plug.But seriously if it good enough you will pick up backers :)

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Now THIS is how to make friends online :)
Cool. I genuinely said "This mother fucker.. Existent.. what?" In my head of course but I was like god damn it man, make me go to google to translate you fucking educated speech here on the open waters. Mother fucker don't you know this Pirate territory, words like them can get you killed! lol

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
I backed depraved awakenings after seeing it on here.If you put up a few itterations and its good enough people will back you.appolgies for shameless plug.But seriously if it good enough you will pick up backers :)
Plug your shit or other shit I don't give a fuck. This is Pirate waters baby, I can't stop you. I just downloaded a game a dude rated as his favorite game. There be whales over their yonder not more than two clicks due south. And it's called Dating My Daughter.. fuck I can't wait for tomorrow. It's cool if nobody on here backs my game, I'm broke as fuck right now so I understand.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
As soon as my own game launches there are a few Devs who are getting backing from me. Like ASL3dPro and Ptolemy. Just to start. Make a good game and you'll see support from the community.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
As soon as my own game launches there are a few Devs who are getting backing from me. Like ASL3dPro and Ptolemy. Just to start. Make a good game and you'll see support from the community.
Do you have a thread for your game? What is it?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Plug your shit or other shit I don't give a fuck. This is Pirate waters baby, I can't stop you. I just downloaded a game a dude rated as his favorite game. There be whales over their yonder not more than two clicks due south. And it's called Dating My Daughter.. fuck I can't wait for tomorrow. It's cool if nobody on here backs my game, I'm broke as fuck right now so I understand.
DMD just got a final warning from patreon he has to take it down completely or he's permabanned. I'm hoping he and dark silver make the move to maker support. Big names like that on a new platform will help us little guys when we go there too.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
DMD just got a final warning from patreon he has to take it down completely or he's permabanned. I'm hoping he and dark silver make the move to maker support. Big names like that on a new platform will help us little guys when we go there too.
Wait what?? Patreon is not going to host the two biggest games out right now? wtf!?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Do you have a thread for your game? What is it?
Not yet. I've got no digital art ability so I'm currently looking for an artist. Soon as I find one though it's just a matter of getting the art done. The script for the first release is written I just need images.

Game is gonna play like DMD or better, My Sweet Neighbors, and be about the blooming erotic romance between my dual protagonists, the twins Alexis and Alexander. I was inspired to do this because I feel many adult games are lacking in quality writing. I plan on making something that you play for more than just the sex, not that there won't be lots of it that is.