Need help/advice/opinions on a game I'm working on.

Should I make this game?

• Yes

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
Wait what?? Patreon is not going to host the two biggest games out right now? wtf!?
Incest bestiality and rape are against their guidelines because PayPal doesn't wanna deal with such high risk content. PayPal is what made patreon work. Maker support is using someone else, so we'll see where it goes.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Not yet. I've got no digital art ability so I'm currently looking for an artist. Soon as I find one though it's just a matter of getting the art done. The script for the first release is written I just need images.

Game is gonna play like DMD or better, My Sweet Neighbors, and be about the blooming erotic romance between my dual protagonists, the twins Alexis and Alexander. I was inspired to do this because I feel many adult games are lacking in quality writing. I plan on making something that you play for more than just the sex, not that there won't be lots of it that is.
What are them kids saying nowadays? Lit? I like the sound of that. Daz3d and Poser take a long ass time to get good at. I feel you. Honestly when I saw what was doing I immediately became his supporter. Back when I had money. His art is phenomenal and he's a gamer so he's always leaning towards the game making side. Granted I think his dumb ass is on house arrest right now so he hasn't updated is shit but yeah, the ART side of this is the hard part. I'm sacrificing my backgrounds cause fffuuck that shit takes forever.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Incest bestiality and rape are against their guidelines because PayPal doesn't wanna deal with such high risk content. PayPal is what made patreon work. Maker support is using someone else, so we'll see where it goes.
He should have come up with a better title. Not so on the nose. Dating Sim 2000 or something. Only reason they know the subect matter is cause he put it in the title. They don't play the games.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
He should have come up with a better title. Not so on the nose. Dating Sim 2000 or something. Only reason they know the subect matter is cause he put it in the title. They don't play the games.
They hit him once and he changed the official title to the abbreviation DMD. He got hit again because he was stupid enough to advertise the crack that restores incest on his page.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
They hit him once and he changed the official title to the abbreviation DMD. He got hit again because he was stupid enough to advertise the crack that restores incest on his page.
Fuuuck.. lmao! Come on man that's funny. wtf was he thinking. "Alright alright, she's your hot ass neighbor... but here's a patch that makes her your daughter." haha. idiot. love his shit but dumb mother fucker. I think I played his neighbor version and to be honest i didn't give a fuck, he just should have left her the neighbor and said hey if you can find a mod that makes her your daughter, to each their own.

Reactions: DarthSeduction

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
motivations, choices, and experiences... Thanks Darthy. You posted that in my other thread and I'm going to apply that to my characters in this game.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
motivations, choices, and experiences... Thanks Darthy. You posted that in my other thread and I'm going to apply that to my characters in this game.
No problem man. That's awesome to hear. I edited my post to add one more to that list btw. Can't believe I forgot it, probably my favourite game to date. And it's completed.

Reactions: JDgamer

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Blue Talk.JPG Like da fuck man.. that's literally for a simple two second conversation with the blue girl. The green girl is going right below. It introduces a simple negotiation. Depending on which tactic you choose from the beginning you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting it right. Fuck my head hurts.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm right there with you man. Depending on the actions that my female MC takes in the course of the first day you can have two different first nights and depending on the actions of both there are several different scenes for the morning as well. Going forward I have to keep track of how those worked out for the next time that something comes up. Is she bold enough to do this if she wasn't before? Is his lust for his sister powerful enough to kiss her here or is he going to bitch out?

Reactions: JDgamer

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
I'm right there with you man. Depending on the actions that my female MC takes in the course of the first day you can have two different first nights and depending on the actions of both there are several different scenes for the morning as well. Going forward I have to keep track of how those worked out for the next time that something comes up. Is she bold enough to do this if she wasn't before? Is his lust for his sister powerful enough to kiss her here or is he going to bitch out?
I got a headache just reading that bud. lol That's too indepth for me I think. That's some A.I. stuff right there.

U

User_215882

If you want to see how to do polls right DC (summertime saga) does it right. He plans updates with content for characters and allows backers to choose which update they want to see first. Other polls are just simple things like alternative outfits. Some though let the game go out of control like "tell us what content you want to see!" That tells me that the dev is running out of ideas or is getting lazy.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
If you want to see how to do polls right DC (summertime saga) does it right. He plans updates with content for characters and allows backers to choose which update they want to see first. Other polls are just simple things like alternative outfits. Some though let the game go out of control like "tell us what content you want to see!" That tells me that the dev is running out of ideas or is getting lazy.
I can do planets, outposts or regions of space. Offering unique stories and characters for each. Oh shit that could allow me to do all three updates and then have people vote for which update to release first. Like I can make three images which shows either the planet, outpost or Space and the Characters that you'll encounter in each. That's not bad no?

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
in the lost backstory you missed an apostrophe on the word planet's. There should be a comma after so-called friends. last two sentences should be merged into one. Should read, "It was a long hard road, but you managed to make a better life for yourself that only occasionally includes sex, drugs, and petty crime." I would put an ellipses after the word crime, denoting a pause, then write "...on the down low, of course."

In the Ruthless description it should read "a risky move for you, but" almost anytime you use but, or and, you're technically combining two thoughts into a single sentence. Doing that requires a comma.

In Survivor, "You had to overcome physical torture and watch as hostage after hostage was murdered, leaving only you and the other Ambassador." Reads better, avoid using pronouns for people who aren't defined in the sentence itself. There are exceptions but its a good rule to follow. It seems like you meant "if only to save her" but the word if is missing. Without it your sentence is saying that you did only save her for a few more moments. Instead of saying "Your plan was to..." I would say, "You'd hoped to..." It fits the mood of the rest of the paragraph more succinctly. I'd make the "Luckily it didn't come to that." part it's own sentence.

In Honorable, "and gained fame and notoriety." "in doing so" is redundant. The word you're looking for is "cease fire" Seize is to take cease is to stop. I'd combine the last two sentences again here, saying instead, "Even though you didn't get a full peace treaty, you saved many lives on both sides, a feat not likely to be forgotten by anyone soon."

I'd decide whether they are Collaborative or Manipulative based on their history. A Lost Ruthless would probably be incredibly mistrustful and not likely to collaborate. Similarly a Loved Survivor would definitely be collaborative. Just some thoughts. You'd have to decide what traits were dominant of the two for things like Loved Ruthless, but still, could be an interesting use of the elements.

U

User_215882

No thats a good idea. Polls and discord rewards are your friends as a dev. It gives people a reason to give you money so that you can use it to make your game better.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
in the lost backstory you missed an apostrophe on the word planet's. There should be a comma after so-called friends. last two sentences should be merged into one. Should read, "It was a long hard road, but you managed to make a better life for yourself that only occasionally includes sex, drugs, and petty crime." I would put an ellipses after the word crime, denoting a pause, then write "...on the down low, of course."

In the Ruthless description it should read "a risky move for you, but" almost anytime you use but, or and, you're technically combining two thoughts into a single sentence. Doing that requires a comma.

In Survivor, "You had to overcome physical torture and watch as hostage after hostage was murdered, leaving only you and the other Ambassador." Reads better, avoid using pronouns for people who aren't defined in the sentence itself. There are exceptions but its a good rule to follow. It seems like you meant "if only to save her" but the word if is missing. Without it your sentence is saying that you did only save her for a few more moments. Instead of saying "Your plan was to..." I would say, "You'd hoped to..." It fits the mood of the rest of the paragraph more succinctly. I'd make the "Luckily it didn't come to that." part it's own sentence.

In Honorable, "and gained fame and notoriety." "in doing so" is redundant. The word you're looking for is "cease fire" Seize is to take cease is to stop. I'd combine the last two sentences again here, saying instead, "Even though you didn't get a full peace treaty, you saved many lives on both sides, a feat not likely to be forgotten by anyone soon."

I'd decide whether they are Collaborative or Manipulative based on their history. A Lost Ruthless would probably be incredibly mistrustful and not likely to collaborate. Similarly a Loved Survivor would definitely be collaborative. Just some thoughts. You'd have to decide what traits were dominant of the two for things like Loved Ruthless, but still, could be an interesting use of the elements.
You rock thanks man. I'll make all those changes.

Backstory enables you to meet unique characters attached to that particular backstory.

Psychology limits who you can have a full relationship with. Each Psychology has three or more full relationship options.

Negotiating Tactic determines the three options available during negotiating dialogue scenes.

Concealed Weapon will work in some situations and not in others, depending on which one you pick.

Addiction is something you will do every night before bed which will effect your morning activities. Eventually leading to an intervention when you have a full relationship. "still brainstorming this one"

Keepsake is the one item you value the most, it changes depending on your backstory. Depending on which one you chose you will have one of six possible story arcs you can follow. A lengthy side quest if you will.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I got a headache just reading that bud. lol That's too indepth for me I think. That's some A.I. stuff right there.
Its mostly just keeping track of variables and using conditional statements whenever a scene that involves them comes up. I'm not making the stats something you as the player see, but they do exist. The catch is that unlike games like DMD that make a pro choice and a fail choice and a neutral choice, each choice in my game will simply dictate how the story progresses. There are no right or wrong actions. If you aren't bold enough for the night 1 scene you do miss a sex scene, but you gain a better understanding of Alexis' motivations come morning. Its really kinda fun, if a bit challenging.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm tempted to make the Keepsake an incest quest just to fuck with Patreon. lol
It would be easy to hide incest in your game without getting flagged. So long as you don't talk about it on your page.

JDgamer

May 27, 2017
Its mostly just keeping track of variables and using conditional statements whenever a scene that involves them comes up. I'm not making the stats something you as the player see, but they do exist. The catch is that unlike games like DMD that make a pro choice and a fail choice and a neutral choice, each choice in my game will simply dictate how the story progresses. There are no right or wrong actions. If you aren't bold enough for the night 1 scene you do miss a sex scene, but you gain a better understanding of Alexis' motivations come morning. Its really kinda fun, if a bit challenging.
That sounds awesome and more complicated than I can handle. Maybe after you finish your game I can use some of that in mine but I need to see it in action. I do like the no wrong actions approach. Always liked that approach. I hate making a wrong choice and feeling like I missed something. I may have some of that in my game now that I think about but I'm still early. I can course correct somehow.