Ren'Py - Neko Paradise [v0.20] [Alorth]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Jnx

Hello another post .07 review, spoiler alert I like this one. I say that first because for whatever reason, weird and dysmorphic proportions do it for me. (Big eyes, exaggerated waists, skin colors) One reason is I think it further helps suspend my disbelief. ANYWAY. You start of on a boat with dad and if there weren't preview pics you'd be like "More standard stuff" then wake up to all this weird stuff. Its almost open world "free roam" but there's not a lot of in-between events to do. That is to say, there's actually none.(Random event CGs aren't really much to see)You talk to the character you want an event with and just add points until you talk to them at the right time.

I'm holding back length criticisms because Dev is spread across 3 games and one project is enough to make my head spin. Either way its not that long. This is also the game that made me turn off sound in games when I originally played it due tue that one weird song. YOU KNOW WHICH ONE I MEAN. But the soundtrack is expanded and better, but I still have sound off. Sorry not sorry.

The game tries to appeal to everyone which is good and bad. Whiles theres a broad range of fetishes, it means it's spread thin. The vore literally just makes me giggle. I like size play but not like that. All in all If you like catgirls play it, if not it's not for you.

TLDR; Rayne is best girl, don't @ me
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Zalzany

Ok concept amazing. Impletation just seems to get worse and worse as it goes. Originally amazing idea, now things we thought were place holders well they are the norm. Story is kind ok, content is only ok, but worst bit is its "free roam" but bare bones on that, and zero repeatable content.

Everything is a one off where you can dream about it at night and relive it. I really find that annoying in free roam, sandbox like game. Its like ok it should just be linear then, I mean why grind for 4 days on a girl to unlock new content so from that day on till next patch with content for her you can't do anything even talk to them.

I just don't get that, why let us revisit them over and over just to be told "you got nothing to talk about." Its like wait aren't we on at a very intimate level like you and mc did some crazy shit together, and I come to say howdy, and its like "ok you can leave now, I sucked your dick, and we fucked once, I got shit to do, and we got nothing to talk about now."

Its oh oh I want to fuck them again, oh oh better go to my bed at night and dream about that first and only instance of us fucking in that area. That is just wierd I get like special events, but it wasn't that special or unique. And I still have to go visit every one every patch to talk to them 3-4 times for one new scene then be told "we got nothing to talk about" like I just got ghosted by them.

And on top that content use to be really great for the time, now its like baby steps, I can't even try to improve relations with them any more (very very few in past you could talk to, head pat whatever to up relationship score even with no new content) now I get to talk one a day to them, get a basic blowjob scene, then get ghosted by every one in the game again.

Its like grind is just there to make us feel like there is more content then there is. And the pay off is so tiny now, its like ok were more intmate yes, oh yeah no no every one is ghosting me again, and if I want to to do anything with any one I got hit fastforward till bed time and dream about it...

I just can't get behind this anymore originally it was great. Just feels like every thing has slown down in the game. Like were just hiting fastfoward all day long so we can talk to 2 people who got latest update get a simple one off BJ or something, and have every one ignore you till next update. Like I use to want to support this dev help them get more time to work on this improve it. But now its making good money its like all passion for this game has gone, maybe dev sees it as a job now. Just feels like I am going threw the motions, and waiting to daydream about what was once in this game, both in real life and in the freaking game as its the only way to have any one interact with your char once you finished the 3 new talks with a char and got your latest erotic scene sigh.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

meme_Lordo

Welp, for the first glance this progect could bring some confusion by looking on too realitiv catgirls on your screen. But don't be distracted, because you might skip quite unque story with developed characters and WELL-DONE animations of all (almost all) kinds and kinks. Definetly recomend it.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Resch

For version 0.10
    Damn, wasn't expecting much, but this is a damn fun little game. Not even something I am as much into, or maybe I am.

Anyway, the game is fun and has good animation. The art is well done and the little plot lines are cool, so far. Really liking everything about it, to this point.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

TommyEsclow

I only agree with 2 things from the dev note regarding this game. Animation and unique animated character interface.

I decided to write this review so that people don't get the wrong idea about this game. Which I did initially. In short, the game concept is great and the animations are not bad but everything else is just messy.

First of all the free-roam aspect of this game doesn't make any sense at all. There are no repeatable scenes, no time-related events, no minigames - absolutely nothing. Once you are done with the story the game dies. And what's the point in adding character-specific unlockable content where you have to grind if it's only a 1-time show?. The whole game design here is weird. Why not just make a kinetic novel?.

Another very weird thing was the gallery. There are 2 of them!. And not only that, they are just literally 2 millimeters away from your mouse cursor!. You get there by clicking on your bed and also from your PC. What - is - the - point?!. You can also apparently unlock everything there right from the start, which ruins the whole purpose of creating such a game in the first place. Why?

But the weirdest thing was in one scene with that Chocolate character. Before the actual scene begins the dev put there another scene for appreciating his animation on how well he did it. I mean seriously, It's okay if you are proud of your work which everyone should be but why the hell would you put this into the game?. Just get your attention and praises from the community. Why would you put such a pointless remark into a game?

The only good thing about this game is the animations. I can't tell much about the story since there isn't much yet.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Its bad that hasnt progressd much since the alst time i played, a long time ago.

Sandboxy, not grindy, good visuals, if you like the Neko stuff, i dont, and i enjoy it anyways. The game si hot, it has hot scenes, hot girls, dialogues dont suck, little bit silly moments, but i have seen way worst than those.

It could be better in my opinion, there a coticeable contrast between the length and intensity of the some girls scenes, and the scenes of others. Im sensing the purpose of the usual "stall the main girl, and cut her content short" bullshit. So dissapointments are a close neighbour of this project.

Having girls that would give sex, or anal in the first encounter, or a BJ or HJ without any specific order is nice, cause its not predictable.
    It is a blunt contrast when one specific girl goes half HJ-HJ-BJ. In my opinion the firs approach adds quality, the second is just and update milker.

I guess i wont be palying this game for another year. CYA
  7. 3.00 star(s)

whysoserious222

+ Interesting characters
    + nice renders
    + beautiful animations...

- ... that last 10 seconds, seriously? why sexscenes are so freakin short? if you can't do it otherwise, just put more damn text to click through, this bothers me to the point that I'm not enjoying this game just because sexscenes are so short (and this is vital part of the game)
    - little grind

3/5

If animations/sexscenes will be longer, like 2 minutes at least, this will easily be 4/5
  8. 5.00 star(s)

dstarfire

This is easily one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. There's certainly a lot of love and effort poured into making this. The developer has made the unique choice to add subtle animations to the casual interactions as well as the sex scenes. The characters have believable personalities and are utterly adorable (each in their own way).

The gameplay consists of visiting various locations on the island at different times of day and talking to the various characters which triggers events. It's not at all grindy since each interaction is fun and interesting on it's own. They don't need to be repeated to advance the story, and there's even an in-game panel that tells you what you need to do next to advance each relationship and the plot.

Visually, the quality is incredible, even for the current generation. In many scenes the character changes their pose when you mouse over them, as if they're suddenly paying more attention to you. Their appearance and poses are well-suited to the backgrounds.

The futa content is totally optional, as is most of the vore. When disabled there's no hint of it in the game, aside from some dialog hints for the vore and ambiguous scenes that'd work just as well if an NPC is male or female. The transformation tag simply refers to the fact that the main character was born a human male and turned into a catboy after living on the island for a time. There's no gender swapping or stuff to worry about here.

The only drawback to this game is the amount of content and frequency of updates. Which makes sense given how much work is clearly put into it. This is like a 100 year aged bottle of Scotch, a Cuban cigar, or the finest of French wines - a rare delicacy that is best treasured over time.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

casio10ep

Great models and textures especially if you like face freckles like I do. A normal range of breast sizes which I always appreciate. Well done looping animations. Lots of kitty girl sex already. Content you're not interested in is avoidable through obvious in game dialogue choices.

Plot is so far at least a barebones framework of an excuse to hang lots of scenes of the aforementioned kitty sex. This is fine, if you like me, are here for the "plot" and not a plot. Plenty of cute interactions/conversations with characters. These conversations are the main way you unlock sex scenes with characters.

One issue however is, that some of the story scenes will jump backwards in time, but the game (as far as I can tell) will give no indication that this has happened. Only afterwards though inference will you think "oh, I guess that was in the past." Another is there are a lot of characters already, possibly too many, as it likely limits the number of scenes any individual character has.

I definitely hope to see more of this.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Nemisarie

Great Story, Sexy cat girls, awesome renders and good gameplay, only downside is that it is a bit to easy... One of my favorite games to see an update for and immediately get excited to download to see what the dev has added... Game has got me hooked on Nekos....
  11. 5.00 star(s)

wesWWW

This game is just incredible. The art is wonderful, the scenes are very well done, great dialogues, and everything is super cute.

Certainly one of the best games I've ever played. Looking forward to the next updates.

S2 Lily!!!!!

And we have the best wife ever.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

Ggwpglhf

The game starts off well enough with an intoduction of the human? Mc and his seemkngly human fishermans family but then you suddently wake up with a tail, a wifey and a daughter also with tails and ears, made the previous story / prologue seem totally dislodged and unrelated.
    And as you wake up after the good build up from the dislodged prologue you quickly find out that theres not much story atall but just sandbox time skipping between story events.
    Not sure if im missing something or android version is bugged since I only seem able to trigger story events and nothing for individual chracters.
    And now I'm stuck even on the story events since the dinner im supposed to have at midday in the kitchen does not trigger.
    Doesnt change much in the end I guess unless the character events unlike the story ones are much longer and more coherent.
    The longest event sofar was a dream sequence (i think?) The whole ordeal wad abot confusing but seeing as the character was back in the bedroom afterwards that was my assumption.

I feel if the sandbox elements was removed and the prologue was revised or removed this could potentially be a very cute and satisfying game, as the small glimpses I've been able to get of the different characters and the minimal dialogue presented with them sofar has been pretty good.

So if the developer isnt using sandbox mode like many to mask the actual lack of storytelling an alternative VN mode for this would be awesome (given that there is/will be enough content for it)
    Personally I would just scrap sandbox as it's a very lazy and outdated mechanic imo, but maby it plays out better on pc, and of there is more content I missed and the game time isnt spent on an overwhelming majority of sandbpx play then I guess It could be alright or even enjoyable fpr some.
    Personally I think it hinders any immersion and unless tied together well with the events ot just takes away from the story.

Rating this will be hard but I can only do it with the content I encountered.
    Graphics 4/5 it had some pretty good renders and even an animations was pretty decent.
    Story 1/5 I dont really feel like there was any story after the prologue with the storm.
    Dialogue 2/5 I would have rated this higher if not fpr the minimal amounth.
    Gameplay 1/5 The sandox was used as a litterbox here (fitting for a neko game):unsure::p
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Jolong22

Very nicely done game. Quality of renders is on very high level and so are the animations. Story seems interesting, characters are well written so are dialogues. I'd recommend this game, definetely for its visual. 9.5/10. [v0.10] .
  14. 3.00 star(s)

slocal

The characters are cute and playful (I guess this is what you'd want from Neko...), but the story is clunky. It's a little incoherent about how it fits together and what you're supposed to be doing... and this is after completing all available content in the 0.09 update. The MC is contently being "introduced" to the world though we are supposed to believe he's been on the island long enough to have a teen daughter. Maybe it will make more sense at a later update, but as of now, I would say it's not worth it unless you just want to see the renders.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Paul8891

очень красивая игра =) хочу еще. с нетерпением жду следующих обновлений( кстати что о них слышно???) автору мое почтение, гений и всей его команде большое спасибо. Буду тут постоянно чтобы следить за обновлениями
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Jack10t

+ excellent renders and hot action
    - too little content (v0.09b) and slow content addition to the point that updates are spread over too many characters compromising character development :(

Potentially a classic of a game. Played near the second or third update and found it lacking in content. So I left it for a long time returning at V0.09b. Render quality fantastic and very interesting characters and fetishes, but altogether still has too little content and leaves you unsatisfied especially considering that this game has been in development since 2019.

I hope content addition accelerates, and I don't think I will get back to playing until a complete game is launched.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Tyronehu

It's a really good game, the art of the characters is great, you can choose to see certain escenes or genres if you don't like them, and the free roam makes it a real sandbox. Finally the game has an in-game guide, making it easier.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

altident08

Fantastic level of quality and polish for an unfinished game. The models may be an acquired taste for some and it doesn't have what you'd call a complex and far-reaching plot at this point, but it's extremely well made, extremely sexy and has a boat load of content already. Definitely looking forward to more.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ItsDestroy

Unique character models and story. I enjoyed the animations and scenes very much. And of course, the feature which makes this game 5 stars worthy is impregnation, pregnancy, and even optional birth if that's your thing. Can't tell you how disappointing these games are without impregnation but it usually proves to be a rarity.

Excellent game, and keep up the good work!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

frethed

damned nice, can't wait for more content, especially pregnancy.
    Models are awesome, animations good, story/setting is nice.
    Different levels of cat and different hybrid types are really good.
    Don't know what else to say.