harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
And I actually agree with you, variety is good. Now check the vast majority of games tagged with harem on this site and you will see most female characters follow the subservient cheerleader pattern
My impression is the opposite. with most of the women on this site in harem games being strong women. often swordswoman or pugalists. much more rarely being powerful mages

Reactions: The D0n

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I have a hard time placing much faith in the MC when he's joking about assaulting people in a dark alley in the hope Eliza will learn to not *quite* kill them.
View attachment 3299661

I get that Eliza is the game's main LI, but that doesn't mean the lives of the background characters are literally meaningless compared to her. This whole vampire twist has been a poorly thought out train wreck, mostly by the characters but at least partially by the author as well. :(
Honestly, I'm kind of in the same boat with the Vampire thing. I get the Dev needed something to make her still significant to the story but the whole Vampire thing has completely lost me. For me I thought the entire Pirate arc thing was a pretty meh story, and having it end with her turn into a vamp and just kill a random girl kind of just kills her character for me.

I'll probably give it one more update to see if it gets salvaged but I dont have much hope anymore.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm kind of in the same boat with the Vampire thing. I get the Dev needed something to make her still significant to the story but the whole Vampire thing has completely lost me. For me I thought the entire Pirate arc thing was a pretty meh story, and having it end with her turn into a vamp and just kill a random girl kind of just kills her character for me.

I'll probably give it one more update to see if it gets salvaged but I dont have much hope anymore.
Yeah im hoping she doesn't go on a rampage and kill left and right cause right now the only thing that is saving her character for me is the fact her personality isn't changed. I can get past the murder cause it's day 1 of her being a vampire and I was expecting it to happen. But if one of those 2 things I mentioned changes she will be ruined for me but I wouldn't drop this game cause I do enjoy the story quite alot.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
I agree that Eliza should have felt more guilty about killing an innocent, but I kind of like the Vampire stuff because it will give her more depth, she was a little bit too "normal" for the story that MC is involved in.

Having said that, I love Onyx she is great, I loooooove sexy symbiote stuff, and she is cool.
Eh, i think there absolutely was space for her being a "normal" person and being a grounding person for the MC to keep his humanity while he undergoes all his changes that will happen.

I would have much, MUCH rather seen her being used that way, let the MC have the rash decisions with CHOICES on how to handle them, and let her be his moral human compass.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah im hoping she doesn't go on a rampage and kill left and right cause right now the only thing that is saving her character for me is the fact her personality isn't changed. I can get past the murder cause it's day 1 of her being a vampire and I was expecting it to happen. But if one of those 2 things I mentioned changes she will be ruined for me but I wouldn't drop this game cause I do enjoy the story quite alot.
I just dont see a path where she remains a vampire that will get me to want to play this game again. Imo her character would have been much better being a moral compass "normal" human while the MC goes through all his changes, being a partner to ground him and not let him corrupt.

Her being a vamp just to keep up with a MC thats going to gain power just to keep her relevant is boring imo, and a waste of a really good character so far.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Eh, i think there absolutely was space for her being a "normal" person and being a grounding person for the MC to keep his humanity while he undergoes all his changes that will happen.

I would have much, MUCH rather seen her being used that way, let the MC have the rash decisions with CHOICES on how to handle them, and let her be his moral human compass.
Sure, I can agree with this, but then if and when powercreep seeps in, given that you are getting magical people, fairies, Pirates and now a sweet symbiote, our heroine could be left behind (in terms of power) and be a victim again of our antagonist(s).

So, this could feel like an easy way out, but I can see the potential if handled properly. I hope to see her be more nuanced than just leaving a body behind and prancing on the roof, but I'm fond of the game so I can give it a little leeway (at least for now).

Reactions: linkinn

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I just dont see a path where she remains a vampire that will get me to want to play this game again. Imo her character would have been much better being a moral compass "normal" human while the MC goes through all his changes, being a partner to ground him and not let him corrupt.

Her being a vamp just to keep up with a MC thats going to gain power just to keep her relevant is boring imo, and a waste of a really good character so far.
yeah I agree I much rather her stay the way she was as well it is what it is tho. I mostly have accepted it only cause her personality is still the same and to me that makes the character more than her being a vampire or not. But yeah at the end of the day when I think about it is still a bit hard to accept at times cause she was so much better when she didn't have that power to keep up. But as long as her overall character stays the same ( her personality) I think ill be able eventually move past what I don't like from the changes. Cause I do very much enjoy the story alot.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Sure, I can agree with this, but then if and when powercreep seeps in, given that you are getting magical people, fairies, Pirates and now a sweet symbiote, our heroine could be left behind (in terms of power) and be a victim again of our antagonist(s).

So, this could feel like an easy way out, but I can see the potential if handled properly. I hope to see her be more nuanced than just leaving a body behind and prancing on the roof, but I'm fond of the game so I can give it a little leeway (at least for now).
To me that even more of a reason to have a normal human partner rather than another magical creature. Imo with what we had seen from her character until this whole vamp thing, it would have made way more sense to have her as a human and being something tying the MC to his humanity side. I just think there is a far more interesting story for the characters if he was struggling with his humanity and where he came from and had a partner to help him with that.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
You guys are focusing too much on negatives. I think possibly having her as a badass Blade-meets-Bloodrayne character has some serious potential. :sneaky:
While I personally agree, the criticism people are providing for why they're dropping this AVN are also valid (myself included).

I posted awhile ago my predictions on how the plot would incorporate the morality system into it, specifically how each character would represent a point on the morality scale. This is the approach Bioware took when producing the companions for ME1 (even allowing for minor changes in their morality), but it doesn't seem to be the approach Buu is taking. Specifically, I predicted Eliza would essentially represent a dominantly Light Path MC, with Selena representing a dominantly Dark Path one, but the end result is that Selina is disposed of quickly and Eliza is shifted towards a dominantly Dark Path persona.

IMO, I think Buu would've been better off writing a Kinetic Novel instead of a choice based one, since it's clear he has rigid plans for the role each character will play. It would also work better with his current workflow in releasing 1 update each month in that he wouldn't have to worry about implementing any branching (which is the still an unmastered concept by almost every dev on this site).

Anyways, I've rambled on enough. I'll still keep an eye on this thread to see what direction Buu decides to take this AVN next, but I'm probably done getting involved in any kind of discussion until then.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
it would have made way more sense to have her as a human and being something tying the MC to his humanity side. I just think there is a far more interesting story for the characters if he was struggling with his humanity and where he came from and had a partner to help him with that.
I could argue that having her being a fledgling Vampire with a strong ancient bloodline could help MC find his humanity MORE because now he has a "duty" to guide her towards being more human than succumbing to the beast, sort of like a mirror of himself, while also raising the stakes.

Anyways, we'll see in later updates and the game hasn't let me down yet.

I think possibly having her as a badass Blade-meets-Bloodrayne character has some serious potential
Hell yeah.

Reactions: Tokenugget

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022

You won't play this anymore because you'd rather Eliza stay as a simple little girl that fawns over the MC but has the ability to calm him down if he rages....Such an amazing story arch!! :ROFLMAO:

But now she becomes a badass vampire Queen, 2nd in line with Lucid herself and has her own demons to fight with the bloodthirst, similar to the MC's murderous rage.... now they both have to support each-other from becoming monsters.

Geez, not sure what story i'd rather follow...

Last edited:

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
You guys are focusing too much on negatives. I think possibly having her as a badass Blade-meets-Bloodrayne character has some serious potential. :sneaky:
Her charm lies entirely in her bubbly personality, at least for me. Transforming her into a badass could potentially disrupt that charm; it ultimately depends on how Buu handles the tone of her scenes.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Her charm lies entirely in her bubbly personality, at least for me. Transforming her into a badass could potentially disrupt that charm; it ultimately depends on how Buu handles the tone of her scenes.
At the moment the ruling concept is that "her emotions are heightened, and could lead to bloodlust/thirst", so she can still be bubbly. At least on the route to the training circle thingy in the forest she was good ol' Eliza. Same with her behind the counter in the adventurer's guild, so maybe there is room for both. At least that is what I hope for.

Reactions: linkinn

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
You won't play this anymore because you'd rather Eliza stay as a simple like girl that fawns over the MC but has the ability to calm him down if he rages....Such an amazing story arch!! :ROFLMAO:

But now she becomes a badass vampire Queen, 2nd in line with Lucid herself and has her own demons to fight with the bloodthirst, similar to the MC's murderous rage.... now they both have to support each-other from becoming monsters.

Geez, not sure what story i'd rather follow...
I dont want to play a game that has her turn into some fake power leveled monster to try keeping her relevant to a character that will undoubtably gain insane power ala DBZ.

Before she was a loving girl who could have helped the MC stay grounded in his humanity while being a moral compass to a character with power they never had before.

See I can make examples too.

Reactions: JonTommy
4.10 star(s) 60 Votes