Jul 28, 2023
Can anybody tell me if Flynn ends up being Kelly if you don't ? I'm kind of getting that impression.
I'm on her route so far but I would not mind giving the guy a win if that's actually a thing.

• Angry
Reactions: holaje12

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Voting results are in for the Samarah choice! Interesting, 60% if users opted to kill her while 40% of users spared her, meaning the decision is a bit more split than some people initially believed (myself included). Excellent job BuuPlays for implementing such a divisive choice!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wouldn't say the story is wholesome, but rather gets you invested into it's characters with adequate screen time and well written dialogue. The undertone is a bit more insidious as some of the plot developments are a direct result of the MC's main goal (avenging his parents). All of that is drowned out by the interactions you have with Eliza and Borri in the first 2 chapters.
who's samarah, i dont remember her

Sep 6, 2021
Hmm. It's a promising start, but there are too many problems to give it 5 stars. I'd give it a tentative 4 right now, but that'd lower its rating, so I'll just wait.

There are definite plusses: the writing is good (although I spotetd a few typos), the girls are different and interesting, and quite attractive, and the story is interesting. I'm much better at writing criticisms, to be honest:

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Hmm. It's a promising start, but there are too many problems to give it 5 stars. I'd give it a tentative 4 right now, but that'd lower its rating, so I'll just wait.

There are definite plusses: the writing is good (although I spotetd a few typos), the girls are different and interesting, and quite attractive, and the story is interesting. I'm much better at writing criticisms, to be honest:

Obviously, I'm not the dev, but I don't agree with some of your criticisms.

-Some breast shapes are impossible
It's literally a fantasy game with goblins, fairies, magic, angels, etc, but someone having unrealistic titties is too much? This is just silly.

-Alice can't be in love with the protagonist because she was only 10 when she thought he died.
I strongly disagree that 10 year olds can't fall in love with each other, or at the very least develop a strong affection, they may not know what it is or how to act on those feelings but it can (and does) happen. You need to remember that they're from a small village and spent a ton of time together. People being hung up on a lost loved one is also hardly unheard of, if your best friend/crush dies and you're virtually alone in a small village, it's not at all unreasonable for her to pine for him, especially since there was no body, so she could hold out hope that he was alive. But more important than all of this, is simply that her enduring affection is romantic. There can be limits to how unrealistic a story can or should be, but I hardly think that this crosses that threshold, or even comes remotely close.

As for the Harem path(s), I'm pretty sure that it's more or less automatic by pursuing multiple LIs, but, as far as I recall, no harem variables have been introduced as of v0.3.3

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Can anybody tell me if Flynn ends up being Kelly if you don't ? I'm kind of getting that impression.
I'm on her route so far but I would not mind giving the guy a win if that's actually a thing.
I haven't seen how she is when you're not on her path, but she doesn't even particularly like him, I think it's fair to say that she tolerates him. Additionally, people generally don't like to see a LI end up with other guys, even when they aren't on their route, so I'm going to go ahead and say that's a 99% chance of not happening. I wouldn't mind a side character being introduced specifically as a LI for Flynn because he's a good guy, but it would be distasteful to pawn a rejected LI off onto him.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Nephilim [v0.3.4] [BuuPlays] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win/Linux [674 MB]
- - -

Mac [643 MB]
- - -

-----------------------------------

Nephilim [v0.3.4] [BuuPlays] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: v0.3.3 -> v0.3.4 [102 MB]
- - -

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Sep 6, 2021
It's literally a fantasy game with goblins, fairies, magic, angels, etc, but someone having unrealistic titties is too much? This is just silly.
A: it's a human whose breasts I'm complaining about. B: it's not an attractive shape. It's really wierd. They could be the shape of the Washington Monument, but I wouldn't be a fan of that either. If the reason for the shape is because the character got a boobjob, then it's plot and character at the cost of attractiveness. Here it's not.

I strongly disagree that 10 year olds can't fall in love with each other
In the US, 10 years old is elementary school. I remember a bit about elementary school. Yes, people had crushes, often foolishly mistaking them for love, but they didn't last 10 months, let alone 10 years. 10 year olds can have affections that they perceive as strong, and humans can remain in love for many years, but 10 year old humans can't do both at the same time. My experiences tell me that that is not plausible.
As a result, it makes the character unbelievable, thus disconnecting them from the audience. That is too unrealistic, even for fantasy, since it harms the viewer's experience.
As I said, "there are plenty of other ways for them to get set on a romantic path," and this one, which seems completely implausible to me, is thus quite poor.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
A: it's a human whose breasts I'm complaining about. B: it's not an attractive shape. It's really wierd. They could be the shape of the Washington Monument, but I wouldn't be a fan of that either. If the reason for the shape is because the character got a boobjob, then it's plot and character at the cost of attractiveness. Here it's not.

In the US, 10 years old is elementary school. I remember a bit about elementary school. Yes, people had crushes, often foolishly mistaking them for love, but they didn't last 10 months, let alone 10 years. 10 year olds can have affections that they perceive as strong, and humans can remain in love for many years, but 10 year old humans can't do both at the same time. My experiences tell me that that is not plausible.
As a result, it makes the character unbelievable, thus disconnecting them from the audience. That is too unrealistic, even for fantasy, since it harms the viewer's experience.
As I said, "there are plenty of other ways for them to get set on a romantic path," and this one, which seems completely implausible to me, is thus quite poor.
-If the problem is that they're unrealistic, she could just make a magic titty alteration potion, problem solved. Except your complaint isn't that her tits are unrealistic, it's simply that you don't like them. To which I would say, just ignore her then, I'm pretty sure she's not even gonna be a LI.

-We're not talking about a normal modern day situation, we're talking about a relationship that's happening in what is essentially a small medieval village. Alice has like 3 friends her age, one of whom is her best friend/crush, who mysteriously disappears and now she's essentially alone. Who is it that she was supposed to move on to? Flynn? He's basically the only other young guy around, and he's MC's cousin. I'm sorry that you don't understand sentimentality, but once again, this is very much a "you" problem, not a writing problem. To be clear, this still wouldn't even be a problem if it were in a modern day setting. Some people are simply more sentimental than you.

Reactions: Maviarab
4.10 star(s) 61 Votes