Sep 6, 2021
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Congrats, you're last few posts are so idiotic I actually thought I'd reply because I'm out of reactions. You should write a pediatric psychology book, as you're so obviously an expert in childs feelings and emotions...
Wow, what a thorough rebuttal. I suppose it's inconceivable to you that someone has experience as a human that disagrees with yours.

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
(Wow, fuck you too.) I have sentimentality, feelings, emotion, etc. (I once longed for a girl 4 years after we went separate ways.) I just have a sense of reality. The village may be medieval, but the people are still human, and ten year old humans do not behave like that. And "moving on" doesn't always have a "to".
Fiction, whatever the setting, fundamentally deals with human emotions and experiences. If human characters behave in ways that humans simply do not, it detracts from the story. I'm sorry if that's over your head, but that's very much a "you" problem.
Dude, you are literally just wrong. People absolutely can, and do, act that way, even at that age. You are saying that it is unacceptably unrealistic that someone who experiences traumatic loss due to the sudden and mysterious disappearance of the person she cares about most, perhaps other than her mother, holds out hope for his return and pines for him, while she is virtually ALONE (you really don't seem to grasp this part, in particular) and hasn't yet moved on from him at the ripe old age of about 20?

Reactions: MaxRichard

BuuPlays

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2022
Happy Friday everyone!
This update is mainly targeted towards Kira content and I understand not everyone is interested in our red-headed pirate, hopefully you will still enjoy the update.

I'm already deep into development of the upcoming December update which will be roughly 3x the size (900 Renders) of our regular updates (300 Renders).:coffee:
In December our pirating adventures will come to an end (for now). We will finally set foot on dry land and catch up with everyone.

Cheers!

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Why the hell is this game just about those fucking pirates now? every update is the same thing with the same girl, I choose to ignore her and they keep giving us hundreds of romance choices over and over again holy shit, this game was so good at the beginning now it's just another one to skip.
The game is "about the pirates now" because that's the current storyline, which is introducing the Pirate LIs and will lead to healing Eliza.

Sep 6, 2021
Dude, you are literally just wrong. People absolutely can, and do, act that way, even at that age. You are saying that it is unacceptably unrealistic that someone who experiences traumatic loss due to the sudden and mysterious disappearance of the person she cares about most, perhaps other than her mother, holds out hope for his return and pines for him, while she is virtually ALONE (you really don't seem to grasp this part, in particular) and hasn't yet moved on from him at the ripe old age of about 20?
Yes. I'm saying that. I have never, in my life, seen anything to indicate that a ten year old is capable of that. I guess that's where we can agree to disagree. 20 may not be old, but it's a lot different than 10.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Happy Friday everyone!
This update is mainly targeted towards Kira content and I understand not everyone is interested in our red-headed pirate, hopefully you will still enjoy the update.

I'm already deep into development of the upcoming December update which will be roughly 3x the size (900 Renders) of our regular updates (300 Renders).:coffee:
In December our pirating adventures will come to an end (for now). We will finally set foot on dry land and catch up with everyone.

Cheers!
Well... I, for one, like Kira! Sure Eliza is my main girl but, me and Kira got the banter goin' on... Before this update is through... I think Imma spank dat ass... :p Jus' Sayin' :cool:

TKdropemoff

Oct 4, 2023
man eliza is still my number 1 but KIRA???? Eliza got competition for that number 1 fav spot now....

this was such a nice update.

Really enjoyed it, and kira.;)

she too god damn adorable.

idk how anyone can not be interested in her, she's great!

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Yes. I'm saying that. I have never, in my life, seen anything to indicate that a ten year old is capable of that. I guess that's where we can agree to disagree. 20 may not be old, but it's a lot different than 10.
Because you have never personally seen it, means that it is completely contrary to human nature? How many 10 year olds did you know who mysteriously vanished and/or died? I'd almost guarantee you have literally zero life experiences which are equivalent to the situation Alice was in, for multiple reasons. I know a woman who lost her fledgling boyfriend at age 12, she didn't lose her virginity for over 20 years from then, granted, she wasn't just longing for him all that time, but it set her back dramatically. Is that a typical scenario, no, but it is real.

Sep 6, 2021
Because you have never personally seen it, means that it is completely contrary to human nature?
A lot changes between 10 and 12. I can see how your experience there would give you reason to find Alice's story more plausible.
That said, when someone loses someone, the trauma from that experience can impact future relationships far after the love itself has faded.
But I can only speak with the knowledge gained from the experiences I've had, and what I've extrapolated from that, just like everyone else. I can believe a lot of things that I haven't personally seen; people behave in strange ways. But there are limits to (sane) human behaviors. We can argue philosophy for a long time - I actually wouldn't mind - but the essence of my complaint is that her story feels implausible to me - both at first glance and upon further reflection/analysis -, and I don't think I'm alone in that.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
A lot changes between 10 and 12. I can see how your experience there would give you reason to find Alice's story more plausible.
That said, when someone loses someone, the trauma from that experience can impact future relationships far after the love itself has faded.
But I can only speak with the knowledge gained from the experiences I've had, and what I've extrapolated from that, just like everyone else. I can believe a lot of things that I haven't personally seen. People behave in strange ways. But there are limits to (sane) human behaviors. We can argue philosophy for a long time - I actually wouldn't mind - but the essence of my complaint is that her story feels implausible to me - both at first glance and upon further reflection/analysis -, and I don't think I'm alone in that.
Sure looks like you're alone with it....

*shrugs*

ryansFLYIN

Sep 19, 2022
idk how anyone can not be interested in her, she's great!
If you don't take being able to read her thoughts into consideration, she's kinda a bitch lol.
She also springs that detour onto the MC, even though she knows he's desperately trying to get to the island. Playing from the MC's perspective and his urgency to get back to Eliza, she's turning from a rude uber driver to an obstacle.

For me, first impressions are like 80% and character growth is like 20% when it comes to my opinion on someone, and she made a horrible first impression, imo. Can't see her coming back from that, especially since she keeps piling on the awfulness.

TBH, it's really annoying that the MC's thoughts/words don't correlate to the choices I've made with her. I've taken every step to avoid getting any points with her, but the MC is acting like I'm interested in her. I've been powering through these updates, but this last one I just held down CTRL to get to the end.

4.10 star(s) 61 Votes