4.30 star(s) 59 Votes

Le Stag

May 7, 2024
That's good, because there are a lot of little issues past chapter 3 that should probably be looked at as well. Typos, the incorrectly tagged messages I mentioned earlier, that kind of thing.

I am curious about a couple things, mildly related. One, what is the intended tone of the 'balance' route? Is it supposed to be a midpoint between dom/sub, or a mix? Cause I remember a few times thinking along the lines of "wow, that's kinda mean" while playing balanced. Nothing specific, just a feeling.
Two, and this one might be too much too early or tell, but will there be distinct 'routes' for the three Tendencies?
I'm thinking about doing some scenes exclusive to specific routes. It may require more work, as you said. I'll have to see.

For the Balanced route, I try to mix both dom & sub, without going too far in each. Basically, I see it as Laura being herself, without any input from your part on how the relation should evolve. And because Laura is a tease, it may go to her dom side a bit more.

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
I see it as Laura being herself, without any input from your part on how the relation should evolve. And because Laura is a tease, it may go to her dom side a bit more.
And because the MC not giving any input on how the relationship should evolve is a more submissive thing to do, it also pushes her more towards teasing. That actually makes a lot of sense.

Cautiously optimistic with how things seem to be turning out, excited to see where things go from here. Game could end up being something very special indeed by the time it's finished.

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
as long as there's consent from both part
Debatable.
Quite a few moments where consent is either forced on the player (which you can argue) with a "yes" or "yeah" choice. But also quite a few moments where the reply was "well, I am going to do it anyway". Or where there is no choice to begin with (going raw for example).

Also, the conversation about setting limits has come up a couple of times, but the conversation to actually set limits never happens.

deviousstorm

Aug 24, 2019
Weekly post is on patreon (visible with free membership)

‘Version 0.8 being a "general improvements" update’

Changes for save system.
Changes on some of the photo
View attachment 3859265

A little sad as I prefer the first line but it is for consistency
Hurrah! Lets gooo.

can't wait to see the .8 changes and what he is going to do. Love this slow grilled story.

deviousstorm

Aug 24, 2019
I'm thinking about doing some scenes exclusive to specific routes. It may require more work, as you said. I'll have to see.

For the Balanced route, I try to mix both dom & sub, without going too far in each. Basically, I see it as Laura being herself, without any input from your part on how the relation should evolve. And because Laura is a tease, it may go to her dom side a bit more.
Yeah take your time man. This is always a very hard thing to balance especially in game design, having designed a visual novel, I know its pretty hard to like map out all the choices. Idk if you have yet, but a user journey map might help with this especially for you to track everything a player can do. So that way you can narrow down some choices or merge out so you don't have giant spider web of choices.

Its okay for some choices to just end entire scenarios! Which you seem to be doing with Ashley!

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
Quite a few moments where consent is either forced on the player (which you can argue) with a "yes" or "yeah" choice. But also quite a few moments where the reply was "well, I am going to do it anyway". Or where there is no choice to begin with (going raw for example).

Also, the conversation about setting limits has come up a couple of times, but the conversation to actually set limits never happens.
This is mostly the result of the intent of the game I suspect. The game's premise is about a fully consensual NTS relationship that you, the player, are in control of to some degree every step of the way. But realistically, that's impossible. You can't give players the option to say no to getting cucked, for example, otherwise your NTS game is no longer an NTS game. If you give the player the power to say no to anything and everything, then they may end up at the end of 0.7.1 with Laura only going as far as kissing--it's too many variables to keep track of, and too many scene variants to make.

On the other hand, there are certain things that currently must happen when they probably should be optional (such as going raw)... if the MC is meant to be a self-insert.

Right now, he's not. He's a weird mix of faceless insert and independent character, so it leads to discord like this. You can influence his decisions in some ways, but he's still making his own choices at the end of the day. Unless Stag is planning on adding and editing a ridiculous amount of content for story already touched on, it'll probably be best to think of the MC as his own character with his own agency that you occasionally can direct instead of a full self-insert.

In this light, I strongly suspect we are meant to believe the conversation about limits actually did happen, just offscreen. Same as all the reclaiming sex--MC and Laura have a very active relationship, but we haven't seen one scene about it yet because that's not what the game is about.

Reactions: HahaBooba and fbass

fbass

May 18, 2017
This is mostly the result of the intent of the game I suspect. The game's premise is about a fully consensual NTS relationship that you, the player, are in control of to some degree every step of the way. But realistically, that's impossible. You can't give players the option to say no to getting cucked, for example, otherwise your NTS game is no longer an NTS game. If you give the player the power to say no to anything and everything, then they may end up at the end of 0.7.1 with Laura only going as far as kissing--it's too many variables to keep track of, and too many scene variants to make.

On the other hand, there are certain things that currently must happen when they probably should be optional (such as going raw)... if the MC is meant to be a self-insert.

Right now, he's not. He's a weird mix of faceless insert and independent character, so it leads to discord like this. You can influence his decisions in some ways, but he's still making his own choices at the end of the day. Unless Stag is planning on adding and editing a ridiculous amount of content for story already touched on, it'll probably be best to think of the MC as his own character with his own agency that you occasionally can direct instead of a full self-insert.

In this light, I strongly suspect we are meant to believe the conversation about limits actually did happen, just offscreen. Same as all the reclaiming sex--MC and Laura have a very active relationship, but we haven't seen one scene about it yet because that's not what the game is about.
Blows my mind when people play these type of VNs and try to avoid the main theme, not sure what they expect

Reactions: deviousstorm

Eidolic

Jun 11, 2019
Blows my mind when people play these type of VNs and try to avoid the main theme, not sure what they expect
I mean I can see the appeal of it. Being able to say no to everything (even if it leads to an immediate game over because heyo, you say no to all the content you get no content) is a hell of a good way to make the player feel like they're in control of the situation. And I think that's what most people are afraid of with this kind of subject matter--losing control. For the fantasy to become reality, despite what they want. When the fetish is about playing with fire, it's inevitable different people will have different ways of avoiding getting burned.

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
I like the game. It took me a while to figure out how to save the game, but once I did, it's simple. I have not been able to figure out how to make it windowed rather than full screen. That would be nice.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 59 Votes