Others Completed Netoria Tactics: Revolution [Carwyn Triumphant Update] [Apollo Seven]

4.10 star(s) 56 Votes

Balistare

Sep 23, 2018
No female form Carwyn is always a Cursed Maiden. It's a bit of a balancing mechanic, the form is very strong early, but becomes less so in comparison to base form over time. What class you choose for the first promotion doesn't effect the second one.
While I understand your reasoning behind it, it kinda feels unrewarding to not have the ability to advance classes with female Carwyn especially since Gwen gets her own corrupted classes and the corruption of Carwyn is technically already a balancing factor for the female form. It would be nice to have at least something, even if it isn't as strong as his male classes.

Regarding "missing" classes: is there a reason why Joe and Vivian only can advance once? Also, is there a corrupted class like the Erotic Dancer/Whore planned for Vivian?

Lastly regarding balancing: I don't know if it's intended but it is quite easy to grind levels by tanking enemies without being able to hit back as long as you either are able to ignore the damage or heal it. I managed to advance Owain to Marauder 10 and Emrys to General 10 in the level with the goblin archers on the plateau, playing on hard. I'm not complaining, I just wanted to mention it, since you wrote somewhere that grinding levels isn't possible.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Maybe I'm having an error, but there are times when we're back at camp and Owain and Gwen are away, and while talking to another party member, I get bits and pieces of a screen when Owain and Gwen are talking, etc. Is that meant to look like that, or am I supposed to see all the dialog? I'didn't opt out of Gwen's pov at the beginning of the game...

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Yes
Maybe I'm having an error, but there are times when we're back at camp and Owain and Gwen are away, and while talking to another party member, I get bits and pieces of a screen when Owain and Gwen are talking, etc. Is that meant to look like that, or am I supposed to see all the dialog? I'didn't opt out of Gwen's pov at the beginning of the game...
Yes, it is supposed to be like that.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Yes

Yes, it is supposed to be like that.
respectfully, if we choose to see Gwen's pov at the beginning, we shoudl see all of it. I get the relatively small dramatic effect of the mc 'hearing' her get it on, but in the game, its kinda...annoying, and looks like a glitch.

Reactions: tshakudo

tshakudo

Apr 23, 2017
respectfully, if we choose to see Gwen's pov at the beginning, we shoudl see all of it. I get the relatively small dramatic effect of the mc 'hearing' her get it on, but in the game, its kinda...annoying, and looks like a glitch.
I do agree. So far I love this game as it's developing with few issues.
I'd love to see the full convo since we are already breaking the fourth wall by seeing the other scenes, but it's lower on my priority list.

Other than that, if the dev can separate the voice volume from the sound volume and possibly have the voice audio repeat until we forward through lines, that'd be amazing and make this game much better than it already is.

And lastly, don't nerf grinding strategies for the sake of "a challenge" or "balance." Allow the difficulty setting alone to determine how challenging the game is and if someone finds a way to cheese something, leave it in for the rest of us that don't want difficulty in our hentai games.

Other than that, keep up the amazing work.

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Those conversations really aren't meant to be read without the blacked out text. I'd have to really rewrite them without it.

Other than that, if the dev can separate the voice volume from the sound volume and possibly have the voice audio repeat until we forward through lines, that'd be amazing and make this game much better than it already is.
There's not really a voice channel in the engine. Maybe I could mod something in, same with looping sounds. Although that could be easier to het around by replaying them mid event.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Those conversations really aren't meant to be read without the blacked out text. I'd have to really rewrite them without it.
I am not sure that I understand the reasoning for blacking out the text, if you've specifically asked the player to choose whether to allow Gwen's POV not. If you've chosen to see her POV, it should be seen, perhaps with render content.

I am not suggesting removal of the text; I am urging the dev to allow the text to be seen in full, maybe allowing for Car to go and investigate the voices and - perhaps - come across Gwen and whoever in flagranti delicto. Get more ntr bang for your buck.

Do or do not, but those are my suggestions.

Reactions: potspipe

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I am not sure that I understand the reasoning for blacking out the text, if you've specifically asked the player to choose whether to allow Gwen's POV not. If you've chosen to see her POV, it should be seen, perhaps with render content.

I am not suggesting removal of the text; I am urging the dev to allow the text to be seen in full, maybe allowing for Car to go and investigate the voices and - perhaps - come across Gwen and whoever in flagranti delicto. Get more ntr bang for your buck.

Do or do not, but those are my suggestions.
Those scenes are only there for the voyeur aspect. I could make other scenes that also happen in camp, but that's making a new feature, not adjusting this one.
Ir you really want to see what the text is, the effect is only on the dialogue box. The text log, which you can access by pressing the up arrow key, has all the text in it.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
Those scenes are only there for the voyeur aspect. I could make other scenes that also happen in camp, but that's making a new feature, not adjusting this one.
Ir you really want to see what the text is, the effect is only on the dialogue box. The text log, which you can access by pressing the up arrow key, has all the text in it.
Thanks for the tip. please consider expanding to show us the actual scene; I think you'd find that most players would deeply enjpy that aspect - much more than broken text boxes.

Random Bob

Sep 12, 2018
Those scenes are only there for the voyeur aspect.
And they're awesome. Even though I had Gwen's POV turned on, it never even occurred to me that something was "wrong" here, I actually didn't even actively think about it until I've read these last few posts here. The way they unfold just felt very natural to me, like it just made sense, so there was no reason for me to even question it.
I can now see why some people think they could/should be adjusted, but I just wanted to compliment how good the style is.

Now, my only real concern at the current moment is with maintaining the corruption path that doesn't feel artificial/fake/weird/whatever you wanna call it, because it starts out REALLY well and imo gets all messed up at relationship stage 5 right now, but I did already PM you about it in the past, so no need to repeat walls of text here.

Still, you have my trust and support. In the meantime, I know it's not much, but I did spread the word to everyone I know that'd be even remotely interested in a game like this; hopefully some new pledges will come your way.

Last edited:

Apollo Seven

Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
And they're awesome. Even though I had Gwen's POV turned on, it never even occurred to me that something was "wrong" here, I actually didn't even actively think about it until I've read these last few posts here. The way they unfold just felt very natural to me, like it just made sense, so there was no reason for me to even question it.
I can now see why some people think they could/should be adjusted, but I just wanted to compliment how good the style is.

Now, my only real concern at the current moment is with maintaining the corruption path that doesn't feel artificial/fake/weird/whatever you wanna call it, because it starts out REALLY well and imo gets all messed up at relationship stage 5 right now, but I did already PM you about it in the past, so no need to repeat walls of text here.

Still, you have my trust and support. In the meantime, I know it's not much, but I did spread the word to everyone I know that'd be even remotely interested in a game like this; hopefully some new pledges will come your way.
Thanks. The game has been doing pretty well, I upped the illustrations per month to 9 and added an additional route to the base content. So Gwen as the group slut is going to be in the game starting with chapter 4.

To say one more thing about the camp voyeur scenes. When people ask for those scenes to be "uncensored" what they're asking for isn't to have all the text visible, it's disabling those for the non-hidden NTR route and adding new scenes for that one. Because those scenes aren't Gwen POV, they're Carwyn POV.
The stop gap measure would be just disabling them for that non-hidden.

Jack0h

Sep 7, 2018
...To say one more thing about the camp voyeur scenes. When people ask for those scenes to be "uncensored" what they're asking for isn't to have all the text visible, it's disabling those for the non-hidden NTR route and adding new scenes for that one. Because those scenes aren't Gwen POV, they're Carwyn POV.
The stop gap measure would be just disabling them for that non-hidden.
I understand what you are aiming for, but I for one don't really give a rat's ass about Carwyn's POV. I'm playing to watch Gwen's plunge into corruption sluttiness. Also, I am cool with Vivien doing all sorts of naughty things with Carwyn, both when he's a dude and a gal.

Hiding the text as well as the visuals of that corruption would seem - to me, at least - a short cut in the process. I get that rendering is a pain in the ass, and coding ever more so, and I applaud your efforts thus far. I just think you are missing out on a LOT of potential by not learning into and showing this descent.

Stupidkiller

Jan 12, 2018
I understand what you are aiming for, but I for one don't really give a rat's ass about Carwyn's POV. I'm playing to watch Gwen's plunge into corruption sluttiness. Also, I am cool with Vivien doing all sorts of naughty things with Carwyn, both when he's a dude and a gal.

Hiding the text as well as the visuals of that corruption would seem - to me, at least - a short cut in the process. I get that rendering is a pain in the ass, and coding ever more so, and I applaud your efforts thus far. I just think you are missing out on a LOT of potential by not learning into and showing this descent.
You could also just opt to ignore the scene if you don't give a rat's ass about it and stop trying to make the dev remove it for those that enjoy a bit of both? Like I genuinely don't get your point, you ARE getting scenes with Gwen already, so it's not like you AREN'T seeing her descent.

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
The only thing I'd like is an option to at least see the complete text instead of having it be mostly censored. I don't need to actually see the scene but being able to read the text would be nice.

bitdemon

Sep 28, 2017
Great game so far, not focussing on ntr but on the corruption of the woman.

Can the guys grope enemy female 'humanoids' (to avoid spoilers)? is that planned? maybe as a finisher move from the guys if they are next to the enemy?

4.10 star(s) 56 Votes