Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Considering this post of the dev, v1.5 will take longer than one month or more to be released. If this happens, more than 4 months between v1.4 and v1.5.
That's waiting time like with SUMMERTIME SAGA. :ROFLMAO: Joking aside ... of course, we mustn't forget that the developer also has a private reallife.

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
pity about the updates
he is a kind of a combination of overachiever with lazy ass and busy body
maybe once he is happy with redoing all the pics he wants we will be happy with the result
sadly it also means he will never be able to gather enough patreons to live of it at this pace - gain five loose six
wish he kept a tighter schedule or at least got some help

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
pity about the updates
he is a kind of a combination of overachiever with lazy ass and busy body
maybe once he is happy with redoing all the pics he wants we will be happy with the result
sadly it also means he will never be able to gather enough patreons to live of it at this pace - gain five loose six
wish he kept a tighter schedule or at least got some help
Well, the gain 5 loose 6 statement is just false, HGs patreons has steadily increased over the last yeat albeit slowly.. I see your point and I thought he would be losing alot more support over the last 12 months but that has not been the case :)

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

kaziro

Oct 16, 2017
i like this game but overhyped and miscomunation upset me.like last month he said he waiting new pc.after arrive he said done 1-2 time people even expected posbility around xmas or new year can be busy some problem happen but past over monh and now saying he on %50.im dispointed.yes we moslty play free yes he is kind and attentive here but if i new update gone took like 3 month i didnt hype this much.i think this gonbe backfire on ncc and maybe on patreons too.
if gone took 2-3 mnth say 2-3 month not said waitng pc im delaying becouse of that will ready few week then 6-7 weeks past and say like im at %50.

sorry i know lot of people cant understant my engrish.im just upset.im more upset how this progess .
if honey or someone else offended im sorry but im not backed up.i most hated dishonesty.bilion dollar company or singe devoloper i excepting only honesty.not fool the people.i fell like mocked.

RipperJack344

Aug 12, 2019
The problem as I see it is the developer has run into a mini George R R Martin problem. He kept expanding the game and storylines even when he knew the end was coming up. Now he is near the end and has so many story lines going on he does not know how to tie them all up, or it just takes a really long time to do each plot line. So the pace of releases has slowed to a crawl. In the beginning of this game the developer was pushing out an update every two or three weeks. Even before the revamp it had slowed down to one every two months. The farther it goes the slower it will be.

I appreciate that the dev wanted a game with so many choices, but he just kept adding more and more girls with most girls having multiple plot lines. Like Tatianna storylines where the MC is not interested in her, trying to sleep with her, swapping her with Michelle, and swapping her with Yanmei. Then everytime you talk to Tatianna you also have to add in different dialogues for the MCs different relationship levels with Ashley, plus the Connor-Kirsten plot and whether the MC participated, watched the video, or not, and then whether the MC used the information to blackmail him or not. It makes what should be a simple conversation into five or six different conversations that all have to have tons of checks and options based on all of the variables. Then think about how many characters have been introduced into NCC and the developer is still adding characters with almost every update. It makes an immersive world, but it slows production down to a crawl.

My suggestion for the next game would be to limit the number of characters to a manageable level like 20, and try to limit their plot lines for most of them to maybe two or three. You can have a few characters with lots of options, but not a majority of them. Then the developer could produce content much more quickly, get a strong patreon base of support, and then maybe hire a coder or a writer to help create a more in-depth game like this.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
The problem as I see it is the developer has run into a mini George R R Martin problem. He kept expanding the game and storylines even when he knew the end was coming up. Now he is near the end and has so many story lines going on he does not know how to tie them all up, or it just takes a really long time to do each plot line. So the pace of releases has slowed to a crawl. In the beginning of this game the developer was pushing out an update every two or three weeks. Even before the revamp it had slowed down to one every two months. The farther it goes the slower it will be.

I appreciate that the dev wanted a game with so many choices, but he just kept adding more and more girls with most girls having multiple plot lines. Like Tatianna storylines where the MC is not interested in her, trying to sleep with her, swapping her with Michelle, and swapping her with Yanmei. Then everytime you talk to Tatianna you also have to add in different dialogues for the MCs different relationship levels with Ashley, plus the Connor-Kirsten plot and whether the MC participated, watched the video, or not, and then whether the MC used the information to blackmail him or not. It makes what should be a simple conversation into five or six different conversations that all have to have tons of checks and options based on all of the variables. Then think about how many characters have been introduced into NCC and the developer is still adding characters with almost every update. It makes an immersive world, but it slows production down to a crawl.

My suggestion for the next game would be to limit the number of characters to a manageable level like 20, and try to limit their plot lines for most of them to maybe two or three. You can have a few characters with lots of options, but not a majority of them. Then the developer could produce content much more quickly, get a strong patreon base of support, and then maybe hire a coder or a writer to help create a more in-depth game like this.
The points you touch on is exactly what makes this game so amazing, why it stands out in the vast amouts of mediocre shitshows that gets uploaded here on a daily basis.

Personally I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd much rather wait 6 months per update for a well writen story where choice acctually matters then see this reduced to the subpar quality of the mayority of titles on here.

Don't get me wrong, I'd would love monthly updates or even bimonthly as much as the next person. But let's be real, there's no chance of thst happening.
In ths case I'd go for quality over quantity any day.

HoneyGames

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2018

you hit the nail on the head.
The problem with this game, as I've said other times, it's that it was meant to be a "free Roam" so the whole basis of the game and some of the storlines started out that way. So a storyline like Tatianna's (which is the most complex of all and was already the most complex in the "free roam"version) has now become complex to handle. In the case of free roam I would have made 2 or 3 paths and made it impossible to reach certain events. Doing the visual novel, so seeing the characters every week, I had to find a line that joined all the paths and consider all the variable.
Surely, in the future, for the next games, I will write the story in a different way and the paths will be designed from the beginning in a way that makes the plot easier. The problem is not the large amount of characters and variables as these characters and these variables interact with each other. When I did the reboot I fixed a lot of these things and changed some plots but I was still limited because some stories and plots were already decided. For the future the plots will be thought in a different way and the choices that will be made for "a character" will be automatically reflected on the choices that can be made for another character, in this way there will be a great freedom of choice, but I will have an easier control of the global game.
I understand that it is not easy to understand, from my words, what I have in mind for the future but I assure you that I have a very clear picture of how to do things.

ben_kenobi

Aug 1, 2019
Dev update
I know that this release is taking a long time, when you play it will be more clear, the total release (with the final event on Sunday evening that will be released some days later) corresponds to the amount of dialogues and events to almost 2 normal releases
I can never get enough of playing NCC tbh but HG mentioning that the upcoming update will have, more or less, double the amount of content than it usually has.. just music to my ears!!

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I just hope the long wait for the update doesn't end in a disaster like the wait for Cyberpunk 2077.
We have to be patient now. People who want to draw conclusions from this have to cancel their PATREON membership, but we must not forget that HoneyGames also has a real life.

EKOMEKO

Feb 22, 2018
i like this game but overhyped and miscomunation upset me.like last month he said he waiting new pc.after arrive he said done 1-2 time people even expected posbility around xmas or new year can be busy some problem happen but past over monh and now saying he on %50.im dispointed.yes we moslty play free yes he is kind and attentive here but if i new update gone took like 3 month i didnt hype this much.i think this gonbe backfire on ncc and maybe on patreons too.
if gone took 2-3 mnth say 2-3 month not said waitng pc im delaying becouse of that will ready few week then 6-7 weeks past and say like im at %50.

sorry i know lot of people cant understant my engrish.im just upset.im more upset how this progess .
if honey or someone else offended im sorry but im not backed up.i most hated dishonesty.bilion dollar company or singe devoloper i excepting only honesty.not fool the people.i fell like mocked.
I agree with your opinion. Something caught my attention. Long after the update, when the number of donors (supporters) on the Patreon page was running low, the producer was taking the update to a few days. I've seen this 2 times. If the number of supporters decreases, the producer is worried and is preparing the update in a few days. Too interesting ..

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I agree with your opinion. Something caught my attention. Long after the update, when the number of donors (supporters) on the Patreon page was running low, the producer was taking the update to a few days. I've seen this 2 times. If the number of supporters decreases, the producer is worried and is preparing the update in a few days. Too interesting ..
just wait till the raping starts:oops:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EKOMEKO

Feb 22, 2018
you hit the nail on the head.
The problem with this game, as I've said other times, it's that it was meant to be a "free Roam" so the whole basis of the game and some of the storlines started out that way. So a storyline like Tatianna's (which is the most complex of all and was already the most complex in the "free roam"version) has now become complex to handle. In the case of free roam I would have made 2 or 3 paths and made it impossible to reach certain events. Doing the visual novel, so seeing the characters every week, I had to find a line that joined all the paths and consider all the variable.
Surely, in the future, for the next games, I will write the story in a different way and the paths will be designed from the beginning in a way that makes the plot easier. The problem is not the large amount of characters and variables as these characters and these variables interact with each other. When I did the reboot I fixed a lot of these things and changed some plots but I was still limited because some stories and plots were already decided. For the future the plots will be thought in a different way and the choices that will be made for "a character" will be automatically reflected on the choices that can be made for another character, in this way there will be a great freedom of choice, but I will have an easier control of the global game.
I understand that it is not easy to understand, from my words, what I have in mind for the future but I assure you that I have a very clear picture of how to do things.
As I said before, I respect your work. But there are some problems. Sometimes we cannot hear from you for 2-3 weeks. I know you have a life too. But if you noticed, thousands of people are waiting for the update. This is actually a good thing. The more people know the game, the more famous it will make you and the more money you will earn on patreon. 3-4 months is not a time to update?

Reactions: PeraDrnda

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, he has only 158 patrons and several completed games under his belt. Somehow he's now milking it dry like the big shots with thousands of patrons who release an update every 6 months if any.
Sometimes this forum is just too much :KEK:

Reactions: Lexkar83 and Gunizz

RipperJack344

Aug 12, 2019
Was wondering how much content is their now with Kirsten. and can we finally get rid of yosshi ?
You can sleep with Kirsten twice. Once by swapping Luana with Maud, but it wrecks your relationship with Luana. A second time you can swap Martina, which she enjoys. You still cannot break Kirsten free of Maud for a relationship or give Maud what she really deserves. Yoshi is taken care of for the moment, but you still cannot get Andrea yet.

Dec 1, 2017
You can sleep with Kirsten twice. Once by swapping Luana with Maud, but it wrecks your relationship with Luana. A second time you can swap Martina, which she enjoys. You still cannot break Kirsten free of Maud for a relationship or give Maud what she really deserves. Yoshi is taken care of for the moment, but you still cannot get Andrea yet.
I didn't play any of the Kirsten routes so I didn't know about this but, man, Luana and Martina for Kirsten sounds so lopsided.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 71 Votes