Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Those guys dont look at the money they make on patreon as a side job even, is just "those suckers will keep the cash flowing as i go on vacation or work on my real work" and even the guys who has this on the main cash income is just the "pay me suckers sorry my cat is dead keep paying more 6 months until my aunty die"

Only a few guys like the Rebirth dev has a consistent update routine
Some people like me don't often look at the Patreon's they support, so It's easy to have Patreon who forget who they support many are not suckers they genuinely forget how many they support.
For example, I stopped nine supports when I recently purged the worst of them.
Incomes are different for everyone I wish this was less of the case, but I have lived long enough to realize it's not.
On the game I personally like most in the thread, loved it and thought it was one of the best games on here. The game outgrew the devs ability to improve it and his time allocation. He did not make enough money to justify quitting his RL work. A lot of this was due to his lack of consideration to his supporters, mainly through appalling communication.
I know I was one of his supporters from an early stage, well documented on this thread with exchanges between the dev and me.
Most of the animosity (though it's mild,) is due to people missing the game as it was quality.
Supporting him now would be pointless agreed, but some people might not care for their own reasons hardly an excuse to claim they are suckers....it's choice. Sorry for the long post and taking people's lifetime reading it (but I am a life vampire :)

Ren

Aug 21, 2016
Those guys dont look at the money they make on patreon as a side job even, is just "those suckers will keep the cash flowing as i go on vacation or work on my real work" and even the guys who has this on the main cash income is just the "pay me suckers sorry my cat is dead keep paying more 6 months until my aunty die"

Only a few guys like the Rebirth dev has a consistent update routine
I have to agree mate. I've noticed Patreon is a good place for thieves to ply their trade and that for some reason Patreon never hold those that don't abide by the "contractual" understanding between creator and subscriber accountable. If someone asks for $10 per month for a certain service and that service isn't provided then Patreon are accountable too if they take their cut and don't enforce the contractual obligations between creator and subscriber.

Even if those subscribers are unwitting or even willing participants they have a right to recompense for obligations not being met on a monthly basis.

Patreon needs to start doing something to stop the BS creators milking people and start helping the bonafide creators who give their subscribers their all every month.

Stop the leeches and help the providers.

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
I have to agree mate. I've noticed Patreon is a good place for thieves to ply their trade and that for some reason Patreon never hold those that don't abide by the "contractual" understanding between creator and subscriber accountable. If someone asks for $10 per month for a certain service and that service isn't provided then Patreon are accountable too if they take their cut and don't enforce the contractual obligations between creator and subscriber.

Even if those subscribers are unwitting or even willing participants they have a right to recompense for obligations not being met on a monthly basis.

Patreon needs to start doing something to stop the BS creators milking people and start helping the bonafide creators who give their subscribers their all every month.

Brave at last
I fully support
your thoughts

• Angry
Reactions: balvenie1401

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

i do not believe you understand how it works!
patreon provides a service for suporters so they may suport the art music content or whatever they want to see more of!
your argument makes sense down the line on the distribution of resources,
but your approach would 9 out 10 times only result on the destruction of creation instead of suporting it
its like all the ngo´s and unhumanitarian aid provided to helpless people...
90% ends in the hands of burocrats warlords thieves politicians and swindlers ...
but at least 10% reaches those in need, without it those people would be without anything!
at the same time without those resources those who keep them oppresed would have less resources to work with
thus your instinct to provide a helping hand extends the oppression and suffering of those you want to help in the long run
so teach a man to fish that costs 10 times more resources and times and he will eat for a lifetime
but to learn when you are hungry its kind of hart and they need fish today and tomorrow perhaps if they are still alive...

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
patreon provides a service for suporters so they may suport the art music content or whatever they want to see more of!
but your approach would 9 out 10 times only result on the destruction of creation instead of suporting it
90% ends in the hands of burocrats warlords thieves politicians and swindlers ...
but at least 10% reaches those in need, without it those people would be without anything!
at the same time without those resources those who keep them oppresed would have less resources to work with
thus your instinct to provide a helping hand extends the oppression and suffering of those you want to help in the long run
so teach a man to fish that costs 10 times more resources and times and he will eat for a lifetime
but to learn when you are hungry its kind of hart and they need fish today and tomorrow perhaps if they are still alive...
I'll get back to you but do your homework first and it's Christmas

cccxxx

Aug 8, 2018
i think you debate on common sense and legal liability
and it applies to kickstarter too , best example torment numenera , the mandate close second.
however for numenera fargo is still around, while the mandate is bankrupt : catch the thief and skin him
the very word indie ,means hard to track beyond us llc company
and we are back to common sense : pay those that deliver, no other way

Diekh

Mar 22, 2022

I am just writing a small post to reassure you.
I have not stopped working on the game.
I hope to give you new news about the release soon.
Next Days I'll upload some picture for the patreon.
"Next Days I'll upload some picture for the patreon."...
Apparently, the word 'days' is, in reality, 'months'. Almost a new year and no new picture.
Someone that are in his discord, any news there?

SolarEclipsed

I may be wrong it happened once.
Donor
Nov 6, 2017
"Next Days I'll upload some picture for the patreon."...
Apparently, the word 'days' is, in reality, 'months'. Almost a new year and no new picture.
Someone that are in his discord, any news there?
He has a couple of times done this he has rebooted NCC about 75 times now

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Really sad to see this game is abandoned I had subbed to it on patreon for a long time. It was one of the rare games where it felt like MC was just a small part of large and vibrant world. He was neither a cuck nor the sole object of girls affections which was unique in its own way.

Ren

Aug 21, 2016

I understand with complete and utter clarity how it works. What I am pointing out is that when you enter a contractual agreement there has to be reward for recompense, it absolutely has to be fair to both parties. So if for a dollar a month you can access patreon posts most people have no fall back, only if after say six months there are no new posts then they could likely tag a class action suit. However if you are paying for something for each month and don't receive it then there is a clear breach of contract, you paid for something and the other party never met their obligation, it is far from rocket science.

To follow your mantra, if you kill every homeless person it will solve the homeless problem, however you are left with a whole bunch of murderer's. Having homeless people is uncomfortable, having loads of murderers is also not high on my list of good neighbours. Therefore I don't use those extremes but point out the contractual obligations of parties.

Patreon taking money means they have an obligation to protect all parties they are profiting from, no matter how big or small, they have terms and conditions that everyone they make money from have to agree too, it is really simple, and again, not rocket science. Patreon are actually the party with the most to lose, they should be enforcing their terms and conditions (they are not) and if they continue on the way they are then how many creators are going to be lost when Patreon doesn't exist anymore?

You can teach a person to steal, he may feed himself for a short time, however when he gets caught you can't teach them how to avoid jail. He may eat well but he will have no personal freedoms.

I care about the great many honest creators out there, they should not be tarnished by using a companies services who do not look after their interests and only look to make money, this is unacceptable. As far as creators go, HoneyGames has molded my view of how I would pay a creator, I will only do it now at the end of a game for a set amount of money - I think my attitude probably sucks in the eyes of creators, however, I hold the right to how much that final payment is and I will always give what I perceive as a fair amount (not $5 for a full game ffs before anyone cries. Please read above about contracts and fairness).

Joop501 thank you for the kind words, I honestly just want everyone to understand that it isn't just ok to pay a creator and get nothing in return. Our community has to do something about this. I'll finish by saying that I'm not a lawyer but I do have a lot of experience with certain contract law (construction jct80 etc etc) and arbitration.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year, obviously HoneyGames is still recovering and we'll see him in August :)

pridachacr

Oct 15, 2016
I understand with complete and utter clarity how it works. What I am pointing out is that when you enter a contractual agreement there has to be reward for recompense, it absolutely has to be fair to both parties. So if for a dollar a month you can access patreon posts most people have no fall back, only if after say six months there are no new posts then they could likely tag a class action suit. However if you are paying for something for each month and don't receive it then there is a clear breach of contract, you paid for something and the other party never met their obligation, it is far from rocket science.
uh no? you are paying for access to creator posts of a certain tier, just because no new posts of that tier are created doesn't mean there is a breach of contract unless it is explicitly stated that there will be new content. caveat emptor, patreon even shows you what posts exist and allow you to get out of being a patreon at any time very easily so basically its your fault you didn't bother to do basic due diligence

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
it's in original post, season 1, under spoiler. hope the links are still good.

Im confused, I'm new here, but how do I get the original season 1 if I want to play from very start? I downloaded from the season 1 links which only gave "NewCoralCity Season 2" 1.55....... Surely there is a season 1 somewhere? So right now I have the clients for Season 2 1.55 and Season 2 02 ....weird.

uh no? you are paying for access to creator posts of a certain tier, just because no new posts of that tier are created doesn't mean there is a breach of contract unless it is explicitly stated that there will be new content. caveat emptor, patreon even shows you what posts exist and allow you to get out of being a patreon at any time very easily so basically its your fault you didn't bother to do basic due diligence

Respectfully, that's a load of bull. Absolutely nothing shows breach of contract in those cases, for sure you're correct, that doesn't mean that a system like patreon isn't chock full of and vigorously encourages economic bad actors. Just because kids are stupid for getting candy from strangers in vans doesnt mean those strangers aren't also bad people with bad intentions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Im confused, I'm new here, but how do I get the original season 1 if I want to play from very start? I downloaded from the season 1 links which only gave "NewCoralCity Season 2" 1.55....... Surely there is a season 1 somewhere? So right now I have the clients for Season 2 1.55 and Season 2 02 ....weird.
Season one is game named Follower.

4.10 star(s) 71 Votes