3.80 star(s) 29 Votes

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
Are there still devs that dont give mc rename option? uh, even more stupid with those crap names

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
MC rename comes next version. And yes, there are still games out there that don't allow rename. You can get around some aspects of it with URM, since that'll let you rename anyone.

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021

This is bound to be subjective, so I can understand your point of view, people will have different takes on how it plays out and that's perfectly fine.

I guess I'll try to elaborate my perspective and why the current turn of events is problematic, I apologize in advance if it becomes too long. (It became long :whistle:)

I also want to preface this with that the dev is OBVIOUSLY and absolutely free to make and create their story however they want to in whichever way they want to. This is simply my subjective opinion, which anyone is welcome to agree or disagree with.

That said:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

------ The reason that I find the current turn of events problematic ------ (Essentially the blackmail ruins it)

This entire sequence of events was directly Ayases (and her teams) doing/fault.
Their carelessness throughout all of it, with using her best friend as bait to catch rapists, and then with her and her team not even being there when their friend/bait got taken, and three of them because they helped some old lady cross a road who gave them cookies that they just had to eat. (I get that this was intended to be funny, but really? They didn't have something more important to focus on...?)

Ayase admits later on that without the MC her best friend would've definitely been raped, and if he hadn't come back the second time she would've likely been raped aswell, atleast until her team arrived.
Despite being perfectly aware of that, Ayase still choses to immediately blackmail and threaten the MC with a false rape accusation.
And not just to keep her identity secret, but to force him to cooperate with whatever she tells him to do, and was being highly condesending while doing so, smirking and belitteling the situation while apparently enjoying demasculating the MC "You have no power here, so shut the fuck up and sit down or this will get ugly" with the goons threatening to "break his bones". (His reward for risking his life for them)

Emphasizing that the MC is now, essentially her bitch and will do as he's told or else..
This alone is uncomfortable to accept for a good portion of players, because it's seriously unfair considering the circumstances and makes Ayase look like an absolute massive and unreasonable asshole.
- She's essentially blackmailing the MC to cover up for her own fuck-up, which led to her being unmasked.

After that we get some happy music and they just go into "You have no choice, but you're one of us now so let's all be friends", with everyone revealing their identities and just casually introducing themselves like the MC just joined their book-club, followed by a casual and friendly conversation in the car with Ayase and ends with her showering and sleeping at his apartment..

Because all of that are perfectly normal things to do for/with someone who in return for saving them from being raped, is threatening to destroy your life unless you obey, with a false rape-allegation which they can only do because you jumped in to save the friend they used as bait from being raped in the first place.... :WaitWhat:

The absurd turnaround is inevitably going to be off-putting to a lot of players because the dissonance is just too strong and happens way too quickly, the way the MC and Ayase just seemingly completely forget and move on from what literally just happened.

It's a bitter pill the dev is asking players to swallow and immediately forget about, and one that I think unecessarily poisons an otherwise very promising game, and certainly turns Ayase into an highly dislikable character, which is problematic due to the obvious "main-girl-vibe" she has.

In that scenario, everything that follows would be perfectly fine, because Ayase and her team are not the antagonists like they currently are (or atleast should be) the eyes of the MC/player, and any following cooperation/friendship/romance would easily make sense.

In that scenario you reduce/remove Ayases unnecessarily smirky and arrogant power-trip, and you have an opening for the possibility of an believable reconciliation between MC and Ayasae where she APOLOGIZES and admits that she fucked up, which again makes the future friendship/romance believable and redeems Ayase as a character.

------
As it currently stands with the blackmail and how it played out, any positive and friendly relationship between MC and Ayase makes absolutely no sense, to the point that it just completely pulls me out of the story, and the entire interaction from getting into the car to falling asleep at the apartment becomes so disconnected that it just made me sigh.

I'll keep an eye out for the rewrite mentioned, and I'll reserve any further judgement until then as the game absolutely has potential.
I think you are right on about this. I was ready to try this out until I saw the Kinetic Novel tag and decided to read the forums first to determine if it was worth my time. As it is now I would move it to my untouchable list but as the creator is making an effort to make it more palatable I will wait for the update and try it. I am still concerned about the Kinetic Novel tag as that means no choices over Li's or what content I experience. Does anyone know what the developers intentions are?

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.2.1 + Multimod by Zemax

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 443 MB

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Updates are faster on .

Game Developers: Want to talk about an official Android version for your game? Come join my Discord.

Last edited:

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Next Version?
From dev's Patreon:

Hello world! It's me, KS.
I have brought some good news to all of you today. The next major update for New Horizon is done and will be released tier by tier over the next few days.
Tsuki - April 28th 8PM (GMT+8)
Gang Boss - May 2nd 8PM (GMT+8)
Thugs - May 5th 8PM (GMT+8)
Public - May 10th 8PM (GMT+8)

Reactions: Kingkyrule

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
1683729822881.png

New Horizon 0.1.5 Public Release
Hello world! It's KS here bringing you some good news!
New Horizon 0.1.5 is available for everyone now~
Thank you for your patience and please enjoy the game~
Links
Mega: #nDwGYcwQ5ihwudlKdkS-HQ
Password: nDwGYcwQ5ihwudlKdkS-HQ
Itch:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change log (roughly, together with the demo):
3200 Lines of dialogue
40000 words
7 carefully crafted animations
3 official language support (English, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified)
2382 game renders
46 background music tracks
74 sfx
2 sex scenes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The gallery will be reworked in the next update, that's why I removed it for now as I'm not satisfied with it.
I'm also still learning how to implement variables in the game, so for now, the choices in the game will not affect the plot, yet. In next version I will put in the real choice systems, and there will be scenes that will activate depending upon the choices you made.
The visuals and some other little things will also be remade in the future as I have gotten better at making scenes and renders. The images in the current game looks so bad(I know), but I will remake them~
That's more or less everything about this update for now. Like I said, I'm getting better and better at it, so things will be improved as time goes on.
Sincerely, KawaiiSukebe

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
NewHorizon-0.1.5
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
I hate HS, but some of the best games are with HS. Wouldn't it be better if those devs would use DAZ and friends? Or is HS easier? I have no experience. This AVN is quality HS yet again.

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
I hate HS, but some of the best games are with HS. Wouldn't it be better if those devs would use DAZ and friends? Or is HS easier? I have no experience. This AVN is quality HS yet again.
There are many reasons for this.
But obviously, the main reason is that HS is rendered in real time and it allows to change the rendering more intuitively.

Reactions: Andarilho

Jas0nTon

Creators of "Mayfly"
Game Developer
Jul 2, 2022
Thank you, yes, that might be a huge plus.
Secondly, HS as a game, it is not so strict on hardware configuration requirements.

You can even achieve a compare good results on some GTX10 series GPUs. But if you want to achieve a compare good effect in blender or Daz Studio, it is obviously not enough.

And Daz these model software does not support AMD's GPU.:Kappa:

3.80 star(s) 29 Votes