VN Ren'Py New Year's Day(e) [Ch. 4 v0.4.1] [Jonesy]

3.10 star(s) 15 Votes

Zekewolf

Dec 18, 2018
I wrote the and have continued with New Years Daye. I've removed any step references and added or changed dialogue to make a blood relation between the MC, Eve and Daye explicit.

I've also Incorporated m0us3r's age change function.

Edit: Updated for 0.4.1

People like you are the unsung heroes of these type of games! Thank you!

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Ch5 Breakfast 27.png

Hey All!

Just popping in to give you some news.

It's been a little turbulent lately balancing my new job and this project, but things are smoothing out now and so is the progress on this story.

I've been battling how to fill up this day to make chapter 5 as eventful as the other chapters/days without adding a bunch of fluff and filler. To me, that is a cardinal sin in making these types of games, and I don't want to commit it. So, instead of filling up day 5 with a bunch of boring, unneeded scenes, I'm planning on combining days 5 and 6 into chapter 5. This means you guys are in for a BUNCH of...everything. Revelations, spicy stuff, funny stuff, it's gonna be a wild ride from here on out!

Things are going to start happening fast and I am so excited to get it all done and into your warm little hands!

This also means that the next chapter will be...New Year's Day, which is also going to be fun.

Alright. Enough babbling. Back to work! This thing isn't gonna finish itself!

Love y'all,

~ Jonesy

JoKa_Kinetic

Jan 27, 2023
View attachment 4016876

Hey All!

It's been a little turbulent lately balancing my new job and this project, but things are smoothing out now and so is the progress on this story.

I've been battling how to fill up this day to make chapter 5 as eventful as the other chapters/days without adding a bunch of fluff and filler. To me, that is a cardinal sin in making these types of games, and I don't want to commit it. So, instead of filling up day 5 with a bunch of boring, unneeded scenes, I'm planning on combining days 5 and 6 into chapter 5. This means you guys are in for a BUNCH of...everything. Revelations, spicy stuff, funny stuff, it's gonna be a wild ride from here on out!

Things are going to start happening fast and I am so excited to get it all done and into your warm little hands!

This also means that the next chapter will be...New Year's Day, which is also going to be fun.

Love y'all,

~ Jonesy
Can't wait, go do your thing and we will continue to love it

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
View attachment 4016876

Hey All!

Love y'all,

~ Jonesy
Now do you mean NYD is the next release date or when the next update is set?

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
New Year's Day(e) - Progress Report 9/24/24

Hey Everyone!

It's been a couple of weeks, so here's the scoop:

Chapter 5 is coming along nicely. While the progress is a little slower than I'd like, what is getting done is better than I thought it would be, so that's a reasonable tradeoff in my book.

I'm not gonna lie, I set the story up for some pretty serious resolutions and this is where those resolutions take place. The first part of this chapter is gonna be a little heavy. Just be prepared. Don't worry, I'll inject some levity where I can so that it's not a complete bummer, but I just wanted to give you fair warning. The second half on the other hand...

PAAAAAAARTY TIIIIIIME!!!!

After all the drama, these characters are gonna need to blow off some steam, and what better way to do it is with a New Year's Eve party?

So, there will be some serious scenes and some fun scenes, but at this point, isn't that what you've come to expect from me? I know, I know, "Jonesy, if I wanted that kinda crap, I'd watch the news!" Well, all I'm trying to do is temper the fantasy in a bit of realism in order to bring the fantasy to life. If I missed the mark, so be it. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, right?

Anyway, I wanted to add that as a whole, I have received a lot of positive feedback lately about this project and Siren Song. I truly appreciate all of it. I'm coming from a place of pretty low confidence right now, and every bit of that positive energy inspires me that much more to find the next scene, the next render, or even the next line of code. I really do love you all for all your support. So, thank you.

Sorry. As Daye might say, "Don't get all gooshy on me!" But I can't help it sometimes.

Love Y'all!

~ Jonesy

3.10 star(s) 15 Votes