Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
much less than sales for now as the sales scenes have been built up over years.
It hurts.

Added a new random event for baby-crazy characters. This is designed to make getting baby-crazy as a temporary trait more impactful.
Sounds fun, at least. Maybe if they'd commit themselves to dedicating the handful of hours it takes to make a scene each week and we had four of these a month, it'd be worth checking in on this game semi-frequently.

Edit: Ha. Went to their wiki to see if it had any info on the new stuff. The wiki is down. I'm going to assume because of inactivity.

Last edited:

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Major changes & additions always belongs under Minor changes with this game. I'm still lost over there being a development farm of supporters creating content for free, but new additions still are always so few and far between.
Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Every time I read the "major additions", it always confirms my suspicions that it isn't anything major. Gotta say its a major change though or people will think you're not making progress, right?

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
I used to remember being excited when updates were released. The sim girl genre of this type is rare indeed. Now these updates do nothing for me.

Foundation of a new job that will take a year to flesh out and another situational event if X/Y/Z line-up.

Jun 5, 2017
These devs have it made. 811 patrons right now, and four membership levels. If all of them are only at the lowest level of $5 this game is pulling in $4,000 a month.
Even assuming a decent chunk of patrons are at a higher tier, Patreon and bank fees are going to cut a good chunk of it. They're probably making a decent middle-class salary out of this, but it's a temporary and highly variable salary for a project you can't really put on your resume.

That said, they don't really seem to be doing too much actual work so it's probably easy living for them right now. I'm curious to see what happens to adult game developers after their Patreon income winds down... I'm not guessing it's good.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Less variation? That sounds not so great, given how unvaried I feel the scenes in Newlife are.
The clean slate sex scenes are basically "Pick general type of sex (blowjob, titjob, sex, exc.) and then variations of that type (missionary, doggy, cowgirl.) you get to pick variations several times, depending, and all the scenes are a mix of a small amount of text and an image or video clip. Honestly it's down to taste, but the clean slate scenes do a better job than newlife, since you aren't just selecting the same actions 20-30 times to finish every scene.

It's much earlier in development, so there's currently less content in terms of scenes but the development is currently going fairly quickly.

Johntheloner

Jun 14, 2017
Even assuming a decent chunk of patrons are at a higher tier, Patreon and bank fees are going to cut a good chunk of it. They're probably making a decent middle-class salary out of this, but it's a temporary and highly variable salary for a project you can't really put on your resume.

That said, they don't really seem to be doing too much actual work so it's probably easy living for them right now. I'm curious to see what happens to adult game developers after their Patreon income winds down... I'm not guessing it's good.
I mean, Adult game developers that are actually treating it as a full time job probably learn enough from their time to move forward with 'real' projects. Beyond that, I would guess you just go back to whatever you were doing before hand. Even if that's bagging groceries.

I'd think, if I was doing a project like this one, and getting the level of income that this dev does, I'd be making a nest egg and actively living a bit below my means to ensure it is sizable. Then, if patreon falls through, I have funding for a trade school, or maybe even a decent start on funding a degree. Nest egg can also keep afloat for a bit while looking for normal job.

Then again, I'm a rather economically frugal person in general.

Orlu

Dec 10, 2018
They're probably making a decent middle-class salary out of this, but it's a temporary and highly variable salary for a project you can't really put on your resume.
Right, but if you're putting in the odd hour of work every few days for it like these guys seem to be, you can keep a proper full time job going in parallel no sweat.

3.50 star(s) 34 Votes