Watters

Nov 9, 2017
Thanks. It saves me to play this game. I´m OK with female MC, but not into the roleplay of dating men. Not gay :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't say there's a whole lot of roleplay in this game. Dating is pretty barebones and any non-sexual interactions are pretty short as well.

Reactions: ElBandarra

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
Most dates are shallow as a puddle unless you're dating someone sleazy and he cinema or adult store options come up. The cinema one is far better. There should be regular updates here to make the gist of the game far deeper. Resto dates are boring, bar dates are little better.

There also an incredible need to beef up the sexual content. Being able to change positions, provide additional sex locations, adding new sexual positions like reverse cowgirl or side by side (or beefing up existing ones ex: doggy style converting to a belly down, etc.).

Butts McGee

Jul 3, 2018
Most dates are shallow as a puddle unless you're dating someone sleazy and he cinema or adult store options come up. The cinema one is far better. There should be regular updates here to make the gist of the game far deeper. Resto dates are boring, bar dates are little better.

There also an incredible need to beef up the sexual content. Being able to change positions, provide additional sex locations, adding new sexual positions like reverse cowgirl or side by side (or beefing up existing ones ex: doggy style converting to a belly down, etc.).
There's an incredible need to beef up literally everything about this game, aside from maybe the outfit system. The whole thing just feels watery and anemic. I think the dev may have made the mistake of working wide instead of deep, making a bunch of systems and tags with less content rather than a small handful of systems and tags with a lot of content.

Florentius

Oct 21, 2018
Is there the fetish of "lesbianism" in this game, or it's just man-woman action?
There's a few events sprinkled in there but no definite sex scenes.

Some of the events that I encountered:

1, The girls that approach you while dancing alone while going out is pretty expansive and depending on your willpower/drunkness can go pretty far.. probably the best one.

2. During house parties you can potentially have some make out/going down on one another scenes depending on if you win/lose with other girls and their forfeits.

3. having a female friend that goes to bars will sometimes show your male counterpart "how its done" and will make out with you.

4. There's an event with a male friend where you gotta seduce a lady for a distraction but again mostly making out.

That is about the extend of what I've seen so far.

Xhak

Dec 24, 2017
There's an incredible need to beef up literally everything about this game, aside from maybe the outfit system. The whole thing just feels watery and anemic. I think the dev may have made the mistake of working wide instead of deep, making a bunch of systems and tags with less content rather than a small handful of systems and tags with a lot of content.
Dev is just plain lazy.
I know this from the first hand. He is not wanting to make game extensible and he isn't interested in making dynamic the content he always is claiming "takes the most time", which is the extra responses and character thought reactions for different states.
I RE his game and look at logic. It is terrible. Conditions hardcoded extremely, many many if cases in dialog to make every scene "unique"(????) based on character state.

The idea is okay, but doing it all in separate IF blocks (sometimes many nested IF blocks for single paragraph) is too much work and he will not make it less. But even all of the bad code is not enough work to explain how little he is doing.

He also flatly rejects making user scene hooks so users can add own scenes into game. It is very easy. Someone once even gave him the example coding for doing it. He did not do it.

The chance of this game ever being good or being finished is 0%.

Butts McGee

Jul 3, 2018
Dev is just plain lazy.
I know this from the first hand. He is not wanting to make game extensible and he isn't interested in making dynamic the content he always is claiming "takes the most time", which is the extra responses and character thought reactions for different states.
I RE his game and look at logic. It is terrible. Conditions hardcoded extremely, many many if cases in dialog to make every scene "unique"(????) based on character state.

The idea is okay, but doing it all in separate IF blocks (sometimes many nested IF blocks for single paragraph) is too much work and he will not make it less. But even all of the bad code is not enough work to explain how little he is doing.

He also flatly rejects making user scene hooks so users can add own scenes into game. It is very easy. Someone once even gave him the example coding for doing it. He did not do it.

The chance of this game ever being good or being finished is 0%.
Don't suppose we could convince you to make a better game instead then? I'd personally put money into the game Newlife should be.

violet.rain

Aug 19, 2020
Don't suppose we could convince you to make a better game instead then? I'd personally put money into the game Newlife should be.
I'm working on a game similar to Newlife. I used to be a patron a long, long time ago, back when SO's 2-week updates had more content added than 3 monthly updates nowadays. But it's still in the concept stage, and it will take at least until the end of the year for me to put out even an alpha version. I want to have a solid codebase for the game before I start writing heavily. A lot of the games I follow start out very ambitiously and then basically die out cuz the devs have too much technical debt in their code and are too lazy to migrate.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Isnt the game Accidentaly Woman basically newlife redone from ground up?
It's the same concept / genre, there have been numerous variations on the same concept, most of them dead by now or suffering various stages of slowdown / feature bloat.

From what I remember from the last time I played it Accidental Woman has the issue of over complicating the game in ways that aren't fun in my opinion.

Some of the other (still at least partly active) games in this life sim genre are Young Maria, Girl Life, Clean Slate, and Life Choices. They all have threads heard IIRC.

Reactions: jinzy

International

Dec 9, 2019
AW is more like a simplified Girl's Life in terms of game play. I don't know of any life sim game that abstracts gameplay as much as newlife does. They all fall into the trap of having tons of small grindy things to waste your time and clicks.

Is there ANYTHING for the new job? I sped through 100+ weeks of it, and only got promotions. No real events.

Reactions: Watters

kallabunga

Sep 4, 2018
it is but its way worse. probably the most fundamental issue is that the devs decided to extensively modify the sugarcube engine instead of using just using an engine that wasnt shit, and unsurprisingly the game has always been a buggy mess because of it.
also, if you think newlife dates are bad, AW dates are 100x worse.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
I can't put my finger on why it's taking so long for this game to be updated I mean it just text, if the engine is the problem why not just change it?
It becomes almost funny how long these updates take and how little they bring to the table.
Because when you've already got a passive income of £4k, why would you bother investing more time?

3.50 star(s) 34 Votes